Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=130232
130232, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Feb 6 18:00:36 2017

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Arundel perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:77
130233, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Arundel the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Orsil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The ONLY other not evil magistrate.... sadly gone now. Sorry to see you go. GLWYN
130234, Liked hanging with you..
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I'm not sure why I convince myself Tribunal is playable (for me) every few years or so, but it isn't.
130235, RE: Liked hanging with you..
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe need to get vindicator? Would free you from having to be on duty and let you do more hunting.
130236, That was sort of the plan....
But being Imm appointed only makes that somewhat difficult to "plan" on.

I'll ignore the other factors for now except to say I stand by what I told Orsil IC.
130237, RE: That was sort of the plan....
Posted by Orsil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What you said IC was received Loud and Clear. Can't promise what will happen coming out of that conversation but who knows. Thanks for the feedback and sorry it didn't would out for you.
130238, RE: That was sort of the plan....
Granted it's not a given. But given the state of things, seems like if you're an above-average PK'er, role-play, log a reasonable amount of hours, and don't act like a douche, that eventually you'll get it.
130239, RE: That was sort of the plan....
> and don't act like a douche

This part is fairly amusing.

Also, I was definitely below average on PK with this character. Owl + Dire Wolf felt like it should be really good even without any real cabal powers for hunting down warranted folks, but the reality was that while I could find people, the kind of folks that get (and stay) warranted were the sort that don't really die to dire wolf (even with ABSS) and many times I'd get just straight murdered by deathblow or whatever.

With bloody shackles I think that'd be totally different, but it is hard to say for certain. I think I'd want something scarier than dire wolf though.
130241, RE: That was sort of the plan....
Didn't mean to suggest that you were a douche. Or that Arundel was a douche. Just meant that being a douche tends to lead to a character not being rewarded.

If a given character can check these four boxes then good things tend to happen, regardless of cabal:

1. Can role-play. By this I don't mean awkwardly boring people with your super-involved backstory. I mean stuff like, "Not killing the guy with the shiny gear you want because it would be against your character's role to do so."

2. Can PK. You don't have to be a PK god; just competent. In lieu of competence, trying really hard and having a good attitude about dying can be a valid substitute.

3. Not a douche. Don't punitively loot people. Don't multi-kill. Don't only fight when you're part of a gang. Don't freak out when someone loots stuff from you. Etc.

4. Play regularly.
130244, RE: That was sort of the plan....
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nah. I reckon I've got trib down pretty well and I've never had it despite multiple tribs, some of whom were well regarded by imms.