Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=144118
144118, (DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Feb 8 18:59:43 2023

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Grungelglut perished, never to return.
Race:goblin
Class:raider
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:202
144121, Goodbyes
Posted by FullmoonCat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Grungelglut was my second character since coming back to the game after 19 years. His origins had overlap with Ballassan. I actually created the character because I needed a break from Bellassan after feeling like I was tossed into the deep end too soon. Bellas was like level 40 or something. And I was still so noob that an imm tried to interact with me as Grungelglut and I had no idea what to do. Thank you to that imm, and I am so sorry.

I put the character on ice for a bit because I got really paranoid about multichar rules. Funny I got dinged for a different rule. But uh... oh well.

Grungel was born of a simple idea. I had been criticized rather uniformly for choosing the wrong repertoire as an elven bard, so I was like... screw it. What if I created the worst character ever, and that's their whole backstory? Nobody plays goblins, and it seemed like a lot of fun. So I created a goblin, and while I was at it, I took 4 flaws and made it part of the story. Read the PBF if you care.

TLDR: Grungel was born a cursed goblin. Like the worst goblin from the worst clan of goblins. But! Maybe he fit a certain prophesy from that same clan. Maybe he was the chosen one. Hilarity ensues.

This character was more fun than I can really describe. I'd be sitting in front of my computer with a huge grin on my face, and my wife would ask, "Goblining?" Yeah I was. Goblining was so great. The silly speech pattern, the fun skills, the mount! OMG the mount. Anyway... play more goblins, you weirdos. Stop power-gaming and start having fun.

Finx - You were awesome, where did you go? Grungel's first friend. I killed the imperial recruiter many times because you changed after you joined them.

Lultrin - Powerful one! Love everything you are doing, keep doing it. I hope you get there in time. You seem to have the patience. Grungel wanted to be your minion.

Hemma - f*** you! (I am kidding, you are a great character!)

Czernish - Last and not at all least. You are awesome. I wish I could say more, but active character etc. Just know you make this character experience so much better. I considered not deleting just to see what you were up to, but it felt dangerous rules-wise.

Other than that, I wish I had been able to get a title... and I don't mean that in a bitter way. It was just my last character goal. I did everything I set out to do with this guy other than get some acknowledgement as the Warchief of Silverwood or even Warchief of Goblin Clans. Anything. I started to feel a little desperate praying to Morius literally daily for weeks, writing a note, yadda yadda. Finally I took the hint that it just wasn't going to be a thing. Bad timing, I think, for Morius's player. I hope you are okay and not too stressed.

See you all in The Fields! I'll be the guy you are probably killing.
144122, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Lyeeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were great fun to have around the inn, I am sorry your amassing of the ultimate goblin army did not work out.
144124, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Hemma on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I thought that you might entertain the notion of redemption, I stayed my hand, but then I saw you killing random elves in Darsylon to practice butchering, and I was like, "Nope."

I never saw you break role, even when you throwing out that Smeagol/Gollum vibe. You were lots of fun to interact with.

P.S. What you say about goblin mounts is so accurate. I was always careful around Grungel because I have just had goblins destroy previous characters I've played and their mobility is a large part of that.

Great character, and I look forward to your next.
144125, Smeagol
Grungel was very Smeagol-inspired. The speech pattern was actually more like the old Chris Kattan SNL Smeagol impersonation. I might be dating myself with that reference.

I of course never had any intention of seeking redemption, but it would have been fun to discuss it with an Acolyte. Sadly, none ever approached me about it even after I told you I would talk to them. I was only agreeing so you would stop tying up poor Grungel. And just for murdering a bunch of innocent elfses! ;)

I had some of my best lines in our talks, which maybe got a bit too philosophical for the likes of a dumb goblin. I wish I could say more, but alas I do not want to go too deeply into any active character stuff. I enjoyed all of my interactions with you, both before and after you started trying to kill me.
144119, RE: (DELETED) [None] Grungelglut the Goblin Prince
Posted by Czernish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a kick in the gut. My favorite character so far. Will be missed.
144120, Czernish is big noise!
You were an amazing person to interact with. I don't usually play evils, because it has been my experience that the RP is poor or non-existent. But you were always amazing. And holy crap, those like... 6 hours we spend exploring Jade Vaults. Insane. You made this character experience so much richer, so thank you.