Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138766
138766, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 15 06:35:40 2020

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Xuvian perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:253
138777, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Xuvian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm a sucker for the Water Enlivens, so, I made an Outlander thinking I'd get some use out of the forms while on the Open Sea but that wasn't to be.

Ergush - Sorry I ended up stepping down. My hours were cramped at one point and I didn't foresee them coming back any time soon.

Outlander - Sorry for putting some of you in a bind. I thought I was asking Ergush to look for a replacement, rather than leaving a hole in leadership, but I hope I had a positive influence on some of you.

When I did have opportunity to return to some more hours, I found out that the Goddess I prayed to, off and on, for 200 hours departed. :( Aylosi, I never even got to meet you. Next time, I'll certainly do a note long before that.

Now, as far as the build and forms, I liked most of my early forms and was fairly happy there. Caiman, clouded leopard and swordfish were really nice. Pachyderm, great well rounded form. Lobster... I think whomever balanced this form tried to spread the points out over too many areas. Taking all the ability to defend away and re-focused it on one defensive category would be better, in my opinion. As an example, I met a walrus once while ranking and I was really jealous. It had near the same defense is Pachyderm and as much or more offense than me. I think that's a better balance. Even if it doesn't dodge, focusing on one defensive category made it seem much better. As a side note, it also did worse damage than Swordfish and pinch failed an overwhelming majority of the time. Giving it the ability to swig a claw like a club or bite with it's mouth would give help the form be more nimble in combat.

As usual though, love the game. IMMs are doing a great job and I like seeing those echos from time to time. Reminds me of years ago when I first began playing. There were a lot of echos then. Great work, keep it up.

138781, Having had walrus
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It kind of sucks out of water. Whereas lobster still has some utility.
138782, RE: Having had walrus
I noticed very little in the way of tanking difference from the land or water with Lobster. What I did notice is the Mana drain went from 20ish to 50 per tic. Also, when I pitted my Lobster against Walrus, land and water, it was defeated with about a 70/30% hp difference in us and I clearly had more hp based on gear.

I'm not sure about the utility part though. The only thing that I think lobster can do on land that the Walrus couldn't would be to molt. Tailflip/waterscatter are pretty similar and it's almost always just as safe to revert/word. Overall, I'm not sure about the skills because no one has posted them on the Wiki.
138783, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Admund on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sorry to see you go, man. You were awesome the few times we interacted. And thank you for showing me those few places, I had hoped to pick your brain some more, but we almost never lined up.
138784, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xuvian Siltstone the Grand Master of Changelings
Yeah. After losing playing time and no more goddess to follow, I felt like I had nothing to shoot for and just lost interest in the character. I do enjoy teaching and showing people things though, so when I get the chance I do. Glad you liked what you saw. I think you'll do well in the position. Good luck.
138785, Sorry for bailing on you As Tanamara
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Took me a while to realize I don't voker well (again). But it was pretty silly watching a hide of the walrus pachy with full shields taking scratches from nightwalkers
138789, No worries.
Playing as a Pachyderm is pretty nice in that you can get in and out of a lot of situations that you really shouldn't otherwise but the flip side of that is that you're not doing very much when you're there either. I still prefer my forms to avoid damage and spells to simply absorbing all of them but if you have any decent prepping on a Pachyderm, they're nearly impossible to down unless you find a way to insta-kill them.

Hope you found something you enjoy playing.