Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Conenlaconen the Battle-Hardened, Sh..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127551
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 21-Mar-16 10:40 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127551, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Conenlaconen the Battle-Hardened, Sheathed Blade"

Mon Mar 21 22:38:35 2016

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Conenlaconen perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:38
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:58

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hey you seemed competent, Kstatida, 22-Mar-16 07:48 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Hey you seemed competent, conenlaconen (Anonymous), 22-Mar-16 10:39 PM, #2
          Reply How many gold did you have donated?, Athioles, 23-Mar-16 12:26 AM, #3
               Reply RE: How many gold did you have donated?, conenlaconen (Anonymous), 23-Mar-16 10:13 AM, #4
                    Reply The situation is following, Kstatida, 23-Mar-16 10:21 AM, #5
                         Reply There are 4 elite blade slots, Murphy, 23-Mar-16 10:57 AM, #6
                         Reply There's no autopromote to full blade, KaguMaru, 23-Mar-16 11:22 AM, #7
                              Reply Somewhat not my experience, Kstatida, 23-Mar-16 12:58 PM, #8
                                   Reply I usually just get so sick of the grinding, KaguMaru, 23-Mar-16 01:16 PM, #9
                                        Reply You don't have to grind, laxman, 23-Mar-16 06:03 PM, #10
                                             Reply Anything that relies on other players to come off falls..., KaguMaru, 23-Mar-16 06:35 PM, #11

KstatidaTue 22-Mar-16 07:48 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127570, "Hey you seemed competent"
In response to Reply #0

Why the delete? Polearm builds are not OP?

conenlaconen (Anonymous)Tue 22-Mar-16 10:39 PM
Charter member
#127587, "RE: Hey you seemed competent"
In response to Reply #1

Polearms are OP but I am a spear spec hehe
Deleted because not sure how to play Empire... evidence by my title Sheathed Blade ar rank 38th... never gonna play Empire again though

AthiolesWed 23-Mar-16 12:26 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127588, "How many gold did you have donated?"
In response to Reply #2

Donate properly and don't mess up and you're pretty much guaranteed steady promotion in today's empire.

conenlaconen (Anonymous)Wed 23-Mar-16 10:04 AM
Charter member
#127597, "RE: How many gold did you have donated?"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 23-Mar-16 10:13 AM

There's a disconnect between what you are saying and what I experience. I donated about 120 gold thus far, and according to "donate show", I "meet" the donation and level requirements, whatever that means.

I'm not sure if 120 gold is enough or what, but when it leads to stop "playing" the game and just gold farming, it ruins the game for me and for the other person who wants a fight with me. Sorry Grundo.. I have to farm gold every time you look for me . But when gold farming didn't yield results neither, all I can say is f* c k the gold and the Empire too

I don't want to play Village neither because they have a steady awesome presence and if I join them too, who would I fight, no one is around... it is a f* cked up situation.

KstatidaWed 23-Mar-16 10:21 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127598, "The situation is following"
In response to Reply #4

65+ you get Sheathed (achieved)
200+ you get Blade (I'm not sure on exact number, but rule of thumb for automated promotion is "required"*2)
Most likely you don't get Elite if you have less than 500, it's manual and the slots are limited by 2.

P.S. Serial imperial players plx correct me. I tend to get manual promotions before automated so I'm not quite sure on numbers.

MurphyWed 23-Mar-16 10:57 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127599, "There are 4 elite blade slots"
In response to Reply #5

Technically, the sect that has most donations had 4 elite slots, but in practice it's locked with blades because other sects will never catch up.

I've never seen autopromotion beyond citizen echelon.

KaguMaruWed 23-Mar-16 11:22 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#127600, "There's no autopromote to full blade"
In response to Reply #5

But if you're level 40 for a couple of days you generally get promoted, and if you don't you can generally bribe someone higher up to promote you for 50 gold or so.

But yes the donations mechanic means that imperials will always be underprepped compared to characters from other cabals who put in equal hours.

KstatidaWed 23-Mar-16 12:58 PM
2214 posts
#127601, "Somewhat not my experience"
In response to Reply #7

As imperial I tend to amass tons of money, mostly in bank, which I donate when bullied by authorities. These money make prepping and healing so much easier. With other cabals, I don't care about money much, therefore no readily available resources in times of dire need.

KaguMaruWed 23-Mar-16 01:16 PM
805 posts
#127602, "I usually just get so sick of the grinding"
In response to Reply #8

I'm so burned out on it by the time I gather 70 gold on a level 20 character (and that was before gold changes) that the grinding for my own gold seems like 3x the chore it already is.

Granted once you can kill the red dragon it becomes way easier.

laxmanWed 23-Mar-16 06:03 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#127606, "You don't have to grind"
In response to Reply #9

An interesting way to raise funds is to collect them from other players. Make deals, sell your services, initiate grand conspiracies!

It's not as regular as killing mobs and selling gear to merchants but it can really flesh out your character and lead to learning new things. Just as an example I was able to convince someone in another sect to give me 500 gold to use in a made up ritual in exchange for letting them in on a plot. Took several weeks to arrange it but it really felt good to play politics.

KaguMaruWed 23-Mar-16 06:35 PM
805 posts
#127607, "Anything that relies on other players to come off falls..."
In response to Reply #10

And therefore not something I can include in my expectations for what will happen when considering a character.

But I just did a huge back and forth about this on Dios, let's not bring it here.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127551 Previous topic | Next topic