Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=130697
130697, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 14 13:34:00 2017

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Tsigu perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:assassin
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:106
130717, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Tsigu the Menkyo
Posted by Fithgrummr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see Tsigu go. Had fun travelling together. Thanks for everything you showed me and the talks. You had me seriously considering abandoning the Fort dream. This was actually supposed to be a throw away character for me while I decided what I wanted to play, but Tsigu was a big part of why I started playing Fith regularly.

Sorry about the goof I made when we were going to jump Kotu, I didn't realize what had happened at the time, but I was going to quaff enlarge, but it shared a descriptor with my teleport potion and that happened instead. Live and learn, I hope.

GLWYN
130718, 'shimmering blue' = teleport, 'bubbling blue' = enlarge
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like those potions because it's giant strength + enlarge.
130720, Every enlarge prep I know contains giant strength as well
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And that's like three of them?
130721, There's one without, in Ayr'trinil. (n/t)
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
130722, RE: There's one without, in Ayr'trinil. (n/t)
Too expensive. I'm cheapskate.
130725, Both yellow roots don't. Many of the sold ones don't. nt
nt
130724, RE: 'shimmering blue' = teleport, 'bubbling blue' = enlarge
Posted by Fithgrummr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll have to keep an eye out for those. Mine were both black potions. The enlarge was from arial city, shimmering or glistening I think. Don't remember where I got the teleport, off hand. I'm still pretty new, so my prep knowledge is not very good yet.
130719, A hint for you
Always use "quaff 'bubbling blue'" instead of "quaff blue" or "quaff bubbling".
130726, It's funny.
I'll say something in a post, and other people respond to the same post saying almost exactly what I say. Every day is apparently National Repeat Day now.
130716, I had high hopes for you.
Posted by Ryh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wasn't entirely certainly if you were new(er) or just playing the "wide-eyed babe in the woods" really well.

I was really excited to see an Outlander assassin, I've had a role for it kicking around for a while and was keeping an eye on you to see how the combo worked.

Good luck with the next!
130723, RE: I had high hopes for you.
Posted by Tronimal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I was warned by several people than an outlander assassin was neither newbie friendly (for first outlander) nor easily playable. I didn't let that discourage me when I rolled up, and spent hours and hours perfecting skills... I also, didn't really know what I was getting into. Outlander as a cabal has a pretty steep learning curve in and of itself.. the concept sounded really fun to me, but in reality it's an incredibly difficult combo to pull off. Losing hide, and the ability to move while in chameleon makes choosing the point of engagement near impossible, and forget about stalking to charge up martial trance for cutoff effect... In the end, I found I was just a really weak assassin. Initially I had planned to build around the kick edges - overt malice, and keri waza. But I realized quickly that you still can't beat nage waza and throw. Assassins haven't ever really been a class that I have shined with, and in the end, it just felt like work.... no enemies around and found myself just sitting in chamo waiting for hours for someone worth fighting to walk by. The only merit I will give the combo is, as Frosty had pointed out. If you can make the fight happen in the wilds, beast call and throw have some really good synergy. But thats about it :) Thanks for the induct, and I really was the wide eyed babe, when it came to outlandery stuff.

To Fithgrummr - you were awesome... when we first met I sort of got the impression your character was experimental... glad you stuck with it. I had a great time trying to convince you to give up coin and move to the wilds! Panitorop despite abusing a broken edge - proved a giant with overhead and chamo can be pretty nasty. Food for thought on your next!

-Tsigu