Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Kelfaren the Legend of the Battlefiel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130866
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 25-Apr-17 09:40 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130866, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Kelfaren the Legend of the Battlefield"

Tue Apr 18 23:39:36 2017

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kelfaren perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:56

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Elf STSF Greeting Sword is a stupid build..., Tac, 26-Apr-17 06:46 PM, #1
     Reply STSF's counter is so obvious!, xrus, 30-Apr-17 07:19 AM, #2
          Reply Or your could..., Saagkri, 30-Apr-17 07:53 AM, #3
               Reply Or realize he's an elf with no preps.., Lhydia, 30-Apr-17 08:02 AM, #4
                    Reply To be honest, xrus, 30-Apr-17 08:27 AM, #5
                         Reply I'm with you. , Lhydia, 30-Apr-17 08:40 AM, #6
                              Reply I'v not had issues with STSF, BUT..., Saagkri, 30-Apr-17 09:14 AM, #7
                              Reply Force Duel, Lhydia, 30-Apr-17 09:17 AM, #8
                              Reply Um...that's what Rhyaldrin did. , TMNS, 30-Apr-17 01:20 PM, #9

TacWed 26-Apr-17 06:46 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130888, "Elf STSF Greeting Sword is a stupid build..."
In response to Reply #0

And while I wasn't overly successful, my gear was mostly crap and I didn't prep for crap or have Maran powers... Even without I beat some people I basically had no reason to defeat with tactics that were... at beast... sub-par.

Please do something about STSF.

xrusSun 30-Apr-17 07:19 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130890, "STSF's counter is so obvious!"
In response to Reply #1

Just run from them or die to them. I always do so

SaagkriSun 30-Apr-17 07:53 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#130891, "Or your could..."
In response to Reply #2

Wait for them to die ranking or exploring and proudly stand over their corpse.

LhydiaSun 30-Apr-17 07:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#130892, "Or realize he's an elf with no preps.."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sun 30-Apr-17 08:02 AM

..and do anything with burst damage to kill him in a round.

At least people have mostly shut up about throw.

OMG THE PLAYER THAT WAS THROWING EVERYONE TO DEATH HAS MOVED ON TO SOMETHING ELSE I GUESS IT ISNT BAD BECAUSE MY ASSASSIN DIED 10 TIMES IN A ROW AND I DELETED LET ME SEE ABOUT THIS STSF NOW. OH WAIT I COULDNT EVEN PK TO GET GEAR AND I ONLY PLAYED ENOUGH TO HERO AND GET STSF AND WIN 2 PK's AGAINST A RUSSIAN NEWBIE BUT NOW I AM EXPERT ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THIS STSF IS JUST WAY OP AND HAS NO COUNTERS AND MUST BE STOPPED. CIRCLE THE WAGONS FIERNDS.

xrusSun 30-Apr-17 08:27 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130893, "To be honest"
In response to Reply #4

I am against none of the OP stuff others talk about, even DB. I like them all and I am a fan of CF, probably for them, even if I am on the receiving side most of the times.

LhydiaSun 30-Apr-17 08:40 AM
2390 posts
#130895, "I'm with you. "
In response to Reply #5

There is no build that is OP against every other build on its own. The only time its an issue is when someone who is active and skilled consistently plays CF and the build in question, whatever it is, begins to shine because of environmental circumstances. People that play OP builds do so because they like to win. If someone truly hates a skill set bad enough the most efficient way of getting rid of it is roll up the class that trumps whatever build in question is dominating and kill them a few times. They will move on to something else they can win with instead. But yes, if you constantly bitch and moan about something in a competitive game do not be surprised when everyone else who wants to win rolls this combination. They aren't doing it because the build is unstoppable, they are doing it because everyone says it is. Usually these people delete pretty quickly after they should have hit their stride and haven't yet.

SaagkriSun 30-Apr-17 09:14 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#130896, "I'v not had issues with STSF, BUT..."
In response to Reply #6

Some of that probably comes from the classes I've been playing. But, let's not pretend that CF is some kind of symbiotic masterpiece that is incapable of having a class/skill/spell/edge that is too much of an advantage for those who have it.

It happens, it has happened. I heard the same "stop whining and find the rock to the scissors" argument when air shifters were new, had no lag, ***DEVASTATED*** you every time they swung, and could dodge like fleas.

Then, after a good while, it was discovered that they were overpowered and they were nerfed.

I can see if you countered some of the complaints with specific examples or tactics, but a lot of what I hear to counter the "overpowered" claims are proclamations of faith that nothing is overpowered, you're just CFing wrong.

Hell, remember 'forced dual'??

LhydiaSun 30-Apr-17 09:17 AM
2390 posts
#130897, "Force Duel"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah that was crazy. But said person could still be ganged down if you were motivated enough to set it up.

TMNSSun 30-Apr-17 01:20 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#130898, "Um...that's what Rhyaldrin did. "
In response to Reply #6

It's always funny to me that you complain about people complaining

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130866 Previous topic | Next topic