Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Xiluak the Master of Offense" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122978
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-Jan-15 07:20 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122978, "(DELETED) [None] Xiluak the Master of Offense"

Thu Jan 15 18:16:24 2015

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Xiluak perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:31
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:14

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nice, Ychram (Anonymous), 16-Jan-15 01:51 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Nice, TheBluestThumb, 16-Jan-15 02:54 AM, #2
     Reply Concerned over your 14 hour character that you were jus..., Ychram (Anonymous), 16-Jan-15 04:50 AM, #3
          Reply You REALLY need to _STOP_ complaining when you lose unh..., Sarien, 16-Jan-15 08:29 AM, #4
          Reply Advice:, Tsunami, 16-Jan-15 09:56 AM, #6
          Reply You need to quit complaining., Aereglen, 16-Jan-15 01:53 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Concerned over your 14 hour character that you were..., TheBluestThumb, 16-Jan-15 05:00 PM, #10
               Reply No, I didn't play back then, Ychram (Anonymous), 16-Jan-15 06:25 PM, #11
     Reply so you're the cheater with a disarm trigger, eh? nt, Dallevian, 16-Jan-15 09:38 AM, #5
          Reply No I read his post on dio's wrong, Ychram (Anonymous), 16-Jan-15 10:01 AM, #7
               Reply ahh. cool. go rock out in game, less forum posting yo..., Dallevian, 16-Jan-15 10:09 AM, #8

Ychram (Anonymous)Fri 16-Jan-15 01:51 AM
Charter member
#122983, "Nice"
In response to Reply #0

At 14 hours your entire character was worth about 1/6th of what you destroyed with a disarm trigger. It would be funny if I weren't so bitter.

TheBluestThumbFri 16-Jan-15 02:54 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122984, "RE: Nice"
In response to Reply #1

Dude. You came at me. I killed you. I destroyed your unholies.

I took what gear I needed, I left you my spares.

You proceeded to bitch, moan and threaten me with a full loot. I STARTED to sac and then remembered that I'm not that guy. Sacced two pieces of gear and went on my merry way.

You lost I think a grand total of three weapons and two items (not counting the gear I left while leaving spare gear for you...which wasn't ####ty, like two of the good pitch black rings)

Grow a pair, if you don't like running the risk of losing your weapon, don't play an AP. I usually don't sac weapons but you seemed to be getting tough enough and I was genuinely concerned about you building into controls > hell groups > powerhouse. So I took you down and nullified it.

Ychram (Anonymous)Fri 16-Jan-15 04:50 AM
Charter member
#122985, "Concerned over your 14 hour character that you were jus..."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah I can understand that losing 1/3 con on a throwaway must have been a serious concern for you.

You took four pieces at least, I saw you wearing both rings and both bracelets. I don't grudge you that. And yeah, I bitched a little too much. But you are that guy. The only reason to sac weapons is to weaken the guy. 2/3 were 0 chargers by the way. The same logic says you should full sac them. I'm not wrong.

SarienFri 16-Jan-15 08:29 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#122988, "You REALLY need to _STOP_ complaining when you lose unh..."
In response to Reply #3

Its just a flat out defacto thing that is going to happen when you play AP's. Granted, some people may not sac the weapon - most will.

If you can't handle it without some sort of OOC snark, then I recommend playing a diff class. Seriously dude...people gonna sac it without reason/warning. Every PK loss you should assume that #### is sacc'd

and no, it isn't the same as a full sac/loot to the pies.

TsunamiFri 16-Jan-15 09:56 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#122991, "Advice:"
In response to Reply #3

Stay off the boards with your active characters and stop being so attached to your text-based gear.

AereglenFri 16-Jan-15 01:53 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122994, "You need to quit complaining."
In response to Reply #3

Shamanman is not that guy, no matter how bitter you are. You need to quit complaining whenever you lose gear. It doesn't matter if you're an AP and it was your unholies that you lost. It doesn't matter if you're a herald bard and it's your booze someone took. If you die, consider anything you get back to be a bonus. It may be poor sportsmanship for someone to fullsac, but it's far worse to come to the forums and complain when you have no reason to. It doesn't matter how much you say you're not wrong. There's more than one reason to sac weapons. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but CF is a role-playing game. Google it.

TheBluestThumbFri 16-Jan-15 04:59 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#122995, "RE: Concerned over your 14 hour character that you were..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Fri 16-Jan-15 05:00 PM

Yeah. I looted what I could use, you were WAY better geared than I was. I left you my spares, which, weren't bad.

Not to even mention that I disarmed and sacced your weapon mid-fight to give you an OBLIT, which brought you down from bleeding wounds to convulsing. That's just a tactical move to make sure I take your ass down. (Sorry, I don't #### around much when I'm only in midnight dragon gear (albeit with a badass weapon) against a decked AP with 5 lvls on me. One sleep and I am so, so ####ed.)

Saccing an APs weapons is not the same as full saccing. You ARE wrong. Saccing an APs weapons is a setback, but it's not even in the same ballpark as a full sac.

I don't think you've ever played in the days of a 300 charge AP. Watching 7-8 fully prepped people ALL die to ONE dude. Daevryn once made a comment about how everyone wants to be Rambo on this mud, APs can actually become Rambo. They can reach critical mass. And I think that's good for the game, it offers something to reach for, but by that same token that chance at breaking the power ceiling has a risk associated with it. You can lose it all with getting your weapon sacrificed. And you did. That's what you sign up for with an AP. That's what people have always signed up for with an AP.

Ychram (Anonymous)Fri 16-Jan-15 06:25 PM
Charter member
#122996, "No, I didn't play back then"
In response to Reply #10

I don't think that's possible now. with my hours I can go the length of your character without getting a fight.

I do apologise, I did act like a bitch, but it's hard not to get upset at seeing 80 hours of your work vanish to a prog.

DallevianFri 16-Jan-15 09:38 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#122990, "so you're the cheater with a disarm trigger, eh? nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Ychram (Anonymous)Fri 16-Jan-15 10:01 AM
Charter member
#122992, "No I read his post on dio's wrong"
In response to Reply #5

I thought he was using disarm triggers to exploit the eagle staff

DallevianFri 16-Jan-15 10:09 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#122993, "ahh. cool. go rock out in game, less forum posting yo..."
In response to Reply #7

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122978 Previous topic | Next topic