Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Rarhari Ri'karim the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123567
123567, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Rarhari Ri'karim the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Feb 24 09:47:32 2015

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Rarhari perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:70
123568, Out of interest
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How was this character adjusted to maintain balance? Because on the face of it a felar champion is a lot stronger than other champions, especially if they ultimately Maran.

I know normally there's some reduced stats in there but it isn't clear to me which stats might have been reduced to achieve balance.

Liked the char even if I got badly confused once when another pally with a similar name came after me and I didn't notice it wasn't rarhari.
123569, I'm not sure how you would think this is a power build and stats would need adjusting.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as Paladins go felar are horrible for it and it probably led to this auto-delete.
123575, It's the lack of dual wield I missed
Because with dual wield you'd have way more attacks than other champions and also at some point Maran to cover fire vuln. Without dual wield I totally agree this is no power build.
123576, Oh okay, I made the same mistake when that 2-hander felar came out a bit ago. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
123570, RE: Out of interest
Posted by Rarhari on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a lot of fun early on with this character, but as the fortie crew or paladins i came up with deleted i really felt out of place. Wanted to see if i could rekindle interest but it just didn't happen.

Thanks Baer for the opportunity, you did a great job and i enjoyed the time I played this character.

As for the build, it was fun but by no means OP. I've played a few paladins and he wasn't close to the toughest i've played. Felar con is nice, but claws are a minor factor without the dual wield skill and the mana is rough. Strength handicaps were rough as well. But it was still a fun ride.

Thanks to all that i interacted with, i tried to fight whenever possible without much thought to preps/gear. Liantae, Trekberg and Magner were all particularly tough!

Have fun out there!
123571, No dual wield
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Means that you rarely get the claw attacks. So overall I'd call this a pretty weak build for a paladin.
123574, Ok. That's what I overlooked
Thanks