Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Traethen the Elemental Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127921
127921, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Traethen the Elemental Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 5 15:38:27 2016

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Traethen perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:invoker
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:138
127924, Goodbyes
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well most of the outties that I would shout out to deleted. I've had a few days to calm down about my experience, I'll leave most of it out of this, at least I will try.

Drehir - Man whoever said what they did about you in that immortals post was right on. Our sole interaction was probably one of my most memorable Imm moments of recent memory. I almost cried a few days later when I saw you pop up as Dormant on wizlist. It took a lot of the wind out of my sails. But I feel like it might have been more my fault. I spent way too much time working on spells, and retrieving than actively seeking you out. By the time I was ready to... Bammo. And then after I delete, I look back and you switched back, I screamed. Seriously I screemed at my screen.

Tribunal - Most of my vent was on Dios, I don't want to do too much more here. I will say that RP was not lacking from the foes I saw there. My frustration is really pendulum related... It's not fun to be on the other side of it, and boring to be in your side, I really find that its more fun for everyone when it's more in the middle.

Post and I will reply.
127925, Too bad you were reaver
Posted by Gwildaththea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's unfortunate that you went reaver. As a sentinel/warden, we together had a real shot. As a reaver, I can't really work with you. I would go try to retrieve with you, but we can't go in as a group and then you go alone and die without announcing you were going. I guess you were frustrated by that point, but geez, only 138 hours and not even hero, should've stuck it out a bit more, you were probably on the verge of becoming much more powerful. Difference between L47-48 and 51 in terms of spellcasting is huge. In my experience, basically heroes make all the saves from the lower-ranked people if saves are at least somewhat covered, which they always are from a non-newbie.

Invoker is actually one of very few credible threats to win over Qinsa and the army. Unfortunately, that mostly applies only if you're a hero. Sorry to see you go the way you did, try to stick it out through the frustration next time. The pendulum will swing once Qinsa age-dies (which I suppose is still a longish way away unfortunately) but will happen eventually. In the meantime, you could've ignored the fetish and just concentrated on getting hero and then went exploring/RP'ing/collecting wands/etc if you felt you weren't ready to fight him. Pursuing something that's frustrating will lead to an early deletion. I have done that when a lone headless rager against an eternal imperial horde. At least reaver invoker has options.