Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation of Li..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131244
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 11-Jun-17 12:36 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131244, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation of Life, Imperial High Priest"

Sun Jun 11 00:34:24 2017

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Undemelm perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:292

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation o..., Undemelm (Anonymous), 11-Jun-17 01:45 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation o..., sleepy, 11-Jun-17 02:52 PM, #2
     Reply I liked Undemelm. Good RP. Thumbs up. nt, Acra (Anonymous), 11-Jun-17 04:35 PM, #3
     Reply You are part of the problem and I tell you why..., Buon (Anonymous), 11-Jun-17 04:56 PM, #4
     Reply RE: You are part of the problem and I tell you why..., Isildur, 11-Jun-17 05:33 PM, #5
     Reply RE: You are part of the problem and I tell you why..., Undemelm (Anonymous), 11-Jun-17 05:38 PM, #6
          Reply Oh is that the name of the perma these days? n/t, Lhydia, 11-Jun-17 08:06 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Oh is that the name of the perma these days? n/t, Jhyrbian, 11-Jun-17 09:01 PM, #9
     Reply Re: playerbase is the worst, Murphy, 11-Jun-17 08:55 PM, #8
     Reply It's funny..., k-b, 12-Jun-17 07:33 AM, #10
     Reply RE: It's funny..., Undemelm (Anonymous), 12-Jun-17 11:20 AM, #11
          Reply Re: Perma Stuff, Destuvius, 12-Jun-17 11:56 AM, #12
          Reply I think you guys don't understand how RotD works, Kstatida, 12-Jun-17 12:17 PM, #13
          Reply We finally agree on something., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 06:51 PM, #45
               Reply We agree on many things, Sam, Kstatida, 13-Jun-17 04:17 AM, #55
                    Reply Still a twat. Good to know. Feel better each day abou..., TMNS, 13-Jun-17 06:04 PM, #64
          Reply RE: Re: Perma Stuff, Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 12:58 PM, #17
          Reply I've deleted over a couple of unsubstantiated 'warnings..., Lhydia, 12-Jun-17 02:23 PM, #21
          Reply RE: I've deleted over a couple of unsubstantiated 'warn..., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 02:30 PM, #22
          Reply RE: I've deleted over a couple of unsubstantiated 'warn..., Mort, 14-Jun-17 06:44 AM, #66
          Reply How gracious of you, Bemused, 12-Jun-17 05:48 PM, #39
          Reply Is Destuvius the new RayBaer/Valg/Cador or is it Umiron..., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 06:52 PM, #46
          Reply RE: Re: Perma Stuff, Shalic (Anonymous), 13-Jun-17 01:41 AM, #53
               Reply " I am sure there are several imms that don't have a pr..., Lhydia, 13-Jun-17 05:52 AM, #56
                    Reply Well if you don't have the proof, Kstatida, 13-Jun-17 07:34 AM, #57
                         Reply What I'm saying..., Lhydia, 13-Jun-17 08:19 AM, #58
                              Reply It wasn't Destuvius who , Kstatida, 13-Jun-17 09:34 AM, #59
                                   Reply RE: It wasn't Destuvius who , Jhyrbian, 13-Jun-17 10:33 AM, #60
                                        Reply It's me who blames, not you :), Kstatida, 13-Jun-17 10:44 AM, #61
          Reply I won't press the matter., k-b, 12-Jun-17 12:38 PM, #14
               Reply RE: I won't press the matter., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 12:47 PM, #15
               Reply Damn Jhyrb, first healer ever?, TMNS, 12-Jun-17 05:35 PM, #35
                    Reply RE: Damn Jhyrb, first healer ever?, Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 05:43 PM, #38
                         Reply Why you're a boss. Imperial Healer = Best Healer thoug..., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 06:55 PM, #47
                              Reply RE: Why you're a boss. Imperial Healer = Best Healer t..., Shalic (Anonymous), 13-Jun-17 01:28 AM, #52
               Reply This has to be said, Kstatida, 12-Jun-17 12:46 PM, #16
               Reply Glik has never killed any of the three characters I've ..., k-b, 12-Jun-17 01:24 PM, #19
                    Reply RE: Glik has never killed any of the three characters I..., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 02:20 PM, #20
                         Reply Nope. You and I were never in the same room., k-b, 12-Jun-17 03:06 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 03:40 PM, #24
                                   Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Isildur, 12-Jun-17 03:47 PM, #25
                                        Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 03:53 PM, #26
                                             Reply Thanks again Umiron. n/t, Lhydia, 12-Jun-17 04:07 PM, #27
                                             Reply RE: Thanks again Umiron. n/t, Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 04:09 PM, #28
                                                  Reply I thought it made 0 sense. , Lhydia, 12-Jun-17 04:11 PM, #29
                                                  Reply RE: I thought it made 0 sense. , Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 04:16 PM, #30
                                                  Reply One thing..., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 05:38 PM, #36
                                                  Reply Late "Edit", TMNS, 12-Jun-17 06:49 PM, #44
                                                  Reply HEALERS, N b M, 12-Jun-17 08:50 PM, #51
                                                  Reply Is Yanni a made up name here?, Lhydia, 12-Jun-17 05:50 PM, #40
                                                       Reply RE: Is Yanni a made up name here?, Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 06:05 PM, #42
                                                  Reply I bet it was Umiron, Kstatida, 13-Jun-17 03:58 AM, #54
                                                  Reply RE: Thanks again Umiron. n/t, Isildur, 12-Jun-17 04:53 PM, #32
                                                       Reply RE: Thanks again Umiron. n/t, Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 05:04 PM, #33
                                                            Reply Another thing..., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 05:40 PM, #37
                                                                 Reply RE: Another thing..., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 05:56 PM, #41
                                                                      Reply For me it's not necessarily loosing a set/PK loss..., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 06:48 PM, #43
                                                                           Reply RE: For me it's not necessarily loosing a set/PK loss....., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 07:05 PM, #48
                                                                           Reply Nah, I would have died to you 5-7 times..., TMNS, 12-Jun-17 07:39 PM, #49
                                                                           Reply RE: Nah, I would have died to you 5-7 times..., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 08:18 PM, #50
                                             Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Isildur, 12-Jun-17 04:51 PM, #31
                                             Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Jhyrbian, 12-Jun-17 05:05 PM, #34
                                             Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Retriever (Anonymous), 13-Jun-17 03:40 PM, #62
                                                  Reply RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room., Jhyrbian, 13-Jun-17 03:48 PM, #63
                                                  Reply Obviously not intended., Kstatida, 14-Jun-17 01:48 AM, #65
               Reply For example, Kstatida, 12-Jun-17 12:49 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation o..., Ishuli, 14-Jun-17 08:42 AM, #67

Undemelm (Anonymous)Sun 11-Jun-17 01:45 AM
Charter member
#131245, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation o..."
In response to Reply #0

This was my first hero in about seven years, thanks to Ishuli for putting up with my subpar RP.

Thanks to Sacer for the amazing area to explore. Maybe someday I'll finish it off.

The playerbase is the worst part of CF.

sleepySun 11-Jun-17 02:52 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131253, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation o..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm interested in knowing why you think the playerbase is the worst part. Do you mean numbers, or people's actual personalities? I don't agree or disagree, just curious to know your thoughts.

Acra (Anonymous)Sun 11-Jun-17 04:35 PM
Charter member
#131256, "I liked Undemelm. Good RP. Thumbs up. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Buon (Anonymous)Sun 11-Jun-17 04:56 PM
Charter member
#131257, "You are part of the problem and I tell you why..."
In response to Reply #1

I was stuck in a locked room and asked for your help for the key - easily obtainable by a hero - you wouldn't even response. We are team Empire.

IsildurSun 11-Jun-17 05:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#131258, "RE: You are part of the problem and I tell you why..."
In response to Reply #4

Should have offered something in return, even if its just an I.O.U. He's team Divine. You're team Blade.

Undemelm (Anonymous)Sun 11-Jun-17 05:38 PM
Charter member
#131259, "RE: You are part of the problem and I tell you why..."
In response to Reply #4

You should join Acolytes if you think that's how it should be.

LhydiaSun 11-Jun-17 08:06 PM
2390 posts
#131261, "Oh is that the name of the perma these days? n/t"
In response to Reply #6

Gr

JhyrbianSun 11-Jun-17 09:01 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131265, "RE: Oh is that the name of the perma these days? n/t"
In response to Reply #7

What does this even mean?

MurphySun 11-Jun-17 08:55 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131264, "Re: playerbase is the worst"
In response to Reply #1

Perhaps if you stopped melting their steel beams worn containers...

k-bMon 12-Jun-17 07:33 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#131272, "It's funny..."
In response to Reply #1

I actually think the playerbase is better now then it ever has been in my 20 years playing.

Furthermore, if there were an offending group, I would have to say that Empire is the worst among them. Perma's galore, cheating characters (Shapaa), and the single biggest prick that I've ever encountered in this game (Glik) who also happens to be your Emperor.

So I find it funny that you say the playerbase is bad. Unless, in a very meta turn of events, you are in fact referring to yourself.

Undemelm (Anonymous)Mon 12-Jun-17 11:20 AM
Charter member
#131277, "RE: It's funny..."
In response to Reply #10

You're welcome to believe what you want but this is the whiniest, self absorbed playerbase I've ever encountered. This game is only a shadow of what it could be and it's because of who is playing it.

You can cry about perma groups all day but if it were a problem, would someone not have said something to me? At least once in 292 hours? I had a single PVE focus, I didn't involve myself in PK unless I was forced to and I was online 95% of my life, literally alone.

There were Maran who would look at me while I was fighting their outer and then they would just word of recall and logout and let me slowly retrieve my item. No, they didn't "have to go." they did this more than once.

There was one person who invented some sort of irrational hatred for me in his brain and rolled multiple characters to try and kill me and didn't really try to hide the fact that he did that, even hinted at it IC.

Yep, Glikhardiz is definitely a problem player, he will anathema any Shadow that becomes Elite so he'll never have a full council to oust him. I would have got rid of him in a heartbeat given the opportunity but without Kotu or any other council around, there's no chance of that ever happening in this lifetime.

Say what you want about Shaapa but from my point of view he was one of the better people to interact with in game, super appreciative.

Also as a side note, anyone who lists off Shaapa's past string of characters in an unironic way IC as a reference to Shaapa's current characters should delete, your RP might be slightly worse than mine. You know who you are.

Anyway, enough of all this. Feel free to deflect it all back to me again, I honestly don't care. To those who actually roleplay and bring a character to life, thanks for being there.

DestuviusMon 12-Jun-17 11:56 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#131278, "Re: Perma Stuff"
In response to Reply #11

This is the only thing I really feel like chiming in on. Its painfully obvious that there was some questionable antics driven via OOC connections within Empire. It was a conscious choice to not swing the hammer even though, it could very easily be argued that it would be justified. Instead, we gave you guys some extra wiggle room to "do it right."

Sadly what has happened here is you guys all delete right after the other when someone even makes mention that you may want to consider being less obvious of a perma. I guess my point in this is all that you guys had a chance to break the perception and all you did was reinforce it.

KstatidaMon 12-Jun-17 12:17 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131279, "I think you guys don't understand how RotD works"
In response to Reply #12

You think it's "even makes mention", but perception on the other end is so way different, and it's obvious many of you don't realize that. I'm quite sure you've seen tens if not hundreds of players deleting in RotD or right after it and thought "Oh what a sissy? I didn't even threaten or something, and was friendly".

Ever wondered why?

Basicly the only type of players who won't get hurt by RotD pulls are those who don't give a #### about what you say there, not those who abide by your words

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 06:51 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#131314, "We finally agree on something."
In response to Reply #13

Uh oh, CF is about to die lol

KstatidaTue 13-Jun-17 04:17 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131330, "We agree on many things, Sam"
In response to Reply #45

Except for what can and cannot be said. You're on my FU list for exactly that reason.

TMNSTue 13-Jun-17 06:04 PM
2670 posts
#131343, "Still a twat. Good to know. Feel better each day abou..."
In response to Reply #55

NT

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 12:48 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131283, "RE: Re: Perma Stuff"
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Mon 12-Jun-17 12:58 PM

I never lied about any OOC connection within Empire but if you can call someone who's online SOLO for 90% of their lifetime a permagroup, we have different definitions of the term.

Does simply knowing someone ooc constitute a permagroup? I don't think so. Either way, it's your sandbox and your rules to enforce, not my fault if you don't followup with them. I don't care about anyone's perception, if they can whine about something, they will.

LhydiaMon 12-Jun-17 02:23 PM
2390 posts
#131289, "I've deleted over a couple of unsubstantiated 'warnings..."
In response to Reply #12

Basically if I hit ROTD for any reason I'll probably delete. ROTD means you've been branded a cheater for the most part, even if the reason you are there turns out not to be a valid one and you don't get in 'trouble'.

I know you or Akresius transferred me a couple of times to say 'it looks like you're doing XYZ' with me saying 'No not really and here's why' followed by me deleting shortly after being put back at market square. ROTD shouldn't be for conversations. Just wait for solid evidence of cheating and deny, that'd be far more preferable.

But yeah this was very noticeably a perma because the playerbase at this point is under the general opinion of hey perma's are okay I'm just playing with my friends. Just sort of a blurred line that is very obvious now that the playerbase is so much lower. Also no if you're logging in by yourself just to hang out to make it look like you play alone yeah its still a perma. =P

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 02:30 PM
917 posts
#131290, "RE: I've deleted over a couple of unsubstantiated 'warn..."
In response to Reply #21

It's a catch 22, I would login alone just hoping someone else will login to do something, but no one else ever did, my play times pretty much were pretty empty. If someone wanted to do something, I would have gladly done it within the confines of RP.

Not like it matters anymore, you're welcome to think what you want, this will likely be the last hero you guys see out of me anyway, so you won't have to worry about it.

MortWed 14-Jun-17 06:44 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
#131359, "RE: I've deleted over a couple of unsubstantiated 'warn..."
In response to Reply #21

I've been pulled into ROTD for "cheating", which ended up with just getting threatened and demanded I confess for something I had no idea about, including using my real name to put pressure on me.

I didn't cave in, obviously, and finally the imm relented and let me out with a final "IM WATCHING YOU" threat, but that character was pretty much ruined and I just let 'em auto.

BemusedMon 12-Jun-17 05:48 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#131308, "How gracious of you"
In response to Reply #12

Sadly what happened here is you and Umiron were allowed to IMM and basically chip away at what was once a great MUD.

I must have played 1000+ hours of Imperials over the last couple of years and haven't seen you on once. You don't even bother commenting on 600+ hours of two Empire characters that just deleted except to say how generous you are by not denying them (since apparently you could easily justify it right)? Also, if you *actually* believe it is justified then PvE on CF is dead.

You're a sad little man.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 06:52 PM
2670 posts
#131315, "Is Destuvius the new RayBaer/Valg/Cador or is it Umiron..."
In response to Reply #39

We must know these things.

Shalic (Anonymous)Tue 13-Jun-17 01:41 AM
Charter member
#131326, "RE: Re: Perma Stuff"
In response to Reply #12

>This is the only thing I really feel like chiming in on. Its
>painfully obvious that there was some questionable antics
>driven via OOC connections within Empire. It was a conscious
>choice to not swing the hammer even though, it could very
>easily be argued that it would be justified. Instead, we gave
>you guys some extra wiggle room to "do it right."
>
>Sadly what has happened here is you guys all delete right
>after the other when someone even makes mention that you may
>want to consider being less obvious of a perma. I guess my
>point in this is all that you guys had a chance to break the
>perception and all you did was reinforce it.

You do have somewhat of a point, Kotu probably jumped the gun, I think he already had enough at that point. However, the principle remains, any kind of ROTD visit for PVE really is going too far on a mud that has insufficient player base for such a rule.

You probably noticed no Kotu/Shalic duo death squad going around? I assure you we could have seriously hurt some feelings We almost didn't even group outside of hell or a few other bits of PVE. I do agree with some of the imms that banned me more than a decade ago, it is unfair to be pked by a same site duo or trio.

I think it's just too far on PVE.

The biggest killer seems to be the inconsistency depending on which imm comes back or is online at certain times. I am sure there are several imms that don't have a problem with some PVE permas, especially when each person is playing solo at other times as well.

LhydiaTue 13-Jun-17 05:52 AM
2390 posts
#131331, "" I am sure there are several imms that don't have a pr..."
In response to Reply #53

Should read:

"I am sure there are several imms that don't have the tools to prove some PVE permas"

KstatidaTue 13-Jun-17 07:34 AM
2214 posts
#131332, "Well if you don't have the proof"
In response to Reply #56

GTFO.

LhydiaTue 13-Jun-17 08:19 AM
2390 posts
#131333, "What I'm saying..."
In response to Reply #57

Is people are complaining about Destuvius for being cador and blah blah blah he is oppressing us yadda yadda but he is probably one of the few current imms with access to verify cheat things. So it might not be Destuvius has a perverse pleasure of denying people, he just might be the only one with both interest in and access to such things that is active.

KstatidaTue 13-Jun-17 09:34 AM
2214 posts
#131334, "It wasn't Destuvius who "
In response to Reply #58

ruined the current imperial PvE effort. FFS, the guys were doing content that was never ever touched in CF history.

First you remove exploration edges, then you go and molest people who still explore despite your efforts. I just don't get why a man would do that.

JhyrbianTue 13-Jun-17 10:33 AM
917 posts
#131335, "RE: It wasn't Destuvius who "
In response to Reply #59

I want to clear the air about this, the only one who affected our efforts was Kotu. I don't blame( and no one else should either) Umiron or Destuvius because Bemused gets his panties in a twist as soon as someone mentions their name.

No one did or said anything to us, there's no conspiracy here. Kotu deleted, my character wouldn't have even existed in the first place if he didn't ask me to make it so I deleted too. The end.

KstatidaTue 13-Jun-17 10:44 AM
2214 posts
#131336, "It's me who blames, not you :)"
In response to Reply #60

NT

k-bMon 12-Jun-17 12:38 PM
344 posts
#131280, "I won't press the matter."
In response to Reply #11

I will say that CF has always been self-absorbed and whiney. I wasn't saying that it isn't that, just that it's always been that, but now there's generally better sportsmanship and RP has generally gone up across the board. So it is the 'best' it's ever been. It just was never very good to begin with.

On to perma. Why why why won't you perma people just make neutral neutral characters with no cabal affiliation to explore? The real problem comes when you bring a cabal dynamic into the situation. Without that, I honestly wouldn't care that four or five of you go exploring around CF. But when you join a cabal, especially a high PK cabal like Empire, you are thrust into a war that people really care about. You also allow dog-#### characters like Glik to take advantage of support characters like yourself to their nefarious and petty ends.

I would honestly like immortal comment on this. Would you IMMs care about neutral neutral uncaballed explore permas? I'm not the explore type, so I'm not asking for myself. But maybe this would give the perma'ing type something to think about... You know. Compromise, and all that jazz.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 12:46 PM
917 posts
#131281, "RE: I won't press the matter."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Mon 12-Jun-17 12:47 PM

Imperial powers are hands down the best in the game for exploration, we could not have done what we did in any other cabal or as uncaballed.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 05:35 PM
2670 posts
#131304, "Damn Jhyrb, first healer ever?"
In response to Reply #15

Or first since like 2001?

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 05:43 PM
917 posts
#131307, "RE: Damn Jhyrb, first healer ever?"
In response to Reply #35

first ever

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 06:55 PM
2670 posts
#131317, "Why you're a boss. Imperial Healer = Best Healer thoug..."
In response to Reply #38

NT

Shalic (Anonymous)Tue 13-Jun-17 01:28 AM
Charter member
#131325, "RE: Why you're a boss. Imperial Healer = Best Healer t..."
In response to Reply #47

Well I will add, it was a complete pleasure to group with you Jhy.
It was like it was 1999 again only this time you were playing off-peak instead of us.

Hell trip is off to a good start when you got Jhy in the group.

It is a shame we didn't get to do anything outside of hell, my playing time never matched yours.

KstatidaMon 12-Jun-17 12:46 PM
2214 posts
#131282, "This has to be said"
In response to Reply #14

I'm sorry Glik pked you in a pk mud

k-bMon 12-Jun-17 01:24 PM
344 posts
#131287, "Glik has never killed any of the three characters I've ..."
In response to Reply #16

Not as Merietta. Not as Svelgurd. Not as my current.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 02:20 PM
917 posts
#131288, "RE: Glik has never killed any of the three characters I..."
In response to Reply #19

I want to go out on a limb and say you're the guy who looked at me while I was raiding the Maran then worded and logged out.

AIM logs travel fast.

k-bMon 12-Jun-17 03:06 PM
344 posts
#131291, "Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #20

You did, however, sit in your guild while myself and one other took your item even though you could have called in Tribunal help.

You then proceeded to sit in your guild until we logged off. So there's that.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 03:40 PM
917 posts
#131293, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #23

If they wanted healers to defend they'd let us heal the guardians. They don't though, bad game design.

IsildurMon 12-Jun-17 03:47 PM
5969 posts
#131294, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #24

Huh? Imperial healers can't heal/sanc the Vanquisher and/or inners?

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 03:49 PM
917 posts
#131295, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #25
Edited on Mon 12-Jun-17 03:53 PM

No, healers can't heal any NPC.

LhydiaMon 12-Jun-17 04:07 PM
2390 posts
#131296, "Thanks again Umiron. n/t"
In response to Reply #26

gr

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 04:09 PM
917 posts
#131297, "RE: Thanks again Umiron. n/t"
In response to Reply #27

I don't care about the change one way or the other, just don't be upset when I don't bother defending when I'm alone.

LhydiaMon 12-Jun-17 04:11 PM
2390 posts
#131298, "I thought it made 0 sense. "
In response to Reply #28

Still doesn't. I get the whole suspension of disbelief thing at times, but like...you are basically saying it is okay to act like mobs are not real in the fantasy sense and to treat them like trash as a healer, yet killing or even stealing from a neutral NPC as a goodie is punishable...but your healer isn't allowed to save their life because they aren't real.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 04:16 PM
917 posts
#131299, "RE: I thought it made 0 sense. "
In response to Reply #29

Yeah, whoever made the change probably spent a night trying to retrieve through a healer and gave up. It reeks of a kneejerk change without a lot of thought put into it - same with healers losing fly, the fact that all fly sources can be dispelled by mages now is a huge game changing mechanic. Yanni + Thaedan combo can literally kill anyone that ever comes to fight them, no problem.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 05:38 PM
2670 posts
#131305, "One thing..."
In response to Reply #30

>whoever made the change probably spent a night trying to retrieve through a healer and gave up<

This IS the reason they made the change. I think it was at the same time they made the change about Imperial lands gaining another way in/out.

The reason they stated (and something I kinda agree with) was that a Hero Healer could literally stop 3-5 mid-range chars from retrieving INDEFINITELY.

And thus, they were looking at ways to make retrieving against a hero healer as a mid/lowbie something that could actually happen.

I mean, ####, my pre-Hero healer could stop Hero raids with some well-timed sancs/heals so yeah.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 06:49 PM
2670 posts
#131313, "Late "Edit""
In response to Reply #36

The logic behind it was that it wasn't fun for anyone involved, not the Healer spending 2 hrs sitting around just healing Outers/Inners nor the attempting retrievers.

N b MMon 12-Jun-17 08:50 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#131322, "HEALERS"
In response to Reply #36

If you want to make healers applicable in pk but not overpowered.

Give them the ability to sanc everyone and everything in and out of combat

The ability to heal all player characters in and out of combat

The ability to heal NPCs ONLY out of combat

There, fixed

LhydiaMon 12-Jun-17 05:50 PM
2390 posts
#131309, "Is Yanni a made up name here?"
In response to Reply #30

Wasn't Yanni that weird soft rock piano guy?

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 06:05 PM
917 posts
#131311, "RE: Is Yanni a made up name here?"
In response to Reply #40

Yeah....

KstatidaTue 13-Jun-17 03:58 AM
2214 posts
#131327, "I bet it was Umiron"
In response to Reply #29

who failed to reraid against Zhabala on one bad day.

IsildurMon 12-Jun-17 04:53 PM
5969 posts
#131301, "RE: Thanks again Umiron. n/t"
In response to Reply #28

Didn't you have gear that instakills though? With that, you could have just showed up, attacked someone, them spammed he's on yourself while waiting for it to prog.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 05:04 PM
917 posts
#131302, "RE: Thanks again Umiron. n/t"
In response to Reply #32

Ah, so you advocate that I run around insta killing people? Only 1 person didn't instantly rage delete when that happened to them. I purposely avoided PKs so people *wouldn't* rage delete.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 05:40 PM
2670 posts
#131306, "Another thing..."
In response to Reply #33

While I agree having people refuse to fight you/etc sucks...from what I was told you had an absurd hell set.

Of which included a shield that destroys weapons.

An insta-kill item.

etc

So it's somewhat not surprising some players would be reticent to fight you. I stopped fighting Venara until Amora was able to loot that ####ing #### ass ring when Venara died at Empire.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 05:56 PM
917 posts
#131310, "RE: Another thing..."
In response to Reply #37

It was an ok set.

I understand why people wouldn't want to fight me, all those reasons being paper thin in the context of a ROLEPLAYING game. Players are too worried about their PK counter and equipment.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 06:47 PM
2670 posts
#131312, "For me it's not necessarily loosing a set/PK loss..."
In response to Reply #41
Edited on Mon 12-Jun-17 06:48 PM

...it's the risk/reward counter being too heavily stacked in one side.

And I'm a guy who lives for 10/90 fights, to be honest.

Fighting a character like Venara or an Imperial High Priest Healer who can basically counter a lot of tactics with sheer healing/protective ability is a lot different than fighting a conservative deadly character like Glik.

That being said, if I had been in range I would have tried you I always enjoy saccing Hell/Silent gear

Edited to add: Just because you won't ever have another hero doesn't mean you can't join my "perma" in the mid-ranges (since my character is ranking SLOW AS #### lol).

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 07:05 PM
917 posts
#131318, "RE: For me it's not necessarily loosing a set/PK loss....."
In response to Reply #43

Ya, you would have tried and failed then most likely whined about how much better my EQ was than the obvious things people saw, like insta kill and acid storm. That was just the tip of the iceberg.

TMNSMon 12-Jun-17 07:39 PM
2670 posts
#131319, "Nah, I would have died to you 5-7 times..."
In response to Reply #48

...posted logs where I whined about how OP you were, which would lead to you letting your guard down...and then I would kill you...die to you with all your hell gear in my inventory 10 minutes later, and delete in shame.

Just being honest.

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 08:18 PM
917 posts
#131321, "RE: Nah, I would have died to you 5-7 times..."
In response to Reply #49

Nah bro, I wouldn't let you die that often to me, that's just embarrassing.

IsildurMon 12-Jun-17 04:51 PM
5969 posts
#131300, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #26

Hah. Nuts. Is that just evil healers?

JhyrbianMon 12-Jun-17 05:05 PM
917 posts
#131303, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #31

Nope, can't heal any NPC that you are not grouped with.

Retriever (Anonymous)Tue 13-Jun-17 03:40 PM
Charter member
#131341, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #26

>No, healers can't heal any NPC.

That's not true, as you yourself know. You stood and healed the vanquisher for hours while I tried to retrieve, and I saw you do it with others. You used mass heal. If the purpose was to keep healers from preventing out of range people from retrieving, they should fix this oversight, because that's just what you did. A lot.

JhyrbianTue 13-Jun-17 03:48 PM
917 posts
#131342, "RE: Nope. You and I were never in the same room."
In response to Reply #62

Which isn't feasible while fighting a PK, mass heal is a #### supplication for healing. Only effective vs level 20s or lower. I did that two or three times in my life. Is that "a lot" ?

KstatidaWed 14-Jun-17 01:48 AM
2214 posts
#131351, "Obviously not intended."
In response to Reply #62

Report it, Umiron will fix it in no time

KstatidaMon 12-Jun-17 12:49 PM
2214 posts
#131284, "For example"
In response to Reply #14

Because imperial defense on a bard makes for one of the best PvE tanks in game.

IshuliWed 14-Jun-17 08:42 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#131360, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Undemelm Erusu the Affirmation o..."
In response to Reply #1

It wasn't so bad. I still think we had some fun. Thumbs up to you for asking the right parties whether your topics were appropriate.

Otherwise I was still mindblown over certain achievements of yours that I really didn't think were going to happen. So that was actually really cool - who would think to bring THAT many shields?

Thanks for the fun, wish you had stuck it out, I was planning for a nifty reward pretty soon. Who wouldn't want an 'aspect of the devil' when you're diving into them so often?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131244 Previous topic | Next topic