Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129702
129702, (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 22 17:45:04 2016

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Manse perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:30
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:25
129704, RE: (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith
Posted by Andrlos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did this somehow pass you by: Is this name found in any dictionary or a common slang term?

How you made it to 30 with that name intact is beyond me.
129710, RE: (DELETED) [None] Manse the Adept of Faith
Posted by tanoomi71 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ugh, I was looking forward to killing you again.
129713, Well I see you haven't changed.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't you think it's possible someone could be unfamiliar with a word and thus think it is NOT in a dictionary? Or are you just an ass to everyone? I hope you're playing again. It would be nice to kill you.
129722, RE: Well I see you haven't changed.
Is this name an original name as far as you know?

Is this name a combination of two other names (e.g. Maryjane)?

Is this name found in any dictionary or a common slang term?

Notice how the first includes "as far as you know," while the second and third do not? It isn't asking if you "think" it isn't in the dictionary, it is if it "is." It really isn't that hard to quickly google a name before using it. I'd also be much quicker to think the best if not for the likely Game of Thrones influence on it.

I tend to be an ass to most everyone. As for killing me, feel free. I doubt you'll feel particularly accomplished after, I've always been terrible at PK.
129731, At least you're honest.
"I tend to be an ass to most everyone." And you always were.
129736, No he is a ass
Posted by Mamed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your first hypothysis is correct. You sir, spend way to much time reading the dictionary and watching game of thrones. The end.
129743, RE: No he is a ass
1) Someone who plays a text-based roleplaying game takes exception to possessing a vocabulary? I'm genuinely confused by this combination. This is a game where characters are granted titles including the words "Refulgent" and "Calamus." Part of my comment was directed at the imms who didn't notice "Manse."

2) I stopped watching GoT before Mance appeared -- I have a terrifying memory for certain details.

ice king - I have no idea who you are or were, or what I did to piss you off. But I haven't been near this game for a decade, so the fact whatever I did has stuck with you for this long either means I was a monumental ass or you have a knack for bearing a grudge. Given the context I'd lean towards the latter, but could be convinced of the former.
129744, RE: No he is a ass
You already admitted to being an ass, and I already sort of confirmed that was the case. I don't get why you would bring it up again. Maybe just to be an ass, maybe you really are curious. Given the context I'd lean towards the former. I'm still really glad that you're back.
129737, I feel it is worth mentioning
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That "manse" is almost certainly in the dictionary. So perhaps your argument falls over at this point. A manse is a large house but less formal than a mansion, or something like that.

Edited to add: ok, turns out it is a clergy house or just informal for large house.
129738, Different names tick off different people.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate names that show a lack of creativity, like naming your felar Murzik (common pet cat name in Russia). Or a storm giant Nautithan ("nautical" + "titan", lol). Or an elf named Elv.

Also, names that are some variety or outer- or caba-, vanq-, etc.

But if they technically break the rules but don't break immersion, then who the hell cares?
129740, Who the hell cares? You, apparently.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've seen you throw huge fits over names, like the two you mentioned. It's possible the people making those names were not thinking exactly the same things that you think when seeing the names. You need to stop making such harsh judgements based on assumptions, and especially so when you have a tendency to make wrong assumptions.
129741, Not really.
I don't care all that much anymore.
I've also had a few names that other people threw fits over.
129742, That is good to hear.
Sometimes a person needs to experience it themselves before really understanding. I had a name once that was almost identical to a name from some fantasy book I never read. I had never heard of the name let alone the book. But to everyone else it was impossible for me to not know about it.
129764, You threw a fit about Aerglen :P
NT
129767, I said nice name, how did you come up with it.
You think that is a fit? I start to wonder if jokes about no sarcasm in Russia aren't jokes. Are you be sarcastic here? I am unsure.

I interacted with Manse once and they seemed like a good player. Sorry if Murphy and I hijack your thread. It was not the intention.
129768, A tiny sarcasmy fit.
NT
129774, Cabdru was a perfect example of a powergaming name.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That name never should have passed muster.
129747, In his defense...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a storm warrior named Skyrim and was L28 before someone made me change it. I never played the game Skyrim, but must have just heard it somewhere. I thought it original at the time. Oops.

People would tell me in game..." Skyrim, huh?" or "Really"? Or just look at me and snort, but I was clueless until the IMMs pulled me into the ROTD.
129759, Sorry Imma let you finish
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But Odo the shape shifter had the worst unpoliced name of all time.
129771, Maybe, but...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...I'd argue that Kuslatromi is the most embarrassing one that went uncaught.
129772, Paging Astiklar, hello...? Nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
129773, My favorite was Mike Donald, personally. So glad I ganged him down.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
#### you Quas that name was ####! Lol.
129776, So long ago
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had to get proof of the primary battle imm sharing details of my role OOC with other players to get the imms to preassure him into giving me a chance for induct (bard was immduct only at that time). And then they released adapts creating a slew of orcs that bashed me into rage delete in the 30's. I think some of my crappy work is in the skull hut though.

For anyone who didn't pick it up I intentionally chose a human name that was lame to protest the naming rules and made it super bad by being essentially McDonald's