Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #144118
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 08-Feb-23 08:00 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#144118, "(DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince"

Wed Feb 8 18:59:43 2023

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Grungelglut perished, never to return.

Race:goblin
Class:raider
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:202

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, FullmoonCat, 09-Feb-23 01:53 AM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lyeeth (Anonymous), 09-Feb-23 07:35 AM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Hemma (Anonymous), 09-Feb-23 02:10 PM, #5
     Reply Smeagol, FullmoonCat, 09-Feb-23 02:59 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince, Czernish (Anonymous), 08-Feb-23 11:26 PM, #1
     Reply Czernish is big noise!, FullmoonCat, 09-Feb-23 12:06 AM, #2

FullmoonCatThu 09-Feb-23 01:49 AM
Member since 10th Jan 2023
168 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#144121, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 09-Feb-23 01:53 AM

Grungelglut was my second character since coming back to the game after 19 years. His origins had overlap with Ballassan. I actually created the character because I needed a break from Bellassan after feeling like I was tossed into the deep end too soon. Bellas was like level 40 or something. And I was still so noob that an imm tried to interact with me as Grungelglut and I had no idea what to do. Thank you to that imm, and I am so sorry.

I put the character on ice for a bit because I got really paranoid about multichar rules. Funny I got dinged for a different rule. But uh... oh well.

Grungel was born of a simple idea. I had been criticized rather uniformly for choosing the wrong repertoire as an elven bard, so I was like... screw it. What if I created the worst character ever, and that's their whole backstory? Nobody plays goblins, and it seemed like a lot of fun. So I created a goblin, and while I was at it, I took 4 flaws and made it part of the story. Read the PBF if you care.

TLDR: Grungel was born a cursed goblin. Like the worst goblin from the worst clan of goblins. But! Maybe he fit a certain prophesy from that same clan. Maybe he was the chosen one. Hilarity ensues.

This character was more fun than I can really describe. I'd be sitting in front of my computer with a huge grin on my face, and my wife would ask, "Goblining?" Yeah I was. Goblining was so great. The silly speech pattern, the fun skills, the mount! OMG the mount. Anyway... play more goblins, you weirdos. Stop power-gaming and start having fun.

Finx - You were awesome, where did you go? Grungel's first friend. I killed the imperial recruiter many times because you changed after you joined them.

Lultrin - Powerful one! Love everything you are doing, keep doing it. I hope you get there in time. You seem to have the patience. Grungel wanted to be your minion.

Hemma - f*** you! (I am kidding, you are a great character!)

Czernish - Last and not at all least. You are awesome. I wish I could say more, but active character etc. Just know you make this character experience so much better. I considered not deleting just to see what you were up to, but it felt dangerous rules-wise.

Other than that, I wish I had been able to get a title... and I don't mean that in a bitter way. It was just my last character goal. I did everything I set out to do with this guy other than get some acknowledgement as the Warchief of Silverwood or even Warchief of Goblin Clans. Anything. I started to feel a little desperate praying to Morius literally daily for weeks, writing a note, yadda yadda. Finally I took the hint that it just wasn't going to be a thing. Bad timing, I think, for Morius's player. I hope you are okay and not too stressed.

See you all in The Fields! I'll be the guy you are probably killing.

Lyeeth (Anonymous)Thu 09-Feb-23 07:35 AM
Charter member
#144122, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

You were great fun to have around the inn, I am sorry your amassing of the ultimate goblin army did not work out.

Hemma (Anonymous)Thu 09-Feb-23 02:10 PM
Charter member
#144124, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

When I thought that you might entertain the notion of redemption, I stayed my hand, but then I saw you killing random elves in Darsylon to practice butchering, and I was like, "Nope."

I never saw you break role, even when you throwing out that Smeagol/Gollum vibe. You were lots of fun to interact with.

P.S. What you say about goblin mounts is so accurate. I was always careful around Grungel because I have just had goblins destroy previous characters I've played and their mobility is a large part of that.

Great character, and I look forward to your next.

FullmoonCatThu 09-Feb-23 02:59 PM
168 posts
#144125, "Smeagol"
In response to Reply #5

Grungel was very Smeagol-inspired. The speech pattern was actually more like the old Chris Kattan SNL Smeagol impersonation. I might be dating myself with that reference.

I of course never had any intention of seeking redemption, but it would have been fun to discuss it with an Acolyte. Sadly, none ever approached me about it even after I told you I would talk to them. I was only agreeing so you would stop tying up poor Grungel. And just for murdering a bunch of innocent elfses!

I had some of my best lines in our talks, which maybe got a bit too philosophical for the likes of a dumb goblin. I wish I could say more, but alas I do not want to go too deeply into any active character stuff. I enjoyed all of my interactions with you, both before and after you started trying to kill me.

Czernish (Anonymous)Wed 08-Feb-23 11:26 PM
Charter member
#144119, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince"
In response to Reply #0

Just a kick in the gut. My favorite character so far. Will be missed.

FullmoonCatThu 09-Feb-23 12:06 AM
168 posts
#144120, "Czernish is big noise!"
In response to Reply #1

You were an amazing person to interact with. I don't usually play evils, because it has been my experience that the RP is poor or non-existent. But you were always amazing. And holy crap, those like... 6 hours we spend exploring Jade Vaults. Insane. You made this character experience so much richer, so thank you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #144118 Previous topic | Next topic