Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Xiluak the Master of Offense
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122978
122978, (DELETED) [None] Xiluak the Master of Offense
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 15 18:16:24 2015

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Xiluak perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:31
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:14
122983, Nice
Posted by Ychram on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At 14 hours your entire character was worth about 1/6th of what you destroyed with a disarm trigger. It would be funny if I weren't so bitter.
122984, RE: Nice
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude. You came at me. I killed you. I destroyed your unholies.

I took what gear I needed, I left you my spares.

You proceeded to bitch, moan and threaten me with a full loot. I STARTED to sac and then remembered that I'm not that guy. Sacced two pieces of gear and went on my merry way.

You lost I think a grand total of three weapons and two items (not counting the gear I left while leaving spare gear for you...which wasn't ####ty, like two of the good pitch black rings)

Grow a pair, if you don't like running the risk of losing your weapon, don't play an AP. I usually don't sac weapons but you seemed to be getting tough enough and I was genuinely concerned about you building into controls > hell groups > powerhouse. So I took you down and nullified it.
122985, Concerned over your 14 hour character that you were just going to delete the same day?
Yeah I can understand that losing 1/3 con on a throwaway must have been a serious concern for you.

You took four pieces at least, I saw you wearing both rings and both bracelets. I don't grudge you that. And yeah, I bitched a little too much. But you are that guy. The only reason to sac weapons is to weaken the guy. 2/3 were 0 chargers by the way. The same logic says you should full sac them. I'm not wrong.
122988, You REALLY need to _STOP_ complaining when you lose unholy's.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its just a flat out defacto thing that is going to happen when you play AP's. Granted, some people may not sac the weapon - most will.

If you can't handle it without some sort of OOC snark, then I recommend playing a diff class. Seriously dude...people gonna sac it without reason/warning. Every PK loss you should assume that #### is sacc'd

and no, it isn't the same as a full sac/loot to the pies.
122991, Advice:
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Stay off the boards with your active characters and stop being so attached to your text-based gear.
122994, You need to quit complaining.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shamanman is not that guy, no matter how bitter you are. You need to quit complaining whenever you lose gear. It doesn't matter if you're an AP and it was your unholies that you lost. It doesn't matter if you're a herald bard and it's your booze someone took. If you die, consider anything you get back to be a bonus. It may be poor sportsmanship for someone to fullsac, but it's far worse to come to the forums and complain when you have no reason to. It doesn't matter how much you say you're not wrong. There's more than one reason to sac weapons. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but CF is a role-playing game. Google it.
122995, RE: Concerned over your 14 hour character that you were just going to delete the same day?
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah. I looted what I could use, you were WAY better geared than I was. I left you my spares, which, weren't bad.

Not to even mention that I disarmed and sacced your weapon mid-fight to give you an OBLIT, which brought you down from bleeding wounds to convulsing. That's just a tactical move to make sure I take your ass down. (Sorry, I don't #### around much when I'm only in midnight dragon gear (albeit with a badass weapon) against a decked AP with 5 lvls on me. One sleep and I am so, so ####ed.)

Saccing an APs weapons is not the same as full saccing. You ARE wrong. Saccing an APs weapons is a setback, but it's not even in the same ballpark as a full sac.

I don't think you've ever played in the days of a 300 charge AP. Watching 7-8 fully prepped people ALL die to ONE dude. Daevryn once made a comment about how everyone wants to be Rambo on this mud, APs can actually become Rambo. They can reach critical mass. And I think that's good for the game, it offers something to reach for, but by that same token that chance at breaking the power ceiling has a risk associated with it. You can lose it all with getting your weapon sacrificed. And you did. That's what you sign up for with an AP. That's what people have always signed up for with an AP.
122996, No, I didn't play back then
I don't think that's possible now. with my hours I can go the length of your character without getting a fight.

I do apologise, I did act like a bitch, but it's hard not to get upset at seeing 80 hours of your work vanish to a prog.
122990, so you're the cheater with a disarm trigger, eh? nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
122992, No I read his post on dio's wrong
I thought he was using disarm triggers to exploit the eagle staff
122993, ahh. cool. go rock out in game, less forum posting you goof. nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt