Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Gorrborno Sque the Legend of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126689
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 18-Dec-15 07:30 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126689, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Gorrborno Sque the Legend of the Battlefield"

Fri Dec 18 18:29:36 2015

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Gorrborno perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:198

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks for the cake., Gorrborno (Anonymous), 21-Dec-15 02:56 PM, #9
Reply RE: Thanks for the cake., Lathlaeril, 21-Dec-15 03:11 PM, #10
Reply RE: Thanks for the cake., Welverin, 21-Dec-15 03:27 PM, #11
Reply RE: Thanks for the cake., TJHuron, 21-Dec-15 06:56 PM, #12
Reply awesome job!, Dallevian, 21-Dec-15 10:12 PM, #13
Reply Well, not my experience, Kstatida, 22-Dec-15 03:55 AM, #14
Reply Don't hate the player, hate the system., Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 22-Dec-15 05:04 AM, #15
Reply Agree 110% on your hero-play comments. n/t, Yuno (Anonymous), 22-Dec-15 06:08 PM, #16
Reply Some people look at this game in terms of numbers and a..., TMNS, 22-Dec-15 11:07 PM, #17
Reply Quite tough, Varnon (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 04:45 PM, #8
Reply Gooorrr!, Tummel (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 12:23 PM, #7
Reply You were a formidable test of my patience, Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 11:15 AM, #6
Reply Super sad!, Akresius, 19-Dec-15 10:29 AM, #5
Reply Here I was looking for you., Drehir, 19-Dec-15 09:37 AM, #4
Reply My favorite rager in a couple of months, definitely NT, Kstatida, 19-Dec-15 09:07 AM, #3
Reply This makes me sad. I liked Gorrborno., Jormyr, 19-Dec-15 03:55 AM, #1
     Reply You mean... Moo, laxman, 19-Dec-15 09:04 AM, #2

Gorrborno (Anonymous)Mon 21-Dec-15 02:56 PM
Charter member
#126751, "Thanks for the cake."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks all for the cake.

Thank you to the immortals for the role contest win. Also thank the immortals for a great game and all the improvements that have been done, you are all great. Especially Arkesius. You just seem to get my characters, and I feel you are one of the best immortals out there.

I think the current immortal staff is amazing even with flaws, which everyone has. And that it is better than it ever was.

As to the players, I ran into some good ones, but this rage deletion comes from a place of unhappiness with the current state of hero level CF and asking myself why I play. I thrive and enjoy the battles, the conflict, the roleplay. The capture the flag, great cabal battles, and the desire to mix it up. This is quite evident at lower level with less concern over equipment.

But, I have found with my past few characters, and especially this one, a noticeable, gear locker style play by most hero level players. And this has a trickle down affect of lack of risk taking, hiding, only fighting if it is a 100% no risk situation. If I have your cabal item and I'm the only one defending and you don't at least make an attempt in 2 hours. And do that repeatedly, or log out, just doesn't sit well with me. If it is a pattern, really doesn't sit well with me. If those players then finally kill me, usually in a gang situation, brag like they are all that, and take 1/4 of my ####, it annoys the #### out of me. Especially after I have surprised them and killed them and left all their crap, repeatedly. And usually better but its just gear.

I wanted to create an environment of more risk, more fun, more battling, more healthy conflict. And through my actions of not looting, fighting almost always one on one, and not being a whiny bitch when I die, I hope to foster that. But I feel my efforts are wasted. And ultimately this is on me, not other players. I shouldn't let it affect me and accept the state of CF as it is. But... I just cannot get over it. So, I just cannot play.

Thanks for the cake. I'm closing the CF book for quite a long time if not forever.

LathlaerilMon 21-Dec-15 03:11 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126752, "RE: Thanks for the cake."
In response to Reply #9

For what it's worth, your attempt to make a better playing environment wasn't wasted. You might not remember, but all our fights seemed to end with me dead on that iron pike you used to lug around, and it was appreciated immensely that you were classy in victory and didn't loot.

Gorr was a beast and fun to have as an enemy. I had hoped to run into you more at hero, but sadly our play times didn't mesh as much as they did during the mid ranks.

Sad to see you go. I hope you come back sometimes.

WelverinMon 21-Dec-15 03:27 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#126754, "RE: Thanks for the cake."
In response to Reply #9

You do realize how tribunal powers like confiscate work right? Just asking because it kind of sounds like you were taking about that situation...

TJHuronMon 21-Dec-15 06:56 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126757, "RE: Thanks for the cake."
In response to Reply #9

I sympathize with what you are saying. I liked Gorr quite a bit. But we were on opposite ends of the moral spectrum so we didn't get too close. Great char nonetheless.

I find this post really, really interesting because if anyone bothered to read far enough in my goodbye thread with Terxaxous I said something very similar. The difference was I didn't get too far into my reasons, altough there is some commonality with the state of the game at hero.

Im intrigued at who the player is.

DallevianMon 21-Dec-15 10:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#126758, "awesome job!"
In response to Reply #9

i had two ragers that overlapped your char and you were super fun. always on the go, i loved it!

you are correct in your assessment. it would benefit the game a TON if something was done in terms of encouraging two things:

1- rewards for being the underdark
2- discourage band wagon

hopefully something is in the works because relying on players to self-fulfill or police it hasn't done anything other than sour or frustrate people.

cheers, you're exactly the type of player that makes CF FUN.

KstatidaTue 22-Dec-15 03:55 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126764, "Well, not my experience"
In response to Reply #9

I've died to you with several characters. Not even once you've left my crap intact

Adding to that, considering you were part of the cabal which is OOC-hated by many, having 1/4 stuff taken seems bearable.

Laeden Leech (Anonymous)Tue 22-Dec-15 05:04 AM
Charter member
#126765, "Don't hate the player, hate the system."
In response to Reply #9

Risk with no possible mileage out of it is stupid.

With my forms I knew you were 100% safe. You still got SOME fights. It just eventually proved to be a waste of time and preps.

If you took the scales I would've risked it to retrieve, because in that case there's something to gain from the risk - a successful retrieval.

Yuno (Anonymous)Tue 22-Dec-15 06:08 PM
Charter member
#126770, "Agree 110% on your hero-play comments. n/t"
In response to Reply #9

n/t

TMNSTue 22-Dec-15 11:07 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#126772, "Some people look at this game in terms of numbers and a..."
In response to Reply #9

And then other people look at this game in terms of being a Role-Playing game, and don't give two ####s about anything unless they break their RP or they don't think they can pull off the RP.

Varnon (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 04:45 PM
Charter member
#126711, "Quite tough"
In response to Reply #0

This one hurts. I enjoyed having you around. When I saw your things in the pit, I started cursing.

You were a huge boom for the village.

GLWYN.

Tummel (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 12:23 PM
Charter member
#126705, "Gooorrr!"
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed Gor. You are responsible for one of my favorite CF moments in recent memory which I may share at a later date.

I saw your things in the pit and held a couple of your items for you hoping you'd return, but alas.

GLWYN!

Laeden Leech (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 11:15 AM
Charter member
#126704, "You were a formidable test of my patience"
In response to Reply #0

You can crit while blind. Blows mind.

Anyway, I was getting beat up in any fight unless I got you blind and hitting something else, but even then you could just walk away. Then you would attack my guild while I was still recovering hp and mana. Then you would whine about me not fighting.

In the end I was just trying to discourage you by disarming and saccing your weapon... That's where you really started losing your ####. If you threaten me with full loot, and you already beat me up easily, and there's zero chance of you dying to me alone... guess what, I'm not taking any chances.

Then you died to a gank, and you started whining about weapons again.

I admit I could have handled it better. But I'm still so glad you're gone.

Good luck with your next.

AkresiusSat 19-Dec-15 10:29 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126701, "Super sad!"
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed watching this character. Your role was solid. You rage deleted after getting dispel critical. All three combine to make me a sad panda.

Good luck on your next.

DrehirSat 19-Dec-15 09:37 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126699, "Here I was looking for you."
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping to start watching you in action but then you go and rage delete. I see how you are... er, were. Good luck with your next.

KstatidaSat 19-Dec-15 09:07 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126698, "My favorite rager in a couple of months, definitely NT"
In response to Reply #0

NT

JormyrSat 19-Dec-15 03:55 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#126695, "This makes me sad. I liked Gorrborno."
In response to Reply #0

Boo.

laxmanSat 19-Dec-15 09:04 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#126697, "You mean... Moo"
In response to Reply #1

Gor was nuts. Tougher then nails, classy, and hilarious. Too bad there was never a rites.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126689 Previous topic | Next topic