Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130697
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-Mar-17 07:08 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130697, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo"

Tue Mar 14 13:34:00 2017

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Tsigu perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:assassin
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:106

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo, Fithgrummr (Anonymous), 23-Mar-17 12:36 PM, #2
Reply 'shimmering blue' = teleport, 'bubbling blue' = enlarge, ice king, 23-Mar-17 06:38 PM, #3
Reply Every enlarge prep I know contains giant strength as we..., Kstatida, 24-Mar-17 03:35 AM, #5
Reply There's one without, in Ayr'trinil. (n/t), Murphy, 24-Mar-17 05:44 AM, #6
Reply RE: There's one without, in Ayr'trinil. (n/t), Kstatida, 24-Mar-17 07:22 AM, #7
Reply Both yellow roots don't. Many of the sold ones don't. ..., ice king, 24-Mar-17 10:49 AM, #10
Reply RE: 'shimmering blue' = teleport, 'bubbling blue' = enl..., Fithgrummr (Anonymous), 24-Mar-17 10:27 AM, #9
Reply A hint for you, Kstatida, 24-Mar-17 03:35 AM, #4
     Reply It's funny., ice king, 24-Mar-17 12:56 PM, #11
Reply I had high hopes for you., Ryh (Anonymous), 23-Mar-17 12:01 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I had high hopes for you., Tronimal, 24-Mar-17 10:05 AM, #8

Fithgrummr (Anonymous)Thu 23-Mar-17 12:36 PM
Charter member
#130717, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see Tsigu go. Had fun travelling together. Thanks for everything you showed me and the talks. You had me seriously considering abandoning the Fort dream. This was actually supposed to be a throw away character for me while I decided what I wanted to play, but Tsigu was a big part of why I started playing Fith regularly.

Sorry about the goof I made when we were going to jump Kotu, I didn't realize what had happened at the time, but I was going to quaff enlarge, but it shared a descriptor with my teleport potion and that happened instead. Live and learn, I hope.

GLWYN

ice kingThu 23-Mar-17 06:38 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130718, "'shimmering blue' = teleport, 'bubbling blue' = enlarge"
In response to Reply #2

I like those potions because it's giant strength + enlarge.

KstatidaFri 24-Mar-17 03:35 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130720, "Every enlarge prep I know contains giant strength as we..."
In response to Reply #3

And that's like three of them?

MurphyFri 24-Mar-17 05:44 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130721, "There's one without, in Ayr'trinil. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #5

NT

KstatidaFri 24-Mar-17 07:22 AM
2214 posts
#130722, "RE: There's one without, in Ayr'trinil. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #6

Too expensive. I'm cheapskate.

ice kingFri 24-Mar-17 10:49 AM
162 posts
#130725, "Both yellow roots don't. Many of the sold ones don't. ..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

Fithgrummr (Anonymous)Fri 24-Mar-17 10:27 AM
Charter member
#130724, "RE: 'shimmering blue' = teleport, 'bubbling blue' = enl..."
In response to Reply #3

I'll have to keep an eye out for those. Mine were both black potions. The enlarge was from arial city, shimmering or glistening I think. Don't remember where I got the teleport, off hand. I'm still pretty new, so my prep knowledge is not very good yet.

KstatidaFri 24-Mar-17 03:35 AM
2214 posts
#130719, "A hint for you"
In response to Reply #2

Always use "quaff 'bubbling blue'" instead of "quaff blue" or "quaff bubbling".

ice kingFri 24-Mar-17 12:56 PM
162 posts
#130726, "It's funny."
In response to Reply #4

I'll say something in a post, and other people respond to the same post saying almost exactly what I say. Every day is apparently National Repeat Day now.

Ryh (Anonymous)Thu 23-Mar-17 12:01 PM
Charter member
#130716, "I had high hopes for you."
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't entirely certainly if you were new(er) or just playing the "wide-eyed babe in the woods" really well.

I was really excited to see an Outlander assassin, I've had a role for it kicking around for a while and was keeping an eye on you to see how the combo worked.

Good luck with the next!

TronimalFri 24-Mar-17 10:05 AM
Member since 03rd Apr 2016
75 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#130723, "RE: I had high hopes for you."
In response to Reply #1

Well, I was warned by several people than an outlander assassin was neither newbie friendly (for first outlander) nor easily playable. I didn't let that discourage me when I rolled up, and spent hours and hours perfecting skills... I also, didn't really know what I was getting into. Outlander as a cabal has a pretty steep learning curve in and of itself.. the concept sounded really fun to me, but in reality it's an incredibly difficult combo to pull off. Losing hide, and the ability to move while in chameleon makes choosing the point of engagement near impossible, and forget about stalking to charge up martial trance for cutoff effect... In the end, I found I was just a really weak assassin. Initially I had planned to build around the kick edges - overt malice, and keri waza. But I realized quickly that you still can't beat nage waza and throw. Assassins haven't ever really been a class that I have shined with, and in the end, it just felt like work.... no enemies around and found myself just sitting in chamo waiting for hours for someone worth fighting to walk by. The only merit I will give the combo is, as Frosty had pointed out. If you can make the fight happen in the wilds, beast call and throw have some really good synergy. But thats about it Thanks for the induct, and I really was the wide eyed babe, when it came to outlandery stuff.

To Fithgrummr - you were awesome... when we first met I sort of got the impression your character was experimental... glad you stuck with it. I had a great time trying to convince you to give up coin and move to the wilds! Panitorop despite abusing a broken edge - proved a giant with overhead and chamo can be pretty nasty. Food for thought on your next!

-Tsigu

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130697 Previous topic | Next topic