Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCARAB] Ayfe Gho the Taiotoshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125604
125604, (DELETED) [SCARAB] Ayfe Gho the Taiotoshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 20 00:41:57 2015

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Ayfe perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:134
125606, Started fun but just lost steam when I couldn't play for a while...
Posted by Ayfe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Inconsistent play times. Very few people around while I was logged on. Ended up hanging around too long just because I really *wanted* to get into this char... but couldn't.

Anyways, I've been here on CF a long time. I'm sure I'll be back at some point.

Doubt I was memorable to anyone, but hit me up if I did make any impression (good or bad) so I can improve my next char around.
125608, Well no wonder
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People started to evade you (I dropped at least one character b/c you were around), because levelsitting scarab assassin w/ nightwalker is just no fun when your own build is not complete yet.
125609, RE: Well no wonder
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Weak sauce.

Seriously, fair weather play is not good for the game, overall.

Particularly as said assassin has minimal cabal powers.
125610, Sorry for not having fun by dying repeatedly
Assassin is arguably the strongest class on midlevel, and there were two of them, Ayfe and Galien simultaneously. Both of them had nightwalkers, might be "minimal", but that's all the cabal powers midlevel assassin can dream of.

Dealing with them on a character with no interest for midlevel PK is too much for my weak spirits, so I dropped the character in question. I doubt I was the only one, considering the man complained on "inconsistent play times" and having no people around.

P.S. Oh and I've killed both, don't you worry :)
125615, Oh - I never complained.
My playtimes waned because my life was busy. That's all. Not because you logged out to avoid me.
125622, Misunderstanding then
Doesn't change the fact that I did quit out a couple of times which subsequently led to character abandon :)
125617, And it is different for others
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dealing with a cloud ranger at hero?

It's not really fair if you log out to avoid the times when you are at a disadvantage. And I would argue whether those mid level assassins are as much of a threat as you seem to think. Those that are would probably be a threat at hero too.

Which reminds me. Martial trance should require more stalks to get the dam redux.
125620, You're obsessed with fairweather stuff
I'm not a fairweather player and I actually enjoy playing as underdog - it gives me the thrill of challenge. But that's when I play as an underdog who's into PK.

What I don't enjoy is ranking through levelsitting randomly murderous assassins (I've experienced this from the levelsitting assassin side as well and well, quitting is typical) when I'm not into PK.

Running circles in order to struggle through ranking is plainly tiresome, I just log in with another character if I'm forced to do it.
125613, Sorry I ruined your fun...
Really.

I wasn't really a level sitter. I took a long time to level up - and then lost interest at lvl 36. Most of my kills while I was leveling up... and I wasn't particularly deathful.

I don't think people would log out to avoid me all that often (outside of people logging off after they were marked and then logging back in soon afterwards).. it was more me logging in to zero people in range.

And I only tried to assassinate two or three times - all unsuccessful.

Oh, and if Galien worried you, you must be a newb... that guy was less deathful than me :)
125619, Man, my fun is impossible to ruin :)
I just stopped playing one character of which I have dozen :) If I forgot about him and he autodeleted - well it means that he wasn't much fun to play to begin with.

You asked for impressions, I gave you one. That's all.
125611, My last hope....
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How'd ya like the role as it played out?

Sorry again my 'contest' lost any momentum it had...but now I kinda feel for IMMs like Amaranthe/Thror.
125614, I had a role? j/k
Posted by AYfe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really, I doctored it up a little bit, but not much. It suited me pretty well, as I'm an older guy now (married and such) and the wife/work/life take precedence over this game. So, less vocal loner-types agree with me. Less people to disappoint when I have to log out quickly.

I'll buy the PBF so you can see how little I touched it up, and how I evolved it.
125618, Really liked the progression. +1. nt
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
125661, Gosh you were tough!
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved the fights as Mokhko! Nice little roleplay and nemesis thing going on. Shame I got bored and powerranked...could have been nice to give you a go again!
125670, Yeah.. one day we were fighting, the next you were 51.
People may say I level sat, but I really just enjoy the ride... and typically rank alone in between pking.

Alas, I never got to hero to beat you up again :)