Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Agilus the Secret, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129142
129142, (DELETED) [None] Agilus the Secret, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 16 14:05:19 2016

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Agilus perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:87
129183, Based on the hate and vitriol, you must have played an actual thief. Well done. n/t
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
129184, Actual thieves are something else.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're in it for profit. This one was in it just to make everyone else suffer.
129185, Unfortunately, partly this
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can get stealing and distributing powerful items.

But the dude often robbed you to the pies. That's hardly a Robin Hood behavior :)

I've started wearing girdle of endless space because of him, because he repeatedly stole my prepbag during one day. Whom did he "distribute" it to, I wonder :)
129188, Never robbed me once...
Posted by Muuksube Coldcrown on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That I know of!

129193, Keep it to the character, or not at all.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We're not going to involve active characters in the who's playing who game. Keep the topic to Agilus, or not at all.

*Edit - For anyone who might be unclear, this refers to the replies which followed Muuksube's post, not Muuk's.
129194, Sorry, I thought was fine what I said.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was just saying it funny, I didn't explain how or why. I even said I not going to say how. Sorry to give you more work.
129202, I'd not rob an emperor duergar shaman either NT
NT
129153, Most amazing thief - ever.
Posted by Muuksube Coldcrown on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Amazing and memorable - for reasons I will not state here. Basically a Robinhood against gear hoarding Innfolk, Griefers, and a$$holes.

129161, Lol.
NT
129175, lol, sorry imms
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
129151, Well I hated your guts
But unlike Slycke, you were consistent in your RP and actions. You didn't freak out on full loots and were totally expecting them. And you really gave a lot of things to lowbies, which was fun. I remember receiving a full set of Shravthar's axes from you that boosted team orc big time, which was nice.

So yeah, you've successfully played an asshat griefing character, but you were totally consistent and not a douche at the same time, which I find a weird combination and worth being noted.

And I'm so not sorry for fulling you as Zqoemoa :) GLWYN with your next consistent character who is not a douche :)
129147, fuk u (n/t)
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bitch
129146, Farewell friend - you will be missed nt
Posted by Slycke on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
129150, This is gold NT
NT
129152, Slycke is...well, I'll leave it for his deletion. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
129154, You missed it :(
Posted by Slycke on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=128383&mesg_id=128383&listing_type=search

Tell me how much you loved me!
129158, I'm cool Eric. Glad you're still alive. NT
NT
129144, Wow. Impressive to have THAT many people mad at you in 87 hours. NT
NT
129145, Not hard
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Roll thief, log in, steal from anyone in range, log off. really seemed the only point was to piss off other players.
129155, RE: Not hard
Posted by Xalcorin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This thief was a petty thief and a coward. As another already said, steal and log off. Never wanted to promote the guild nor improve the business of the Rogue. Coward.
129196, Exactly. That's why I recruited you in my cause.
Posted by Dargatha (not to be confused with Drathgora) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(Though I admit the similarities between that character and mine are eerily similar).

Since enough time has passed since my deletion, I'll go into a bit more detail now.

I came back to CF from a VERY long hiatus. Decided to take a crack at non-evil duergar thief, and concocted this plan to unite the thief guilds under non-evil thieves who would be willing to promote the idea of elevating thiefdom to a high social status, instead of being loathed and mistrusted. Goodie thieves would be best, but neutrals were ok provided that they were willing to follow the high ethical standards I laid out. During this process, as I shared my idea with various people, I kept hearing encouragement along way of, "Yeah, and see if you can get rid of Agilus while you're at it! He's an a$$!" I had never met him before, so I only had the word of others to go on, and began the plot to have him unseated. Shortly after I took over the Galadon guild, he finally logged on. I sent him a tell just to say "Greetings". He replied back with some douchebag, asshat, f*** you response. That was my one and only interaction, since a he logged off again a few minutes later and I never saw him again for the life of my character.

People have said he was a guard against gear hoarders, but he himself was a guildleader hoarder. He hoarded the blackclaw guildleader spot without hardly ever logging on. Then as soon as the Galadon guild spot opened, he blackballed himself from Blackclaw and immediately took over the Galadon guild. Then Drathgora unseated him there, and immediately he runs to Hamsah, takes the Bandit King position, logs off, and then doesn't log on again.

Frankly, I'm glad he finally decided to just give it up already and delete. If he didn't, I was getting tempted to put my new paladin on hold and roll another thief just to oust him again and blackball him from Hamsah too!
129210, The Rogue Council
Posted by Xalcorin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish we could have accomplished this. Agilus just stopped any progress we made when he blackballed me and another from Spymaster vote. Which still don't understand why the Imms didn't step in on that and do what the vote should would have been had Agilus not found a glitch in the system to blackball us.

That Council could have really elevated the RP aspect of Rogues too. Oh, maybe Xalcorin will have a lost child out there.
129219, Frankly
I didn't get your "Council" idea almost as much as I didn't get Agilus. Pure griefing that he did is going overboard, but thieves aren't meant to be honest either.
129246, The biggest obstacle
Posted by Dargatha (not to be confused with Drathgora) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was me having to leave to focus on RL. If it hadn't been for that, you getting blackballed would not have stopped things.

As for blackballing the competition mid-vote, Agilus didn't "find" that glitch. It's been around since the start of the thief guild system. Zulg actually attempted to fix that by coding it up so that once a vote was called, any elites involved in an active vote would be exempt from blackballing until the conclusion of the vote. The fix apparently never worked. I've had a few elite thieves in the past who were blackballed mid-vote like that, and I prayed, explaining the situation, and an Imm put me back into the guild, and when the vote finished, I was the winner, as expected.

I agree that this problem DEFINITELY needs to be looked at again, since the current situation basically defies the entire purpose of the guild vote to begin with. What's the point of having a vote if the incumbent can simply blackball any challengers immediately as soon as the vote is called? Thus far, I've been able to get around it by calling the vote, and then simply making myself scarce for a whole RL week until the vote concludes, thereby denying the incumbent any opportunity to blackball me before the conclusion of the vote. It's a stupid, OOCish way to deal with the vote, but in the face of bug-abuse that no Imm seems to want to take the time to fix, it's really the only option.