Subject: "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Ayfe Gho the Taiotoshi" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125604
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 20-Sep-15 12:44 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125604, "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Ayfe Gho the Taiotoshi"

Sun Sep 20 00:41:57 2015

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Ayfe perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:134

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Started fun but just lost steam when I couldn't play fo..., Ayfe (Anonymous), 20-Sep-15 11:53 AM, #1
     Reply Well no wonder, Kstatida, 20-Sep-15 01:19 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Well no wonder, incognito, 20-Sep-15 02:26 PM, #3
     Reply Sorry for not having fun by dying repeatedly, Kstatida, 20-Sep-15 02:36 PM, #4
          Reply Oh - I never complained., Ayfe (Anonymous), 20-Sep-15 08:30 PM, #8
          Reply Misunderstanding then, Kstatida, 21-Sep-15 08:17 AM, #13
          Reply And it is different for others, incognito, 21-Sep-15 12:48 AM, #9
               Reply You're obsessed with fairweather stuff, Kstatida, 21-Sep-15 07:42 AM, #12
     Reply Sorry I ruined your fun..., Ayfe (Anonymous), 20-Sep-15 08:26 PM, #6
          Reply Man, my fun is impossible to ruin :), Kstatida, 21-Sep-15 07:33 AM, #11
     Reply My last hope...., TMNS, 20-Sep-15 06:28 PM, #5
     Reply I had a role? j/k, AYfe (Anonymous), 20-Sep-15 08:29 PM, #7
          Reply Really liked the progression. +1. nt, TMNS, 21-Sep-15 07:03 AM, #10
     Reply Gosh you were tough!, Beer, 23-Sep-15 04:06 PM, #14
          Reply Yeah.. one day we were fighting, the next you were 51., Ayfe (Anonymous), 24-Sep-15 09:12 PM, #15

Ayfe (Anonymous)Sun 20-Sep-15 11:53 AM
Charter member
#125606, "Started fun but just lost steam when I couldn't play fo..."
In response to Reply #0

Inconsistent play times. Very few people around while I was logged on. Ended up hanging around too long just because I really *wanted* to get into this char... but couldn't.

Anyways, I've been here on CF a long time. I'm sure I'll be back at some point.

Doubt I was memorable to anyone, but hit me up if I did make any impression (good or bad) so I can improve my next char around.

KstatidaSun 20-Sep-15 01:19 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125608, "Well no wonder"
In response to Reply #1

People started to evade you (I dropped at least one character b/c you were around), because levelsitting scarab assassin w/ nightwalker is just no fun when your own build is not complete yet.

incognitoSun 20-Sep-15 02:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125609, "RE: Well no wonder"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sun 20-Sep-15 02:26 PM

Weak sauce.

Seriously, fair weather play is not good for the game, overall.

Particularly as said assassin has minimal cabal powers.

KstatidaSun 20-Sep-15 02:36 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125610, "Sorry for not having fun by dying repeatedly"
In response to Reply #3

Assassin is arguably the strongest class on midlevel, and there were two of them, Ayfe and Galien simultaneously. Both of them had nightwalkers, might be "minimal", but that's all the cabal powers midlevel assassin can dream of.

Dealing with them on a character with no interest for midlevel PK is too much for my weak spirits, so I dropped the character in question. I doubt I was the only one, considering the man complained on "inconsistent play times" and having no people around.

P.S. Oh and I've killed both, don't you worry

Ayfe (Anonymous)Sun 20-Sep-15 08:30 PM
Charter member
#125615, "Oh - I never complained."
In response to Reply #4

My playtimes waned because my life was busy. That's all. Not because you logged out to avoid me.

KstatidaMon 21-Sep-15 08:17 AM
2214 posts
#125622, "Misunderstanding then"
In response to Reply #8

Doesn't change the fact that I did quit out a couple of times which subsequently led to character abandon

incognitoMon 21-Sep-15 12:48 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125617, "And it is different for others"
In response to Reply #4

Dealing with a cloud ranger at hero?

It's not really fair if you log out to avoid the times when you are at a disadvantage. And I would argue whether those mid level assassins are as much of a threat as you seem to think. Those that are would probably be a threat at hero too.

Which reminds me. Martial trance should require more stalks to get the dam redux.

KstatidaMon 21-Sep-15 07:42 AM
2214 posts
#125620, "You're obsessed with fairweather stuff"
In response to Reply #9

I'm not a fairweather player and I actually enjoy playing as underdog - it gives me the thrill of challenge. But that's when I play as an underdog who's into PK.

What I don't enjoy is ranking through levelsitting randomly murderous assassins (I've experienced this from the levelsitting assassin side as well and well, quitting is typical) when I'm not into PK.

Running circles in order to struggle through ranking is plainly tiresome, I just log in with another character if I'm forced to do it.

Ayfe (Anonymous)Sun 20-Sep-15 08:26 PM
Charter member
#125613, "Sorry I ruined your fun..."
In response to Reply #2

Really.

I wasn't really a level sitter. I took a long time to level up - and then lost interest at lvl 36. Most of my kills while I was leveling up... and I wasn't particularly deathful.

I don't think people would log out to avoid me all that often (outside of people logging off after they were marked and then logging back in soon afterwards).. it was more me logging in to zero people in range.

And I only tried to assassinate two or three times - all unsuccessful.

Oh, and if Galien worried you, you must be a newb... that guy was less deathful than me

KstatidaMon 21-Sep-15 07:33 AM
2214 posts
#125619, "Man, my fun is impossible to ruin :)"
In response to Reply #6

I just stopped playing one character of which I have dozen If I forgot about him and he autodeleted - well it means that he wasn't much fun to play to begin with.

You asked for impressions, I gave you one. That's all.

TMNSSun 20-Sep-15 06:28 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125611, "My last hope...."
In response to Reply #1

How'd ya like the role as it played out?

Sorry again my 'contest' lost any momentum it had...but now I kinda feel for IMMs like Amaranthe/Thror.

AYfe (Anonymous)Sun 20-Sep-15 08:29 PM
Charter member
#125614, "I had a role? j/k"
In response to Reply #5

Really, I doctored it up a little bit, but not much. It suited me pretty well, as I'm an older guy now (married and such) and the wife/work/life take precedence over this game. So, less vocal loner-types agree with me. Less people to disappoint when I have to log out quickly.

I'll buy the PBF so you can see how little I touched it up, and how I evolved it.

TMNSMon 21-Sep-15 07:03 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#125618, "Really liked the progression. +1. nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

BeerWed 23-Sep-15 04:06 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125661, "Gosh you were tough!"
In response to Reply #1

Loved the fights as Mokhko! Nice little roleplay and nemesis thing going on. Shame I got bored and powerranked...could have been nice to give you a go again!

Ayfe (Anonymous)Thu 24-Sep-15 09:12 PM
Charter member
#125670, "Yeah.. one day we were fighting, the next you were 51."
In response to Reply #14

People may say I level sat, but I really just enjoy the ride... and typically rank alone in between pking.

Alas, I never got to hero to beat you up again

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125604 Previous topic | Next topic