Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124645
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 17-Jun-15 10:24 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124645, "(DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls, Hunted by Battle"

Wed Jun 17 10:23:41 2015

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Kobuk perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:175

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Noooooooo!, Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 17-Jun-15 02:17 PM, #18
Reply I had fun fighting you!, Sarien, 17-Jun-15 03:45 PM, #1
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of..., Malakhi, 17-Jun-15 08:31 PM, #4
Reply Mundunugu benefit. They heal "doubly" from blood., TMNS, 17-Jun-15 08:33 PM, #5
Reply incoming nerf nt, Scrimbul, 19-Jun-15 04:41 PM, #10
     Reply Orcs have taken a lot of nerfs already, KaguMaru, 19-Jun-15 04:55 PM, #11
          Reply There used to be a time when people laughed at orcs, Murphy, 19-Jun-15 05:32 PM, #12
               Reply RE: There used to be a time when people laughed at orcs, Jhyrbian, 19-Jun-15 11:08 PM, #13
                    Reply But what changed?, Murphy, 19-Jun-15 11:13 PM, #14
                         Reply They got a ton of new skills. NT, TMNS, 20-Jun-15 01:25 AM, #15
                              Reply They got smear, skulk, and grit. You really think that ..., jalbrin, 20-Jun-15 05:30 PM, #16
                                   Reply Yes they are, laxman, 20-Jun-15 05:53 PM, #17
Reply Sanguine Adaptation, Sarien, 18-Jun-15 07:12 AM, #7
Reply Some goodbyes:, Sarien, 17-Jun-15 03:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes:, Aufang (Anonymous), 17-Jun-15 05:00 PM, #3
     Reply I lolled at your "tribute!" comment., Kowelu Rizzle (Anonymous), 17-Jun-15 08:42 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I lolled at your , Sarien, 18-Jun-15 06:48 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes:, Gryshilniar, 18-Jun-15 03:59 PM, #9

Luthantulas2 (Anonymous)Sun 20-Mar-16 05:43 PM
Charter member
#124647, "Noooooooo!"
In response to Reply #0

You were slippery than a wet bar of soap in the gulag shower. GLWYN.

SarienWed 17-Jun-15 03:44 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124650, "I had fun fighting you!"
In response to Reply #18
Edited on Wed 17-Jun-15 03:45 PM

Always a good time!

MalakhiWed 17-Jun-15 08:31 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124654, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of..."
In response to Reply #0

The thing that impressed me most about this character is how fast you would regain like 500 hp.

I thought it might be an edge, but I looked at your PBF, and it wasn't. I had absolutely no idea orcs were capable of that.

TMNSWed 17-Jun-15 08:33 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#124655, "Mundunugu benefit. They heal "doubly" from blood."
In response to Reply #4

Why I always liked that adapt more than most.

ScrimbulFri 19-Jun-15 04:41 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#124661, "incoming nerf nt"
In response to Reply #5

KaguMaruFri 19-Jun-15 04:55 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#124662, "Orcs have taken a lot of nerfs already"
In response to Reply #10

They're no longer the juggernauts they once were but they're still very strong.

MurphyFri 19-Jun-15 05:32 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124663, "There used to be a time when people laughed at orcs"
In response to Reply #11

and they were widely thought of as pk punching bags.
True story.

JhyrbianFri 19-Jun-15 11:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124668, "RE: There used to be a time when people laughed at orcs"
In response to Reply #12

because they were punching bags!

MurphyFri 19-Jun-15 11:13 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124669, "But what changed?"
In response to Reply #13

nt

TMNSSat 20-Jun-15 01:25 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#124670, "They got a ton of new skills. NT"
In response to Reply #14

nt

jalbrinSat 20-Jun-15 05:30 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#124674, "They got smear, skulk, and grit. You really think that ..."
In response to Reply #15

They're decent niche skills, but not game changing. .

laxmanSat 20-Jun-15 05:53 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#124675, "Yes they are"
In response to Reply #16

They also got bully which is massively game changing

SarienThu 18-Jun-15 06:47 AM
740 posts
#124657, "Sanguine Adaptation"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Thu 18-Jun-15 07:12 AM

That skill was actually the reason I decided to go Mundunugu over Shig-Ru/Mamlauk. I had figured since oily's had been nerfed by about 50% total blood in them, that doubling healing would be like playing an "oldschool orc" The Orc I had played prior - Fegul was prior to the changes to oily's.

It saved my rump more than once. Taking a drink of blood and healing between 15-20% total health at hero is pretty slick.

SarienWed 17-Jun-15 03:46 PM
740 posts
#124651, "Some goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #0

I really had a good amount of fun playing Kobuk. It just took a lot of time to keep up with the needed preps/blood/etc to compete at hero. Also, I found the character to be pretty feast/famine when it came to success. There were builds I absolutely hands down dominated, and those which absolutely dominated me. Most of my interactions were quite positive, I tried to RP a rude/crude/nasty Orc as best I could. I maybe got carried away a few times, for that I apologize. I wish I had put more thought into the character, I never wrote a role and while I realize "late is better than never" I never could seem to think of one that didn't sound somewhat lame to me. Knowing that I'd done better with past characters RP wise I started to lose a bit of connection with this character. I spent too much time bashing, and not enough time fleshing out who he was. RL is picking up, and I didn't like the idea of holding a leader spot while that is true - so I decided to delete. I'll be playing in some form (100% a CF addict) but, I won't be seeking any chief/leader positions.

On to goodbyes:

Azhag - my Orc pal. We ran together quite a bit and it was always a blast. I found myself envious of certain Shig-Ru functions while also being thankful for some of the Mundunugu powers I had chosen. Good luck with chief!

Ugluzkur - what happened? Did our play times just stop aligning?

Hitrilipimi - Runt chief of law, Although Kobuk was Chaotic I really did pal up with you. I enjoyed our interactions as well as our travels. And, I hope that you can reverse the no orcs in galadon business as discussed

Jermet - The ugliest thing alive. Kobuk acted as though you were serving him when confronted by others (Including IMM's) however, I think it was much more a mutually beneficial relationship. It did allow for either of us to act like we were 'using' the other haha. I enjoyed running around with you as well.

Adesoka - Alright cappy, I so wanted to kill you and I was damn close at least 3-4 times...I was peeved that you con died when you did. I still think STSF elf is a rough fight for an Orc.

Luthantulas - I hate hate hated that you would summon me...like...always. Thankfully only my slave would run off (Still utterly annoying) and I'd generally be able to slowly walk the horde towards you. Good fights.

Obughum - I can't believe how well I did vs you. You got me once or twice I think, but I held my own quite well - which was surprising. Druids are a tough fight.

Bartlemore - my young duergar buddy - wtf happened to you.

Sindrir - I wanted to take part in your overthrow, but alas it was not meant to be.

Thrakburzug - Thank you for the interactions - I really wanted to earn your tattoo, however I pulled the trigger on a deletion I had been mulling over. Sorry if I disappointed you.

I even liked my elf-lovin' title. Although when tremblefist threatened to squelch me I got a little snotty - sorry for that.

Aufang (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jun-15 05:00 PM
Charter member
#124652, "RE: Some goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

It was fun having a common enemy with you. I was not really looking forward to having to take you on when darkness swayed but your deletion took care of that. A job well done, shame to see you delete as you seemed to be doing very well.

Kowelu Rizzle (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jun-15 08:42 PM
Charter member
#124656, "I lolled at your "tribute!" comment."
In response to Reply #2

You were a major part of my pet project with the GSC. Hope you enjoyed it

SarienThu 18-Jun-15 06:48 AM
740 posts
#124658, "RE: I lolled at your "
In response to Reply #6

I did! Thank you for interacting with me - sorry I missed you on my goodbye thread. I was a bit strapped for time when I wrote it.

GryshilniarThu 18-Jun-15 03:59 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124660, "RE: Some goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

Very well done. One of the beautiful things about CF is how interesting matchups can be. For example we basically had opposite PK ratios (as in you were twice as deathful as I was), but my combo was pretty much a terror for you. It's stuff like that that makes CF intriguing trying to think of what combo will do well against what and so on.

I was a big fan of Kobuk, and I still laugh thinking about that time after I got you in the Ugruks when you showed me soot ritual and that awesome orc skill where you can swallow potions. The echoes to those are so well written, and even had Adesoka the jade bitter Captain laughing.

GLWYN!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124645 Previous topic | Next topic