Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Astina the Shinan" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137748
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Nov-19 04:10 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137748, "(DELETED) [None] Astina the Shinan"

Thu Nov 28 15:05:08 2019

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Astina perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:174

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoFri 29-Nov-19 08:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137751, "This one just didn't click"
In response to Reply #0

Originally rolled this character because I figured I could still play an assassinating-style assassin with an often slow and unreliable connection.

Started out well enough. Then my pk range emptied and stayed empty. I realised I was bored from lack of a cabal. Not to mention that edge points were even more scarce when you are uncaballed and can't retrieve.

So to spice things up, I tried to create some new challanges. When I teleported to the mob with the belt that lashes (I ate a duo-dimension prep that also teleports you, because I wanted to experiment about stalking in duo), an imm very kindly appeared and talked to me about bargaining for a way out (which was very cool -- thank you!).

So I tried to offer my right arm, thinking I'd try playing with the one-armed flaw. The offer wasn't taken up, and instead I had to tell an entertaining story, which was also kind of fun.

Then I could see that Trib was getting silly powerful so rejected magic and tried to join the village. That was also a fun challenge, especially given my past use of magic was something I was open about, meaning I had a tougher than normal entry requirement. In the end I was allowed in on a provisional basis, provided that I killed three magi in an rl week. That was not that easy given that for a chunk of that week, no magi were around, but I managed it in the end. One of those kills was on a mage in the snow worm lair, so I knew it was a suicide run. But the ganking I got when the victim unghosted was also fun in its own way, and the tribs that got me were cool about it. I did kick myself afterwards though as I think I figured out, in hindsight, a way to win that fight. As it was, I spent most of it paralyzed from the shifter halloween form skill, and started the fight with something like -22 strength from the cold of the area. But if I'm right, it was still winnable, and I just didn't realise how in time.

Village defender assassin is a strong build, but I spent much of the time without much to do, so kind of fizzled out. Hopefully I managed to help out a few villagers on the way.

Think my favorite moments of this character were assassinating people while I was visible. Got two conjurers like that after their mephits brought me out.

PanmorneFri 29-Nov-19 12:33 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137752, "The snow worm!"
In response to Reply #1

That there mage kill of yours is when I started taking you seriously. I gave you a job to do, and damned well you were going to see that mage die even if you had to die to manage it.

Ain't too shabby! I liked seeing what you got yourself into.

incognitoFri 29-Nov-19 02:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137754, "RE: The snow worm!"
In response to Reply #2

It was good having you around during the quiet times, and our interactions made me want to roll a follower of yours. You noticing the snow worm episode made it that much more enjoyable.

To be honest I can't remember another time when getting successfully ganked was actually fun from start to finish.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137748 Previous topic | Next topic