Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Ada the Warrior of the Shield, Anathema t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130850
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 18-Apr-17 08:40 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130850, "(AUTO) [None] Ada the Warrior of the Shield, Anathema to the Empire"

Fri Apr 14 15:24:32 2017

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ada perished, never to return.

Race:frost
Class:warrior
Level:34
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:85

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HumbertWed 19-Apr-17 06:01 AM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130862, "I liked giant polearm spec"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 19-Apr-17 06:13 AM

I was on holiday for 3 weeks and then returned to a lot of work, so I lost the time to play.

I didn't get to interact too much with many people given sparse playtimes.

Ada was a Deormdel follower just as Deormdel pretty much disappeared, which was unfortunate.

I picked polearm because (a) I have not tried it before, and (b) I wanted to prove funnyone wrong. "funnyone" is the qhcf handle of a CF player with poor self-awareness and judgement, who declared giant polearm specs worthless.

I didn't focus much on hunting down PKs, and ended up with a 14-0 PK record (my estimate), most of it solo. I did spend a lot of time just grinding skill %s on frost giant int. I thought that was really good by my standards, and showed the strength of the giant polearm build.

Giant polearm spec is excellent in the midranks, and I estimate that it would remain good (with slight drop-off in power) in hero ranks as a defensive spec with great bleeding.

I was planning to pick mace and Cry/Gates for hero levels. I think the final build at hero would've been deadly in Empire gangs, and very solid solo as well.

(1) The distance-based tanking is incredibly good, I felt significantly tankier than a low-hp high-dex sword spec (e.g. arial).

(2) Slice causes huge bleeding (even more with the edge), I think the bleeding got me like 4 or 5 of my kills or something ridiculous like that.

(3) Cutoff is very reliable in one-exit rooms particularly.

(4) Chop deals double the damage of a melee hit, and was surprisingly good as a finisher with cutoff and parting blow.

I didn't have Imperial heroes give me any hero-grade polearms, unfortunately, so I made most of my kills with the unlimited imperial polearm, the poison jade polearm, and twice with the flaming bardiche I think. I think it would have been even more OP if I had some nice hero loot to go along with the build.

Edit to add: Ada won a role contest run by Jormyr, but I didn't end up getting any reward. I'm a bit curious what the planned reward would've been: I expect it would've just been a minor edge or something, but it's always nice to have a little "special snowflake" feature for your character.

Zugnu (Anonymous)Wed 19-Apr-17 10:08 PM
Charter member
#130863, "Very disappointed!"
In response to Reply #1

I was just about starting to get a hang of how I wanted to fight you, and you gotta go and disappear like that! Boooooo.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130850 Previous topic | Next topic