Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=145408
145408, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 8 08:31:44 2023

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Aashrith perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:133
145417, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Habbs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to disappoint anyone on the delete.

I liked the character and wanted to try out the humility edge, but I screwed myself up thinking an edge that takes that much of a sacrifice to work would be a cheap edge. So then taking bolt from the blue in turn made me have to hero to get humility instead of spending some time out of hero range to get a feel for how to fight extremely undergeared compared to everyone else, especially heroes. I was trying to figure out why I couldn't take the edge for a long time, first thinking it was an immxp requirement, then maybe I needed some time spent in humble attire, then realizing it was the EP cost and I had to level up to hero.

Defender isn't what I thought it would be as well after not playing one for like 20 years. For a defensive image, I don't know that they are any more defensive than other paladin dedications. Avenger and defender seemed pretty similar to me, although I always try to position my role for temperance if I go for an avenger to try to make sure I don't get bashed into oblivion all the time....which is exactly what was happening on the defender.

Was a good learning experience, and I have some possibly maybes on trying the edge out again sometime, but likely not with a defender.
145418, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Arjaby on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are you sure you practiced shield mastery? I once didn't practice it for awhile and was wondering why my defense was sooooo bad. Good work trying a paladin after so long! glwyyn
145419, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aashrith Myshayla the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Habbs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Definitely had it, but I didn't realize how rare it was for the shield to counter bash with it. And I may have misspoke....I have had LOTS of paladins over the last 20 years, just not defenders.
145413, Sad to see this happen...nt
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT