Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Gorrborno Sque the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=126689
126689, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Gorrborno Sque the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Dec 18 18:29:36 2015

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Gorrborno perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:198
126751, Thanks for the cake.
Posted by Gorrborno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks all for the cake.

Thank you to the immortals for the role contest win. Also thank the immortals for a great game and all the improvements that have been done, you are all great. Especially Arkesius. You just seem to get my characters, and I feel you are one of the best immortals out there.

I think the current immortal staff is amazing even with flaws, which everyone has. And that it is better than it ever was.

As to the players, I ran into some good ones, but this rage deletion comes from a place of unhappiness with the current state of hero level CF and asking myself why I play. I thrive and enjoy the battles, the conflict, the roleplay. The capture the flag, great cabal battles, and the desire to mix it up. This is quite evident at lower level with less concern over equipment.

But, I have found with my past few characters, and especially this one, a noticeable, gear locker style play by most hero level players. And this has a trickle down affect of lack of risk taking, hiding, only fighting if it is a 100% no risk situation. If I have your cabal item and I'm the only one defending and you don't at least make an attempt in 2 hours. And do that repeatedly, or log out, just doesn't sit well with me. If it is a pattern, really doesn't sit well with me. If those players then finally kill me, usually in a gang situation, brag like they are all that, and take 1/4 of my ####, it annoys the #### out of me. Especially after I have surprised them and killed them and left all their crap, repeatedly. And usually better but its just gear.

I wanted to create an environment of more risk, more fun, more battling, more healthy conflict. And through my actions of not looting, fighting almost always one on one, and not being a whiny bitch when I die, I hope to foster that. But I feel my efforts are wasted. And ultimately this is on me, not other players. I shouldn't let it affect me and accept the state of CF as it is. But... I just cannot get over it. So, I just cannot play.

Thanks for the cake. I'm closing the CF book for quite a long time if not forever.

126752, RE: Thanks for the cake.
Posted by Lathlaeril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what it's worth, your attempt to make a better playing environment wasn't wasted. You might not remember, but all our fights seemed to end with me dead on that iron pike you used to lug around, and it was appreciated immensely that you were classy in victory and didn't loot.

Gorr was a beast and fun to have as an enemy. I had hoped to run into you more at hero, but sadly our play times didn't mesh as much as they did during the mid ranks.

Sad to see you go. I hope you come back sometimes.
126754, RE: Thanks for the cake.
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You do realize how tribunal powers like confiscate work right? Just asking because it kind of sounds like you were taking about that situation...
126757, RE: Thanks for the cake.
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I sympathize with what you are saying. I liked Gorr quite a bit. But we were on opposite ends of the moral spectrum so we didn't get too close. Great char nonetheless.

I find this post really, really interesting because if anyone bothered to read far enough in my goodbye thread with Terxaxous I said something very similar. The difference was I didn't get too far into my reasons, altough there is some commonality with the state of the game at hero.

Im intrigued at who the player is.
126758, awesome job!
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i had two ragers that overlapped your char and you were super fun. always on the go, i loved it!

you are correct in your assessment. it would benefit the game a TON if something was done in terms of encouraging two things:

1- rewards for being the underdark
2- discourage band wagon

hopefully something is in the works because relying on players to self-fulfill or police it hasn't done anything other than sour or frustrate people.

cheers, you're exactly the type of player that makes CF FUN.
126764, Well, not my experience
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've died to you with several characters. Not even once you've left my crap intact :)

Adding to that, considering you were part of the cabal which is OOC-hated by many, having 1/4 stuff taken seems bearable.
126765, Don't hate the player, hate the system.
Posted by Laeden Leech on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Risk with no possible mileage out of it is stupid.

With my forms I knew you were 100% safe. You still got SOME fights. It just eventually proved to be a waste of time and preps.

If you took the scales I would've risked it to retrieve, because in that case there's something to gain from the risk - a successful retrieval.
126770, Agree 110% on your hero-play comments. n/t
Posted by Yuno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
126772, Some people look at this game in terms of numbers and achievements.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And then other people look at this game in terms of being a Role-Playing game, and don't give two ####s about anything unless they break their RP or they don't think they can pull off the RP.
126711, Quite tough
Posted by Varnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This one hurts. I enjoyed having you around. When I saw your things in the pit, I started cursing.

You were a huge boom for the village.

GLWYN.
126705, Gooorrr!
Posted by Tummel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed Gor. You are responsible for one of my favorite CF moments in recent memory which I may share at a later date.

I saw your things in the pit and held a couple of your items for you hoping you'd return, but alas.

GLWYN!
126704, You were a formidable test of my patience
Posted by Laeden Leech on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can crit while blind. Blows mind.

Anyway, I was getting beat up in any fight unless I got you blind and hitting something else, but even then you could just walk away. Then you would attack my guild while I was still recovering hp and mana. Then you would whine about me not fighting.

In the end I was just trying to discourage you by disarming and saccing your weapon... That's where you really started losing your ####. If you threaten me with full loot, and you already beat me up easily, and there's zero chance of you dying to me alone... guess what, I'm not taking any chances.

Then you died to a gank, and you started whining about weapons again.

I admit I could have handled it better. But I'm still so glad you're gone.

Good luck with your next.
126701, Super sad!
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed watching this character. Your role was solid. You rage deleted after getting dispel critical. All three combine to make me a sad panda.

Good luck on your next. :-)
126699, Here I was looking for you.
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping to start watching you in action but then you go and rage delete. I see how you are... er, were. Good luck with your next.
126698, My favorite rager in a couple of months, definitely NT
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
126695, This makes me sad. I liked Gorrborno.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boo.
126697, You mean... Moo
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gor was nuts. Tougher then nails, classy, and hilarious. Too bad there was never a rites.