Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls, Hunted by Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124645
124645, (DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls, Hunted by Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 17 10:23:41 2015

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Kobuk perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:175
124647, Noooooooo!
Posted by Luthantulas2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were slippery than a wet bar of soap in the gulag shower. GLWYN.
124650, I had fun fighting you!
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always a good time!
124654, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kobuk Spineripper the Chieftain of...
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The thing that impressed me most about this character is how fast you would regain like 500 hp.

I thought it might be an edge, but I looked at your PBF, and it wasn't. I had absolutely no idea orcs were capable of that.
124655, Mundunugu benefit. They heal "doubly" from blood.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why I always liked that adapt more than most.
124661, incoming nerf nt
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
124662, Orcs have taken a lot of nerfs already
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're no longer the juggernauts they once were but they're still very strong.
124663, There used to be a time when people laughed at orcs
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and they were widely thought of as pk punching bags.
True story.
124668, RE: There used to be a time when people laughed at orcs
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because they were punching bags!
124669, But what changed?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
124670, They got a ton of new skills. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
124674, They got smear, skulk, and grit. You really think that was what made the difference?
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're decent niche skills, but not game changing. .
124675, Yes they are
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They also got bully which is massively game changing
124657, Sanguine Adaptation
That skill was actually the reason I decided to go Mundunugu over Shig-Ru/Mamlauk. I had figured since oily's had been nerfed by about 50% total blood in them, that doubling healing would be like playing an "oldschool orc" The Orc I had played prior - Fegul was prior to the changes to oily's.

It saved my rump more than once. Taking a drink of blood and healing between 15-20% total health at hero is pretty slick.
124651, Some goodbyes:
I really had a good amount of fun playing Kobuk. It just took a lot of time to keep up with the needed preps/blood/etc to compete at hero. Also, I found the character to be pretty feast/famine when it came to success. There were builds I absolutely hands down dominated, and those which absolutely dominated me. Most of my interactions were quite positive, I tried to RP a rude/crude/nasty Orc as best I could. I maybe got carried away a few times, for that I apologize. I wish I had put more thought into the character, I never wrote a role and while I realize "late is better than never" I never could seem to think of one that didn't sound somewhat lame to me. Knowing that I'd done better with past characters RP wise I started to lose a bit of connection with this character. I spent too much time bashing, and not enough time fleshing out who he was. RL is picking up, and I didn't like the idea of holding a leader spot while that is true - so I decided to delete. I'll be playing in some form (100% a CF addict) but, I won't be seeking any chief/leader positions.

On to goodbyes:

Azhag - my Orc pal. We ran together quite a bit and it was always a blast. I found myself envious of certain Shig-Ru functions while also being thankful for some of the Mundunugu powers I had chosen. Good luck with chief!

Ugluzkur - what happened? Did our play times just stop aligning?

Hitrilipimi - Runt chief of law, Although Kobuk was Chaotic I really did pal up with you. I enjoyed our interactions as well as our travels. And, I hope that you can reverse the no orcs in galadon business as discussed :P

Jermet - The ugliest thing alive. Kobuk acted as though you were serving him when confronted by others (Including IMM's) however, I think it was much more a mutually beneficial relationship. It did allow for either of us to act like we were 'using' the other haha. I enjoyed running around with you as well.

Adesoka - Alright cappy, I so wanted to kill you and I was damn close at least 3-4 times...I was peeved that you con died when you did. I still think STSF elf is a rough fight for an Orc.

Luthantulas - I hate hate hated that you would summon me...like...always. Thankfully only my slave would run off (Still utterly annoying) and I'd generally be able to slowly walk the horde towards you. Good fights.

Obughum - I can't believe how well I did vs you. You got me once or twice I think, but I held my own quite well - which was surprising. Druids are a tough fight.

Bartlemore - my young duergar buddy - wtf happened to you.

Sindrir - I wanted to take part in your overthrow, but alas it was not meant to be.

Thrakburzug - Thank you for the interactions - I really wanted to earn your tattoo, however I pulled the trigger on a deletion I had been mulling over. Sorry if I disappointed you.

I even liked my elf-lovin' title. Although when tremblefist threatened to squelch me I got a little snotty - sorry for that.

124652, RE: Some goodbyes:
Posted by Aufang on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun having a common enemy with you. I was not really looking forward to having to take you on when darkness swayed but your deletion took care of that. A job well done, shame to see you delete as you seemed to be doing very well.
124656, I lolled at your "tribute!" comment.
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a major part of my pet project with the GSC. Hope you enjoyed it :)
124658, RE: I lolled at your
I did! Thank you for interacting with me - sorry I missed you on my goodbye thread. I was a bit strapped for time when I wrote it.

124660, RE: Some goodbyes:
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very well done. One of the beautiful things about CF is how interesting matchups can be. For example we basically had opposite PK ratios (as in you were twice as deathful as I was), but my combo was pretty much a terror for you. It's stuff like that that makes CF intriguing trying to think of what combo will do well against what and so on.

I was a big fan of Kobuk, and I still laugh thinking about that time after I got you in the Ugruks when you showed me soot ritual and that awesome orc skill where you can swallow potions. The echoes to those are so well written, and even had Adesoka the jade bitter Captain laughing.

GLWYN!