Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129702
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 22-Nov-16 06:48 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129702, "(DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith"

Tue Nov 22 17:45:04 2016

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Manse perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:30
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:25

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith, Andrlos, 22-Nov-16 11:34 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith, tanoomi71, 23-Nov-16 01:46 PM, #2
     Reply Well I see you haven't changed., ice king, 23-Nov-16 05:12 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well I see you haven't changed., Andrlos, 24-Nov-16 04:21 PM, #4
          Reply At least you're honest., ice king, 25-Nov-16 05:12 PM, #5
          Reply No he is a ass, Mamed, 27-Nov-16 02:40 AM, #6
               Reply RE: No he is a ass, Andrlos, 27-Nov-16 05:43 PM, #12
                    Reply RE: No he is a ass, ice king, 27-Nov-16 07:55 PM, #13
          Reply I feel it is worth mentioning, incognito, 27-Nov-16 03:03 AM, #7
     Reply Different names tick off different people., Murphy, 27-Nov-16 03:30 AM, #8
     Reply Who the hell cares? You, apparently., Aereglen, 27-Nov-16 01:21 PM, #9
     Reply Not really., Murphy, 27-Nov-16 04:12 PM, #10
          Reply That is good to hear., Aereglen, 27-Nov-16 04:28 PM, #11
               Reply You threw a fit about Aerglen :P, Murphy, 30-Nov-16 10:03 AM, #16
                    Reply I said nice name, how did you come up with it., Aereglen, 30-Nov-16 01:34 PM, #17
                         Reply A tiny sarcasmy fit., Murphy, 30-Nov-16 01:42 PM, #18
     Reply Cabdru was a perfect example of a powergaming name., Quixotic, 30-Nov-16 10:08 PM, #22
     Reply In his defense..., Saagkri, 28-Nov-16 02:35 PM, #14
     Reply Sorry Imma let you finish, jalbrin, 30-Nov-16 04:46 AM, #15
          Reply Maybe, but..., Twist, 30-Nov-16 03:42 PM, #19
               Reply Paging Astiklar, hello...? Nt, Dallevian, 30-Nov-16 06:47 PM, #20
                    Reply My favorite was Mike Donald, personally. So glad I gan..., TMNS, 30-Nov-16 09:25 PM, #21
                         Reply So long ago, laxman, 30-Nov-16 10:19 PM, #23

AndrlosTue 22-Nov-16 11:34 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2004
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129704, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith"
In response to Reply #0

Did this somehow pass you by: Is this name found in any dictionary or a common slang term?

How you made it to 30 with that name intact is beyond me.

tanoomi71Wed 23-Nov-16 01:46 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2015
156 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129710, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith"
In response to Reply #1

Ugh, I was looking forward to killing you again.

ice kingWed 23-Nov-16 05:12 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129713, "Well I see you haven't changed."
In response to Reply #1

Don't you think it's possible someone could be unfamiliar with a word and thus think it is NOT in a dictionary? Or are you just an ass to everyone? I hope you're playing again. It would be nice to kill you.

AndrlosThu 24-Nov-16 04:21 PM
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129722, "RE: Well I see you haven't changed."
In response to Reply #3

Is this name an original name as far as you know?

Is this name a combination of two other names (e.g. Maryjane)?

Is this name found in any dictionary or a common slang term?

Notice how the first includes "as far as you know," while the second and third do not? It isn't asking if you "think" it isn't in the dictionary, it is if it "is." It really isn't that hard to quickly google a name before using it. I'd also be much quicker to think the best if not for the likely Game of Thrones influence on it.

I tend to be an ass to most everyone. As for killing me, feel free. I doubt you'll feel particularly accomplished after, I've always been terrible at PK.

ice kingFri 25-Nov-16 05:12 PM
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129731, "At least you're honest."
In response to Reply #4

"I tend to be an ass to most everyone." And you always were.

MamedSun 27-Nov-16 02:40 AM
Member since 09th Dec 2003
132 posts
#129736, "No he is a ass"
In response to Reply #5

Your first hypothysis is correct. You sir, spend way to much time reading the dictionary and watching game of thrones. The end.

Jeremiah

AndrlosSun 27-Nov-16 05:43 PM
54 posts
#129743, "RE: No he is a ass"
In response to Reply #6

1) Someone who plays a text-based roleplaying game takes exception to possessing a vocabulary? I'm genuinely confused by this combination. This is a game where characters are granted titles including the words "Refulgent" and "Calamus." Part of my comment was directed at the imms who didn't notice "Manse."

2) I stopped watching GoT before Mance appeared -- I have a terrifying memory for certain details.

ice king - I have no idea who you are or were, or what I did to piss you off. But I haven't been near this game for a decade, so the fact whatever I did has stuck with you for this long either means I was a monumental ass or you have a knack for bearing a grudge. Given the context I'd lean towards the latter, but could be convinced of the former.

ice kingSun 27-Nov-16 07:55 PM
162 posts
#129744, "RE: No he is a ass"
In response to Reply #12

You already admitted to being an ass, and I already sort of confirmed that was the case. I don't get why you would bring it up again. Maybe just to be an ass, maybe you really are curious. Given the context I'd lean towards the former. I'm still really glad that you're back.

incognitoSun 27-Nov-16 03:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129737, "I feel it is worth mentioning"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sun 27-Nov-16 03:03 AM

That "manse" is almost certainly in the dictionary. So perhaps your argument falls over at this point. A manse is a large house but less formal than a mansion, or something like that.

Edited to add: ok, turns out it is a clergy house or just informal for large house.

MurphySun 27-Nov-16 03:30 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129738, "Different names tick off different people."
In response to Reply #1

I hate names that show a lack of creativity, like naming your felar Murzik (common pet cat name in Russia). Or a storm giant Nautithan ("nautical" + "titan", lol). Or an elf named Elv.

Also, names that are some variety or outer- or caba-, vanq-, etc.

But if they technically break the rules but don't break immersion, then who the hell cares?

AereglenSun 27-Nov-16 01:21 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129740, "Who the hell cares? You, apparently."
In response to Reply #8

I've seen you throw huge fits over names, like the two you mentioned. It's possible the people making those names were not thinking exactly the same things that you think when seeing the names. You need to stop making such harsh judgements based on assumptions, and especially so when you have a tendency to make wrong assumptions.

MurphySun 27-Nov-16 04:12 PM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129741, "Not really."
In response to Reply #9

I don't care all that much anymore.
I've also had a few names that other people threw fits over.

AereglenSun 27-Nov-16 04:28 PM
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129742, "That is good to hear."
In response to Reply #10

Sometimes a person needs to experience it themselves before really understanding. I had a name once that was almost identical to a name from some fantasy book I never read. I had never heard of the name let alone the book. But to everyone else it was impossible for me to not know about it.

MurphyWed 30-Nov-16 10:03 AM
1639 posts
#129764, "You threw a fit about Aerglen :P"
In response to Reply #11

NT

AereglenWed 30-Nov-16 01:30 PM
476 posts
#129767, "I said nice name, how did you come up with it."
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Wed 30-Nov-16 01:34 PM

You think that is a fit? I start to wonder if jokes about no sarcasm in Russia aren't jokes. Are you be sarcastic here? I am unsure.

I interacted with Manse once and they seemed like a good player. Sorry if Murphy and I hijack your thread. It was not the intention.

MurphyWed 30-Nov-16 01:42 PM
1639 posts
#129768, "A tiny sarcasmy fit."
In response to Reply #17

NT

QuixoticWed 30-Nov-16 10:08 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
#129774, "Cabdru was a perfect example of a powergaming name."
In response to Reply #8

That name never should have passed muster.

SaagkriMon 28-Nov-16 02:33 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#129747, "In his defense..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 28-Nov-16 02:35 PM

I had a storm warrior named Skyrim and was L28 before someone made me change it. I never played the game Skyrim, but must have just heard it somewhere. I thought it original at the time. Oops.

People would tell me in game..." Skyrim, huh?" or "Really"? Or just look at me and snort, but I was clueless until the IMMs pulled me into the ROTD.

jalbrinWed 30-Nov-16 04:46 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#129759, "Sorry Imma let you finish"
In response to Reply #1

But Odo the shape shifter had the worst unpoliced name of all time.

TwistWed 30-Nov-16 03:42 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#129771, "Maybe, but..."
In response to Reply #15

...I'd argue that Kuslatromi is the most embarrassing one that went uncaught.

DallevianWed 30-Nov-16 06:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#129772, "Paging Astiklar, hello...? Nt"
In response to Reply #19

Nt

TMNSWed 30-Nov-16 09:25 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#129773, "My favorite was Mike Donald, personally. So glad I gan..."
In response to Reply #20

#### you Quas that name was ####! Lol.

laxmanWed 30-Nov-16 10:19 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#129776, "So long ago"
In response to Reply #21

I had to get proof of the primary battle imm sharing details of my role OOC with other players to get the imms to preassure him into giving me a chance for induct (bard was immduct only at that time). And then they released adapts creating a slew of orcs that bashed me into rage delete in the 30's. I think some of my crappy work is in the skull hut though.

For anyone who didn't pick it up I intentionally chose a human name that was lame to protest the naming rules and made it super bad by being essentially McDonald's

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129702 Previous topic | Next topic