Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138766
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 15-Apr-20 06:40 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138766, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master of Changelings"

Wed Apr 15 06:35:40 2020

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Xuvian perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:253

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Ma..., Xuvian (Anonymous), 17-Apr-20 05:26 AM, #1
     Reply Having had walrus, incognito, 17-Apr-20 04:04 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Having had walrus, Xuvian (Anonymous), 17-Apr-20 04:21 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Ma..., Admund (Anonymous), 17-Apr-20 05:59 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Ma..., Xuvian (Anonymous), 17-Apr-20 07:26 PM, #5
     Reply Sorry for bailing on you As Tanamara, SPN, 18-Apr-20 06:44 AM, #6
          Reply No worries. , Xuvian (Anonymous), 18-Apr-20 05:21 PM, #7

Xuvian (Anonymous)Fri 17-Apr-20 05:26 AM
Charter member
#138777, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Ma..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm a sucker for the Water Enlivens, so, I made an Outlander thinking I'd get some use out of the forms while on the Open Sea but that wasn't to be.

Ergush - Sorry I ended up stepping down. My hours were cramped at one point and I didn't foresee them coming back any time soon.

Outlander - Sorry for putting some of you in a bind. I thought I was asking Ergush to look for a replacement, rather than leaving a hole in leadership, but I hope I had a positive influence on some of you.

When I did have opportunity to return to some more hours, I found out that the Goddess I prayed to, off and on, for 200 hours departed. Aylosi, I never even got to meet you. Next time, I'll certainly do a note long before that.

Now, as far as the build and forms, I liked most of my early forms and was fairly happy there. Caiman, clouded leopard and swordfish were really nice. Pachyderm, great well rounded form. Lobster... I think whomever balanced this form tried to spread the points out over too many areas. Taking all the ability to defend away and re-focused it on one defensive category would be better, in my opinion. As an example, I met a walrus once while ranking and I was really jealous. It had near the same defense is Pachyderm and as much or more offense than me. I think that's a better balance. Even if it doesn't dodge, focusing on one defensive category made it seem much better. As a side note, it also did worse damage than Swordfish and pinch failed an overwhelming majority of the time. Giving it the ability to swig a claw like a club or bite with it's mouth would give help the form be more nimble in combat.

As usual though, love the game. IMMs are doing a great job and I like seeing those echos from time to time. Reminds me of years ago when I first began playing. There were a lot of echos then. Great work, keep it up.

incognitoFri 17-Apr-20 04:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138781, "Having had walrus"
In response to Reply #1

It kind of sucks out of water. Whereas lobster still has some utility.

Xuvian (Anonymous)Fri 17-Apr-20 04:21 PM
Charter member
#138782, "RE: Having had walrus"
In response to Reply #2

I noticed very little in the way of tanking difference from the land or water with Lobster. What I did notice is the Mana drain went from 20ish to 50 per tic. Also, when I pitted my Lobster against Walrus, land and water, it was defeated with about a 70/30% hp difference in us and I clearly had more hp based on gear.

I'm not sure about the utility part though. The only thing that I think lobster can do on land that the Walrus couldn't would be to molt. Tailflip/waterscatter are pretty similar and it's almost always just as safe to revert/word. Overall, I'm not sure about the skills because no one has posted them on the Wiki.

Admund (Anonymous)Fri 17-Apr-20 05:59 PM
Charter member
#138783, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Ma..."
In response to Reply #1

I am sorry to see you go, man. You were awesome the few times we interacted. And thank you for showing me those few places, I had hoped to pick your brain some more, but we almost never lined up.

Xuvian (Anonymous)Fri 17-Apr-20 07:26 PM
Charter member
#138784, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Ma..."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah. After losing playing time and no more goddess to follow, I felt like I had nothing to shoot for and just lost interest in the character. I do enjoy teaching and showing people things though, so when I get the chance I do. Glad you liked what you saw. I think you'll do well in the position. Good luck.

SPNSat 18-Apr-20 06:44 AM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138785, "Sorry for bailing on you As Tanamara"
In response to Reply #1

Took me a while to realize I don't voker well (again). But it was pretty silly watching a hide of the walrus pachy with full shields taking scratches from nightwalkers

Xuvian (Anonymous)Sat 18-Apr-20 05:21 PM
Charter member
#138789, "No worries. "
In response to Reply #6

Playing as a Pachyderm is pretty nice in that you can get in and out of a lot of situations that you really shouldn't otherwise but the flip side of that is that you're not doing very much when you're there either. I still prefer my forms to avoid damage and spells to simply absorbing all of them but if you have any decent prepping on a Pachyderm, they're nearly impossible to down unless you find a way to insta-kill them.

Hope you found something you enjoy playing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138766 Previous topic | Next topic