Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Conenlaconen the Battle-Hardened, Sheathed Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127551
127551, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Conenlaconen the Battle-Hardened, Sheathed Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 21 22:38:35 2016

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Conenlaconen perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:38
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:58
127570, Hey you seemed competent
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why the delete? Polearm builds are not OP?
127587, RE: Hey you seemed competent
Posted by conenlaconen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Polearms are OP but I am a spear spec hehe
Deleted because not sure how to play Empire... evidence by my title Sheathed Blade ar rank 38th... never gonna play Empire again though
127588, How many gold did you have donated?
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Donate properly and don't mess up and you're pretty much guaranteed steady promotion in today's empire.
127597, RE: How many gold did you have donated?
Posted by conenlaconen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a disconnect between what you are saying and what I experience. I donated about 120 gold thus far, and according to "donate show", I "meet" the donation and level requirements, whatever that means.

I'm not sure if 120 gold is enough or what, but when it leads to stop "playing" the game and just gold farming, it ruins the game for me and for the other person who wants a fight with me. Sorry Grundo.. I have to farm gold every time you look for me :D. But when gold farming didn't yield results neither, all I can say is f* c k the gold and the Empire too :D

I don't want to play Village neither because they have a steady awesome presence and if I join them too, who would I fight, no one is around... it is a f* cked up situation.
127598, The situation is following
65+ you get Sheathed (achieved)
200+ you get Blade (I'm not sure on exact number, but rule of thumb for automated promotion is "required"*2)
Most likely you don't get Elite if you have less than 500, it's manual and the slots are limited by 2.

P.S. Serial imperial players plx correct me. I tend to get manual promotions before automated so I'm not quite sure on numbers.
127599, There are 4 elite blade slots
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Technically, the sect that has most donations had 4 elite slots, but in practice it's locked with blades because other sects will never catch up.

I've never seen autopromotion beyond citizen echelon.
127600, There's no autopromote to full blade
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But if you're level 40 for a couple of days you generally get promoted, and if you don't you can generally bribe someone higher up to promote you for 50 gold or so.

But yes the donations mechanic means that imperials will always be underprepped compared to characters from other cabals who put in equal hours.
127601, Somewhat not my experience
As imperial I tend to amass tons of money, mostly in bank, which I donate when bullied by authorities. These money make prepping and healing so much easier. With other cabals, I don't care about money much, therefore no readily available resources in times of dire need.
127602, I usually just get so sick of the grinding
I'm so burned out on it by the time I gather 70 gold on a level 20 character (and that was before gold changes) that the grinding for my own gold seems like 3x the chore it already is.

Granted once you can kill the red dragon it becomes way easier.
127606, You don't have to grind
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An interesting way to raise funds is to collect them from other players. Make deals, sell your services, initiate grand conspiracies!

It's not as regular as killing mobs and selling gear to merchants but it can really flesh out your character and lead to learning new things. Just as an example I was able to convince someone in another sect to give me 500 gold to use in a made up ritual in exchange for letting them in on a plot. Took several weeks to arrange it but it really felt good to play politics.
127607, Anything that relies on other players to come off falls under 'lucky break' for me
And therefore not something I can include in my expectations for what will happen when considering a character.

But I just did a huge back and forth about this on Dios, let's not bring it here.