Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Verathi the Esoteric, Cunning Blade of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127697
127697, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Verathi the Esoteric, Cunning Blade of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 31 10:22:51 2016

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Verathi perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:54
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:3788
127703, Goodbyes
Posted by Verathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like to keep this short and drama free. This isn't a case of me clashing with an imm or imp, by and large I think they are all great. I do not always agree with every decision they make, but know that everyone believes they are doing what is best for the mud.

If I really wanted to, I could have continued putting in countless hours while at work and managing a cabal and the few followers I had as best I could. I just found I did not have the motivation for the baseline, much less pushing out new projects and trying to climb the ladder. Instead of just logging in once a month for a long time, I flat out stopped logging in and tried to see if I missed being on my imm. After a few weeks of not missing it and in fact being relieved I didn't have to deal with some of the petulant emails I was seeing, I realized it was a good time to be done.

I am not convinced I could contribute more to the mud as an imm than as a player, and don't think we need 20 or even 5 more new imms. I'd rather see those people playing characters and bringing the mud back to life. Maybe by removing the "work" of being an imm, I'll find motivation to get a character past 11 in the future. If not, that is fine as well.
127704, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by amazingdonnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fantastic over multiple characters and I wish you nothing but the best.
127705, Definitely one of my favorites
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was an honor getting to be your first tattooed follower and even more so getting Magner into your shrine.

I attempted a character a little over a month ago and wanted to give another go at it. You may remember him, Arandalok. Unfortunately, I got busy and lost my steam and let him auto. At least it seems we kind of were in the same boat CF-motivation wise. I can't say I relate because I think you were dealing with a whole aspect of CF I know nothing about but I do get the general premise that you shouldn't play if the enjoyment is no longer there. Best step back and take a break. Maybe that enjoyment will return.

Sorry to hear it all just became a grind. You were absolutely awesome as an imm and Battle imm.

Good luck with what comes next.
127708, Drat, my next was going to be a follower
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN
127710, Agreed about player/IMM conundrum.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I get sad when certain players IMM because I feel it kinda burns them out of rolling actual characters to interact in the MUD.

That being said, I'm all for hoping to see you in the fields as a mort.
127711, GLWYN
Posted by Luthantulas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can understand what you said completely. I'll miss our chats, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your mortals.

See you in the fields señor.
127712, Good luck and thanks
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the stuff you did with whys. Eg the food competition.

I agree that we need decent players more than imms. I may be gone but I hope you find the enjoyment as a player again.
127714, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've always been a believer that when it's not fun anymore it's time to think about walking away, and so this doesn't come as a huge surprise. Some folks are able to contribute more as players than as staff members (probably not coincidentally, those are the people who can often be found "talking shop" in 1200 or actually playing mortals), and there's nothing wrong with that. If being an immortal made being a player less fun for you then this was probably the right choice. Good luck.
127716, I had a lot of fun with you.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a lot of fun with Varaez, and with you. In retrospect it is one of the many characters I wish I had age/con died. I completely understand why you are pulling back. All of the borderline OOC "battle is OP" arguments I had to have IC, as well as defending what parity is/isn't really wore me down. I apologize I was so very bitter at the end, and I know there is no real excuse for it. But, I feel your pain.

I hope you do come back - you were a good IMM and fair.
127717, Re: Goodbyes
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Said most of it before you went on your hiatus. I'm sad to see you go this route, particularly given you were more or less among my Heroimm "class". Hopefully mortal life will be more fun for you in the meantime...Jormyr always needs another shaman or two anyways!

Overall - don't be a stranger!
127778, Take it easy man.
Posted by Raltevio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a good friend. Always open to brainstorming ideas, even if completely infeasible, or goofy. You were always around to vent frustrations with.

Hope everything works out better for you with the responsibility cut loose. Contact me any time if you need anything.

PS: What's the deal with that Negan cliffhanger, man? It's like they are deliberately trying to make me watch Season 7, or something.
127702, Sad to see. Really liked Verathi. Be well. n/t
Posted by Heaghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
127701, Sad to see you go. You were a great BATTLE Imm. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
127706, Concur, great battle imm, nice blend of religion and cabal nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
127699, Yikes. I'm hopefully assuming this is just a time/RL issue. NT
NT
127700, No you aren't or you wouldn't have posted this.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your drama fishing game is pretty on point lately.
127709, Master taught has, Jalim wise say. NT
NT
127698, Oh
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only one battle imm now? Considering Jormyr's sporadic hours, this seems painful.