Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Shapes..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130232
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 06-Feb-17 07:04 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130232, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Provincial Magistrate"

Mon Feb 6 18:00:36 2017

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Arundel perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Sh..., Orsil (Anonymous), 06-Feb-17 08:48 PM, #1
     Reply Liked hanging with you.., Tac, 06-Feb-17 09:14 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Liked hanging with you.., Isildur, 06-Feb-17 11:54 PM, #3
               Reply That was sort of the plan...., Tac, 07-Feb-17 08:08 AM, #4
                    Reply RE: That was sort of the plan...., Orsil (Anonymous), 07-Feb-17 08:29 AM, #5
                    Reply RE: That was sort of the plan...., Isildur, 07-Feb-17 08:39 AM, #6
                         Reply RE: That was sort of the plan...., Tac, 07-Feb-17 10:48 AM, #7
                         Reply RE: That was sort of the plan...., Isildur, 07-Feb-17 08:40 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: That was sort of the plan...., incognito, 09-Feb-17 02:16 AM, #9

Orsil (Anonymous)Mon 06-Feb-17 08:48 PM
Charter member
#130233, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Sh..."
In response to Reply #0

The ONLY other not evil magistrate.... sadly gone now. Sorry to see you go. GLWYN

TacMon 06-Feb-17 09:14 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130234, "Liked hanging with you.."
In response to Reply #1

But I'm not sure why I convince myself Tribunal is playable (for me) every few years or so, but it isn't.

IsildurMon 06-Feb-17 11:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#130235, "RE: Liked hanging with you.."
In response to Reply #2

Maybe need to get vindicator? Would free you from having to be on duty and let you do more hunting.

TacTue 07-Feb-17 08:08 AM
2050 posts
#130236, "That was sort of the plan...."
In response to Reply #3

But being Imm appointed only makes that somewhat difficult to "plan" on.

I'll ignore the other factors for now except to say I stand by what I told Orsil IC.

Orsil (Anonymous)Tue 07-Feb-17 08:29 AM
Charter member
#130237, "RE: That was sort of the plan...."
In response to Reply #4

What you said IC was received Loud and Clear. Can't promise what will happen coming out of that conversation but who knows. Thanks for the feedback and sorry it didn't would out for you.

IsildurTue 07-Feb-17 08:39 AM
5969 posts
#130238, "RE: That was sort of the plan...."
In response to Reply #4

Granted it's not a given. But given the state of things, seems like if you're an above-average PK'er, role-play, log a reasonable amount of hours, and don't act like a douche, that eventually you'll get it.

TacTue 07-Feb-17 10:48 AM
2050 posts
#130239, "RE: That was sort of the plan...."
In response to Reply #6

> and don't act like a douche

This part is fairly amusing.

Also, I was definitely below average on PK with this character. Owl + Dire Wolf felt like it should be really good even without any real cabal powers for hunting down warranted folks, but the reality was that while I could find people, the kind of folks that get (and stay) warranted were the sort that don't really die to dire wolf (even with ABSS) and many times I'd get just straight murdered by deathblow or whatever.

With bloody shackles I think that'd be totally different, but it is hard to say for certain. I think I'd want something scarier than dire wolf though.

IsildurTue 07-Feb-17 08:40 PM
5969 posts
#130241, "RE: That was sort of the plan...."
In response to Reply #7

Didn't mean to suggest that you were a douche. Or that Arundel was a douche. Just meant that being a douche tends to lead to a character not being rewarded.

If a given character can check these four boxes then good things tend to happen, regardless of cabal:

1. Can role-play. By this I don't mean awkwardly boring people with your super-involved backstory. I mean stuff like, "Not killing the guy with the shiny gear you want because it would be against your character's role to do so."

2. Can PK. You don't have to be a PK god; just competent. In lieu of competence, trying really hard and having a good attitude about dying can be a valid substitute.

3. Not a douche. Don't punitively loot people. Don't multi-kill. Don't only fight when you're part of a gang. Don't freak out when someone loots stuff from you. Etc.

4. Play regularly.

incognitoThu 09-Feb-17 02:16 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130244, "RE: That was sort of the plan...."
In response to Reply #6

Nah. I reckon I've got trib down pretty well and I've never had it despite multiple tribs, some of whom were well regarded by imms.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130232 Previous topic | Next topic