Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Rarhari Ri'karim the Champion of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123567
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 24-Feb-15 10:48 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123567, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Rarhari Ri'karim the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Tue Feb 24 09:47:32 2015

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Rarhari perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:70

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Out of interest, incognito, 24-Feb-15 12:21 PM, #1
     Reply I'm not sure how you would think this is a power build ..., Lhydia, 24-Feb-15 12:42 PM, #2
     Reply It's the lack of dual wield I missed, incognito, 25-Feb-15 01:54 AM, #6
          Reply Oh okay, I made the same mistake when that 2-hander fel..., Lhydia, 25-Feb-15 08:00 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Out of interest, Rarhari (Anonymous), 24-Feb-15 01:53 PM, #3
     Reply No dual wield, Artificial, 24-Feb-15 02:04 PM, #4
          Reply Ok. That's what I overlooked, incognito, 25-Feb-15 01:52 AM, #5

incognitoTue 24-Feb-15 12:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123568, "Out of interest"
In response to Reply #0

How was this character adjusted to maintain balance? Because on the face of it a felar champion is a lot stronger than other champions, especially if they ultimately Maran.

I know normally there's some reduced stats in there but it isn't clear to me which stats might have been reduced to achieve balance.

Liked the char even if I got badly confused once when another pally with a similar name came after me and I didn't notice it wasn't rarhari.

LhydiaTue 24-Feb-15 12:42 PM
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123569, "I'm not sure how you would think this is a power build ..."
In response to Reply #1

As far as Paladins go felar are horrible for it and it probably led to this auto-delete.

incognitoWed 25-Feb-15 01:54 AM
4495 posts
#123575, "It's the lack of dual wield I missed"
In response to Reply #2

Because with dual wield you'd have way more attacks than other champions and also at some point Maran to cover fire vuln. Without dual wield I totally agree this is no power build.

LhydiaWed 25-Feb-15 08:00 AM
2390 posts
#123576, "Oh okay, I made the same mistake when that 2-hander fel..."
In response to Reply #6

gr

Rarhari (Anonymous)Tue 24-Feb-15 01:53 PM
Charter member
#123570, "RE: Out of interest"
In response to Reply #1

I had a lot of fun early on with this character, but as the fortie crew or paladins i came up with deleted i really felt out of place. Wanted to see if i could rekindle interest but it just didn't happen.

Thanks Baer for the opportunity, you did a great job and i enjoyed the time I played this character.

As for the build, it was fun but by no means OP. I've played a few paladins and he wasn't close to the toughest i've played. Felar con is nice, but claws are a minor factor without the dual wield skill and the mana is rough. Strength handicaps were rough as well. But it was still a fun ride.

Thanks to all that i interacted with, i tried to fight whenever possible without much thought to preps/gear. Liantae, Trekberg and Magner were all particularly tough!

Have fun out there!

ArtificialTue 24-Feb-15 02:04 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#123571, "No dual wield"
In response to Reply #1

Means that you rarely get the claw attacks. So overall I'd call this a pretty weak build for a paladin.

incognitoWed 25-Feb-15 01:52 AM
4495 posts
#123574, "Ok. That's what I overlooked"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123567 Previous topic | Next topic