Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Agilus the Secret, Bandit King of Hams..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129142
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 20-Sep-16 03:27 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129142, "(DELETED) [None] Agilus the Secret, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Fri Sep 16 14:05:19 2016

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Agilus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:87

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Based on the hate and vitriol, you must have played an ..., Doof, 20-Sep-16 04:47 AM, #14
Reply Actual thieves are something else., Murphy, 20-Sep-16 05:25 AM, #15
     Reply Unfortunately, partly this, Kstatida, 20-Sep-16 05:29 AM, #16
          Reply Never robbed me once..., Muuksube Coldcrown (Anonymous), 20-Sep-16 12:11 PM, #17
               Reply Keep it to the character, or not at all., Jormyr, 20-Sep-16 03:31 PM, #18
               Reply Sorry, I thought was fine what I said., Aereglen, 20-Sep-16 06:30 PM, #19
               Reply I'd not rob an emperor duergar shaman either NT, Kstatida, 21-Sep-16 11:57 AM, #21
Reply Most amazing thief - ever., Muuksube Coldcrown (Anonymous), 17-Sep-16 09:31 AM, #12
Reply Lol., Murphy, 18-Sep-16 02:12 AM, #11
Reply lol, sorry imms, Aereglen, 19-Sep-16 03:30 PM, #13
Reply Well I hated your guts, Kstatida, 17-Sep-16 08:08 AM, #6
Reply fuk u (n/t), N b M, 16-Sep-16 10:14 PM, #4
Reply Farewell friend - you will be missed nt, Slycke (Anonymous), 16-Sep-16 09:15 PM, #3
Reply This is gold NT, Kstatida, 17-Sep-16 08:04 AM, #5
     Reply Slycke is...well, I'll leave it for his deletion. NT, TMNS, 17-Sep-16 08:41 AM, #7
          Reply You missed it :(, Slycke (Anonymous), 17-Sep-16 11:06 AM, #8
               Reply I'm cool Eric. Glad you're still alive. NT, TMNS, 17-Sep-16 01:38 PM, #10
Reply Wow. Impressive to have THAT many people mad at you in..., TMNS, 16-Sep-16 04:56 PM, #1
     Reply Not hard, lasentia, 16-Sep-16 08:48 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Not hard, Xalcorin (Anonymous), 17-Sep-16 12:27 PM, #9
               Reply Exactly. That's why I recruited you in my cause., Dargatha (not to be confused with Drathgora) (Anonymous), 21-Sep-16 05:32 AM, #20
                    Reply The Rogue Council, Xalcorin (Anonymous), 22-Sep-16 04:46 PM, #22
                         Reply Frankly, Murphy, 22-Sep-16 09:22 PM, #23
                         Reply The biggest obstacle, Dargatha (not to be confused with Drathgora) (Anonymous), 24-Sep-16 09:17 AM, #24

DoofTue 20-Sep-16 04:47 AM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129183, "Based on the hate and vitriol, you must have played an ..."
In response to Reply #0

MurphyTue 20-Sep-16 05:25 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129184, "Actual thieves are something else."
In response to Reply #14

They're in it for profit. This one was in it just to make everyone else suffer.

KstatidaTue 20-Sep-16 05:28 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129185, "Unfortunately, partly this"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Tue 20-Sep-16 05:29 AM

I can get stealing and distributing powerful items.

But the dude often robbed you to the pies. That's hardly a Robin Hood behavior

I've started wearing girdle of endless space because of him, because he repeatedly stole my prepbag during one day. Whom did he "distribute" it to, I wonder

Muuksube Coldcrown (Anonymous)Tue 20-Sep-16 03:27 PM
Charter member
#129188, "Never robbed me once..."
In response to Reply #16

That I know of!

JormyrTue 20-Sep-16 03:30 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#129193, "Keep it to the character, or not at all."
In response to Reply #17
Edited on Tue 20-Sep-16 03:31 PM

We're not going to involve active characters in the who's playing who game. Keep the topic to Agilus, or not at all.

*Edit - For anyone who might be unclear, this refers to the replies which followed Muuksube's post, not Muuk's.

AereglenTue 20-Sep-16 06:30 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129194, "Sorry, I thought was fine what I said."
In response to Reply #18

Was just saying it funny, I didn't explain how or why. I even said I not going to say how. Sorry to give you more work.

KstatidaWed 21-Sep-16 11:57 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129202, "I'd not rob an emperor duergar shaman either NT"
In response to Reply #17

NT

Muuksube Coldcrown (Anonymous)Mon 19-Sep-16 02:10 PM
Charter member
#129153, "Most amazing thief - ever."
In response to Reply #0

Amazing and memorable - for reasons I will not state here. Basically a Robinhood against gear hoarding Innfolk, Griefers, and a$$holes.

MurphySun 18-Sep-16 02:12 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129161, "Lol."
In response to Reply #12

NT

AereglenMon 19-Sep-16 03:30 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129175, "lol, sorry imms"
In response to Reply #12

NT

KstatidaSat 17-Sep-16 08:08 AM
2214 posts
#129151, "Well I hated your guts"
In response to Reply #0

But unlike Slycke, you were consistent in your RP and actions. You didn't freak out on full loots and were totally expecting them. And you really gave a lot of things to lowbies, which was fun. I remember receiving a full set of Shravthar's axes from you that boosted team orc big time, which was nice.

So yeah, you've successfully played an asshat griefing character, but you were totally consistent and not a douche at the same time, which I find a weird combination and worth being noted.

And I'm so not sorry for fulling you as Zqoemoa GLWYN with your next consistent character who is not a douche

N b MFri 16-Sep-16 10:14 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#129147, "fuk u (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

Bitch

Slycke (Anonymous)Fri 16-Sep-16 09:15 PM
Charter member
#129146, "Farewell friend - you will be missed nt"
In response to Reply #0

gr

KstatidaSat 17-Sep-16 08:04 AM
2214 posts
#129150, "This is gold NT"
In response to Reply #3

NT

TMNSSat 17-Sep-16 08:41 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#129152, "Slycke is...well, I'll leave it for his deletion. NT"
In response to Reply #5

NT

Slycke (Anonymous)Sat 17-Sep-16 11:06 AM
Charter member
#129154, "You missed it :("
In response to Reply #7

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=128383&mesg_id=128383&listing_type=search

Tell me how much you loved me!

TMNSSat 17-Sep-16 01:38 PM
2670 posts
#129158, "I'm cool Eric. Glad you're still alive. NT"
In response to Reply #8

NT

TMNSFri 16-Sep-16 04:56 PM
2670 posts
#129144, "Wow. Impressive to have THAT many people mad at you in..."
In response to Reply #0

NT

lasentiaFri 16-Sep-16 08:48 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
#129145, "Not hard"
In response to Reply #1

Roll thief, log in, steal from anyone in range, log off. really seemed the only point was to piss off other players.

Xalcorin (Anonymous)Sat 17-Sep-16 12:27 PM
Charter member
#129155, "RE: Not hard"
In response to Reply #2

This thief was a petty thief and a coward. As another already said, steal and log off. Never wanted to promote the guild nor improve the business of the Rogue. Coward.

Dargatha (not to be confused with Drathgora) (Anonymous)Wed 21-Sep-16 05:32 AM
Charter member
#129196, "Exactly. That's why I recruited you in my cause."
In response to Reply #9

(Though I admit the similarities between that character and mine are eerily similar).

Since enough time has passed since my deletion, I'll go into a bit more detail now.

I came back to CF from a VERY long hiatus. Decided to take a crack at non-evil duergar thief, and concocted this plan to unite the thief guilds under non-evil thieves who would be willing to promote the idea of elevating thiefdom to a high social status, instead of being loathed and mistrusted. Goodie thieves would be best, but neutrals were ok provided that they were willing to follow the high ethical standards I laid out. During this process, as I shared my idea with various people, I kept hearing encouragement along way of, "Yeah, and see if you can get rid of Agilus while you're at it! He's an a$$!" I had never met him before, so I only had the word of others to go on, and began the plot to have him unseated. Shortly after I took over the Galadon guild, he finally logged on. I sent him a tell just to say "Greetings". He replied back with some douchebag, asshat, f*** you response. That was my one and only interaction, since a he logged off again a few minutes later and I never saw him again for the life of my character.

People have said he was a guard against gear hoarders, but he himself was a guildleader hoarder. He hoarded the blackclaw guildleader spot without hardly ever logging on. Then as soon as the Galadon guild spot opened, he blackballed himself from Blackclaw and immediately took over the Galadon guild. Then Drathgora unseated him there, and immediately he runs to Hamsah, takes the Bandit King position, logs off, and then doesn't log on again.

Frankly, I'm glad he finally decided to just give it up already and delete. If he didn't, I was getting tempted to put my new paladin on hold and roll another thief just to oust him again and blackball him from Hamsah too!

Xalcorin (Anonymous)Thu 22-Sep-16 04:46 PM
Charter member
#129210, "The Rogue Council"
In response to Reply #20

I wish we could have accomplished this. Agilus just stopped any progress we made when he blackballed me and another from Spymaster vote. Which still don't understand why the Imms didn't step in on that and do what the vote should would have been had Agilus not found a glitch in the system to blackball us.

That Council could have really elevated the RP aspect of Rogues too. Oh, maybe Xalcorin will have a lost child out there.

MurphyThu 22-Sep-16 09:22 PM
1639 posts
#129219, "Frankly"
In response to Reply #22

I didn't get your "Council" idea almost as much as I didn't get Agilus. Pure griefing that he did is going overboard, but thieves aren't meant to be honest either.

Dargatha (not to be confused with Drathgora) (Anonymous)Sat 24-Sep-16 09:17 AM
Charter member
#129246, "The biggest obstacle"
In response to Reply #22

Was me having to leave to focus on RL. If it hadn't been for that, you getting blackballed would not have stopped things.

As for blackballing the competition mid-vote, Agilus didn't "find" that glitch. It's been around since the start of the thief guild system. Zulg actually attempted to fix that by coding it up so that once a vote was called, any elites involved in an active vote would be exempt from blackballing until the conclusion of the vote. The fix apparently never worked. I've had a few elite thieves in the past who were blackballed mid-vote like that, and I prayed, explaining the situation, and an Imm put me back into the guild, and when the vote finished, I was the winner, as expected.

I agree that this problem DEFINITELY needs to be looked at again, since the current situation basically defies the entire purpose of the guild vote to begin with. What's the point of having a vote if the incumbent can simply blackball any challengers immediately as soon as the vote is called? Thus far, I've been able to get around it by calling the vote, and then simply making myself scarce for a whole RL week until the vote concludes, thereby denying the incumbent any opportunity to blackball me before the conclusion of the vote. It's a stupid, OOCish way to deal with the vote, but in the face of bug-abuse that no Imm seems to want to take the time to fix, it's really the only option.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129142 Previous topic | Next topic