Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Astina the Shinan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=137748
137748, (DELETED) [None] Astina the Shinan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 28 15:05:08 2019

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Astina perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:174
137751, This one just didn't click
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Originally rolled this character because I figured I could still play an assassinating-style assassin with an often slow and unreliable connection.

Started out well enough. Then my pk range emptied and stayed empty. I realised I was bored from lack of a cabal. Not to mention that edge points were even more scarce when you are uncaballed and can't retrieve.

So to spice things up, I tried to create some new challanges. When I teleported to the mob with the belt that lashes (I ate a duo-dimension prep that also teleports you, because I wanted to experiment about stalking in duo), an imm very kindly appeared and talked to me about bargaining for a way out (which was very cool -- thank you!).

So I tried to offer my right arm, thinking I'd try playing with the one-armed flaw. The offer wasn't taken up, and instead I had to tell an entertaining story, which was also kind of fun.

Then I could see that Trib was getting silly powerful so rejected magic and tried to join the village. That was also a fun challenge, especially given my past use of magic was something I was open about, meaning I had a tougher than normal entry requirement. In the end I was allowed in on a provisional basis, provided that I killed three magi in an rl week. That was not that easy given that for a chunk of that week, no magi were around, but I managed it in the end. One of those kills was on a mage in the snow worm lair, so I knew it was a suicide run. But the ganking I got when the victim unghosted was also fun in its own way, and the tribs that got me were cool about it. I did kick myself afterwards though as I think I figured out, in hindsight, a way to win that fight. As it was, I spent most of it paralyzed from the shifter halloween form skill, and started the fight with something like -22 strength from the cold of the area. But if I'm right, it was still winnable, and I just didn't realise how in time.

Village defender assassin is a strong build, but I spent much of the time without much to do, so kind of fizzled out. Hopefully I managed to help out a few villagers on the way.

Think my favorite moments of this character were assassinating people while I was visible. Got two conjurers like that after their mephits brought me out.

137752, The snow worm!
Posted by Panmorne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That there mage kill of yours is when I started taking you seriously. I gave you a job to do, and damned well you were going to see that mage die even if you had to die to manage it.

Ain't too shabby! I liked seeing what you got yourself into.
137754, RE: The snow worm!
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was good having you around during the quiet times, and our interactions made me want to roll a follower of yours. You noticing the snow worm episode made it that much more enjoyable.

To be honest I can't remember another time when getting successfully ganked was actually fun from start to finish.