Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Traethen the Elemental Lord" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127921
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 05-May-16 03:40 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127921, "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Traethen the Elemental Lord"

Thu May 5 15:38:27 2016

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Traethen perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:invoker
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:138

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WelverinThu 05-May-16 07:23 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127924, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well most of the outties that I would shout out to deleted. I've had a few days to calm down about my experience, I'll leave most of it out of this, at least I will try.

Drehir - Man whoever said what they did about you in that immortals post was right on. Our sole interaction was probably one of my most memorable Imm moments of recent memory. I almost cried a few days later when I saw you pop up as Dormant on wizlist. It took a lot of the wind out of my sails. But I feel like it might have been more my fault. I spent way too much time working on spells, and retrieving than actively seeking you out. By the time I was ready to... Bammo. And then after I delete, I look back and you switched back, I screamed. Seriously I screemed at my screen.

Tribunal - Most of my vent was on Dios, I don't want to do too much more here. I will say that RP was not lacking from the foes I saw there. My frustration is really pendulum related... It's not fun to be on the other side of it, and boring to be in your side, I really find that its more fun for everyone when it's more in the middle.

Post and I will reply.

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Thu 05-May-16 08:22 PM
Charter member
#127925, "Too bad you were reaver"
In response to Reply #1

It's unfortunate that you went reaver. As a sentinel/warden, we together had a real shot. As a reaver, I can't really work with you. I would go try to retrieve with you, but we can't go in as a group and then you go alone and die without announcing you were going. I guess you were frustrated by that point, but geez, only 138 hours and not even hero, should've stuck it out a bit more, you were probably on the verge of becoming much more powerful. Difference between L47-48 and 51 in terms of spellcasting is huge. In my experience, basically heroes make all the saves from the lower-ranked people if saves are at least somewhat covered, which they always are from a non-newbie.

Invoker is actually one of very few credible threats to win over Qinsa and the army. Unfortunately, that mostly applies only if you're a hero. Sorry to see you go the way you did, try to stick it out through the frustration next time. The pendulum will swing once Qinsa age-dies (which I suppose is still a longish way away unfortunately) but will happen eventually. In the meantime, you could've ignored the fetish and just concentrated on getting hero and then went exploring/RP'ing/collecting wands/etc if you felt you weren't ready to fight him. Pursuing something that's frustrating will lead to an early deletion. I have done that when a lone headless rager against an eternal imperial horde. At least reaver invoker has options.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127921 Previous topic | Next topic