Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Verathi the Esoteric, Cunning Blade ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127697
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 31-Mar-16 10:24 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127697, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Verathi the Esoteric, Cunning Blade of Battle"

Thu Mar 31 10:22:51 2016

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Verathi perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:54
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:3788

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Verathi, 31-Mar-16 12:18 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, amazingdonnie, 31-Mar-16 12:52 PM, #7
Reply Definitely one of my favorites, TJHuron, 31-Mar-16 12:53 PM, #8
Reply Drat, my next was going to be a follower, KaguMaru, 31-Mar-16 01:50 PM, #10
Reply Agreed about player/IMM conundrum., TMNS, 31-Mar-16 02:35 PM, #12
Reply GLWYN, Luthantulas, 31-Mar-16 05:14 PM, #13
Reply Good luck and thanks, incognito, 01-Apr-16 01:07 AM, #14
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Umiron, 01-Apr-16 02:46 PM, #15
Reply I had a lot of fun with you., Sarien, 02-Apr-16 10:44 PM, #16
Reply Re: Goodbyes, Jormyr, 03-Apr-16 04:01 AM, #17
Reply Take it easy man., Raltevio, 13-Apr-16 03:08 AM, #18
Reply Sad to see. Really liked Verathi. Be well. n/t, Heaghul (Anonymous), 31-Mar-16 12:12 PM, #5
Reply Sad to see you go. You were a great BATTLE Imm. n/t, Lhydia, 31-Mar-16 11:51 AM, #4
Reply Concur, great battle imm, nice blend of religion and ca..., Dallevian, 31-Mar-16 01:03 PM, #9
Reply Yikes. I'm hopefully assuming this is just a time/RL i..., TMNS, 31-Mar-16 11:34 AM, #2
Reply No you aren't or you wouldn't have posted this. , Lhydia, 31-Mar-16 11:50 AM, #3
     Reply Master taught has, Jalim wise say. NT, TMNS, 31-Mar-16 02:34 PM, #11
Reply Oh, Kstatida, 31-Mar-16 10:41 AM, #1

VerathiThu 31-Mar-16 12:18 PM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127703, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I'd like to keep this short and drama free. This isn't a case of me clashing with an imm or imp, by and large I think they are all great. I do not always agree with every decision they make, but know that everyone believes they are doing what is best for the mud.

If I really wanted to, I could have continued putting in countless hours while at work and managing a cabal and the few followers I had as best I could. I just found I did not have the motivation for the baseline, much less pushing out new projects and trying to climb the ladder. Instead of just logging in once a month for a long time, I flat out stopped logging in and tried to see if I missed being on my imm. After a few weeks of not missing it and in fact being relieved I didn't have to deal with some of the petulant emails I was seeing, I realized it was a good time to be done.

I am not convinced I could contribute more to the mud as an imm than as a player, and don't think we need 20 or even 5 more new imms. I'd rather see those people playing characters and bringing the mud back to life. Maybe by removing the "work" of being an imm, I'll find motivation to get a character past 11 in the future. If not, that is fine as well.

amazingdonnieThu 31-Mar-16 12:52 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
#127704, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6

You were fantastic over multiple characters and I wish you nothing but the best.

TJHuronThu 31-Mar-16 12:53 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127705, "Definitely one of my favorites"
In response to Reply #6

It was an honor getting to be your first tattooed follower and even more so getting Magner into your shrine.

I attempted a character a little over a month ago and wanted to give another go at it. You may remember him, Arandalok. Unfortunately, I got busy and lost my steam and let him auto. At least it seems we kind of were in the same boat CF-motivation wise. I can't say I relate because I think you were dealing with a whole aspect of CF I know nothing about but I do get the general premise that you shouldn't play if the enjoyment is no longer there. Best step back and take a break. Maybe that enjoyment will return.

Sorry to hear it all just became a grind. You were absolutely awesome as an imm and Battle imm.

Good luck with what comes next.

KaguMaruThu 31-Mar-16 01:50 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#127708, "Drat, my next was going to be a follower"
In response to Reply #6

GLWYN

TMNSThu 31-Mar-16 02:35 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#127710, "Agreed about player/IMM conundrum."
In response to Reply #6

I get sad when certain players IMM because I feel it kinda burns them out of rolling actual characters to interact in the MUD.

That being said, I'm all for hoping to see you in the fields as a mort.

LuthantulasThu 31-Mar-16 05:14 PM
Member since 20th Mar 2016
9 posts
#127711, "GLWYN"
In response to Reply #6

I can understand what you said completely. I'll miss our chats, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your mortals.

See you in the fields señor.

incognitoFri 01-Apr-16 01:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127712, "Good luck and thanks"
In response to Reply #6

I enjoyed the stuff you did with whys. Eg the food competition.

I agree that we need decent players more than imms. I may be gone but I hope you find the enjoyment as a player again.

UmironFri 01-Apr-16 02:46 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127714, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6

I've always been a believer that when it's not fun anymore it's time to think about walking away, and so this doesn't come as a huge surprise. Some folks are able to contribute more as players than as staff members (probably not coincidentally, those are the people who can often be found "talking shop" in 1200 or actually playing mortals), and there's nothing wrong with that. If being an immortal made being a player less fun for you then this was probably the right choice. Good luck.

SarienSat 02-Apr-16 10:44 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#127716, "I had a lot of fun with you."
In response to Reply #6

I had a lot of fun with Varaez, and with you. In retrospect it is one of the many characters I wish I had age/con died. I completely understand why you are pulling back. All of the borderline OOC "battle is OP" arguments I had to have IC, as well as defending what parity is/isn't really wore me down. I apologize I was so very bitter at the end, and I know there is no real excuse for it. But, I feel your pain.

I hope you do come back - you were a good IMM and fair.

JormyrSun 03-Apr-16 04:01 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#127717, "Re: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6

Said most of it before you went on your hiatus. I'm sad to see you go this route, particularly given you were more or less among my Heroimm "class". Hopefully mortal life will be more fun for you in the meantime...Jormyr always needs another shaman or two anyways!

Overall - don't be a stranger!

RaltevioWed 13-Apr-16 03:08 AM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
#127778, "Take it easy man."
In response to Reply #6

You were a good friend. Always open to brainstorming ideas, even if completely infeasible, or goofy. You were always around to vent frustrations with.

Hope everything works out better for you with the responsibility cut loose. Contact me any time if you need anything.

PS: What's the deal with that Negan cliffhanger, man? It's like they are deliberately trying to make me watch Season 7, or something.

Heaghul (Anonymous)Thu 31-Mar-16 12:12 PM
Charter member
#127702, "Sad to see. Really liked Verathi. Be well. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

LhydiaThu 31-Mar-16 11:51 AM
2390 posts
#127701, "Sad to see you go. You were a great BATTLE Imm. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

gr

DallevianThu 31-Mar-16 01:03 PM
1639 posts
#127706, "Concur, great battle imm, nice blend of religion and ca..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

TMNSThu 31-Mar-16 11:34 AM
2670 posts
#127699, "Yikes. I'm hopefully assuming this is just a time/RL i..."
In response to Reply #0

NT

LhydiaThu 31-Mar-16 11:50 AM
2390 posts
#127700, "No you aren't or you wouldn't have posted this. "
In response to Reply #2

Your drama fishing game is pretty on point lately.

TMNSThu 31-Mar-16 02:34 PM
2670 posts
#127709, "Master taught has, Jalim wise say. NT"
In response to Reply #3

NT

KstatidaThu 31-Mar-16 10:41 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127698, "Oh"
In response to Reply #0

Only one battle imm now? Considering Jormyr's sporadic hours, this seems painful.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127697 Previous topic | Next topic