Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145408
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 08-Oct-23 08:35 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145408, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Sun Oct 8 08:31:44 2023

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Aashrith perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:133

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HabbsMon 09-Oct-23 03:57 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145417, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to disappoint anyone on the delete.

I liked the character and wanted to try out the humility edge, but I screwed myself up thinking an edge that takes that much of a sacrifice to work would be a cheap edge. So then taking bolt from the blue in turn made me have to hero to get humility instead of spending some time out of hero range to get a feel for how to fight extremely undergeared compared to everyone else, especially heroes. I was trying to figure out why I couldn't take the edge for a long time, first thinking it was an immxp requirement, then maybe I needed some time spent in humble attire, then realizing it was the EP cost and I had to level up to hero.

Defender isn't what I thought it would be as well after not playing one for like 20 years. For a defensive image, I don't know that they are any more defensive than other paladin dedications. Avenger and defender seemed pretty similar to me, although I always try to position my role for temperance if I go for an avenger to try to make sure I don't get bashed into oblivion all the time....which is exactly what was happening on the defender.

Was a good learning experience, and I have some possibly maybes on trying the edge out again sometime, but likely not with a defender.

ArjabyMon 09-Oct-23 04:12 PM
Member since 16th May 2023
73 posts
#145418, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 09-Oct-23 04:16 PM

Are you sure you practiced shield mastery? I once didn't practice it for awhile and was wondering why my defense was sooooo bad. Good work trying a paladin after so long! glwyyn

HabbsMon 09-Oct-23 04:32 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
#145419, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion..."
In response to Reply #3

Definitely had it, but I didn't realize how rare it was for the shield to counter bash with it. And I may have misspoke....I have had LOTS of paladins over the last 20 years, just not defenders.

OnewingedangelSun 08-Oct-23 10:08 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#145413, "Sad to see this happen...nt"
In response to Reply #0

NT

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145408 Previous topic | Next topic