Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitche..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121680
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 14-Aug-14 05:40 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17170 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121680, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star"

Thu Aug 14 17:38:22 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Eralsodiz perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:645

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..., Corlx (Anonymous), 19-Aug-14 06:23 PM, #12
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..., Eralsodiz, 14-Aug-14 11:15 PM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..., Whiysdan, 15-Aug-14 02:08 PM, #7
Reply Har!, Mellinoe (Anonymous), 15-Aug-14 02:23 PM, #8
Reply Can yer smell wit tha chef be cookin'?!, Ysaloerye, 15-Aug-14 04:18 PM, #9
Reply Hey., Mendos, 16-Aug-14 05:22 PM, #10
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..., Xan (Anonymous), 19-Aug-14 06:27 AM, #11
Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!, Diri Dauntless (Anonymous), 14-Aug-14 11:01 PM, #4
Reply And so topples a legend., Guargoux (Anonymous), 14-Aug-14 09:46 PM, #3
Reply Hi,, Tsunami, 14-Aug-14 09:25 PM, #2
Reply Holy crap eh?, Regrag (Anonymous), 14-Aug-14 09:21 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Holy crap eh?, Eralsodiz, 15-Aug-14 07:55 AM, #6

Corlx (Anonymous)Tue 19-Aug-14 06:23 PM
Charter member
#121754, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..."
In response to Reply #0

Interestingly enough, your backstory went with some thoughts I had about the Inferno, so I actively pulled you into Herald to keep an eye on you. Once you stopped trying to feed me gnome feet, we had some great adventures!

EralsodizThu 14-Aug-14 11:15 PM
Member since 14th Aug 2014
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121690, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..."
In response to Reply #0

That was a fun run!

Eralsodiz was my first char in over fifteen years and I had to relearn things from the ground up. At the beginning it I could read about old characters of mine in the Lyceum, but I couldn't walk from Galadon to Voralian City and know where I was going. That plus playing without a client meant that I was horrendous at PKing, but I had quite a bit of fun nonetheless. Eralsodiz was much more about seeing what people had to offer than mixing it up and would travel with just about anyone provided it was going to be interesting. There were a few more things unfolding that I was hoping this character could be involved in before he expired, but time marches on. The Chef'll miss bein' the Chef to be sure.

It would near take a book to describe the awesome interactions Eralsodiz had with folks, but at the top of my head I'd give shout outs to Corlx, Alicade, Johral, Ogrot, Hughli, Mellinoe, Quintaris, Rylium, Erighan, Crraya, Anilsanatne, Thurmonbrue, Kwoalewei, Cionadh, Oloice, Niji, Nizrili, Guargoux, Mordrin, and Diri for making it a far more interesting place to be. Again, there are many more who also deserve credit for helping Eral along.

Also, thanks to Whiskey-dan, Neltouda, and Rayihn for the great Imm interactions. They really do add quite a bit of depth and richness to the game experience and I'm really appreciative of the time you all put into it.

WhiysdanFri 15-Aug-14 02:08 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#121711, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..."
In response to Reply #5

Can't say enough good things about this character. The growth I saw over this character's life was just wonderful and inspiring. An absolute bang up job!

=w=

Mellinoe (Anonymous)Fri 15-Aug-14 02:23 PM
Charter member
#121712, "Har!"
In response to Reply #5

Thank you for everything! Will definitely miss Eralsodiz and all our adventures! Teleport game was the most fun! My favorite Cloud Giant.

YsaloeryeFri 15-Aug-14 04:18 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#121715, "Can yer smell wit tha chef be cookin'?!"
In response to Reply #5

I loved me some chef.
Interacted with you off an on with mortals, and watched you either directly or interacting with others. What a great character evolution, really what makes CF something specialsauce. Yeah PK coolness is one thing, but you just kept on trucking, rolled with whatever story arc came your way and all through were Eral.

Kudos, I hope you enjoyed this char as much as we did

MendosSat 16-Aug-14 05:22 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#121724, "Hey."
In response to Reply #5

Congrats for playing through to an Age Death, and I hope you enjoyed the game after a 15 year hiatus.

For what it is worth I asked around your death after you signed out and at least one senior staff member noticed the age death when you first logged in (and queried it).

It doesn't look like a bug, you were ~650 hours old which is well within the average life expectancy for you race. Regardless, it is awesome we can attract players back after 15 years and they can have fun.

Good luck with whatever comes next, and check in with us again some time.

Mendos.

Xan (Anonymous)Tue 19-Aug-14 06:27 AM
Charter member
#121750, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Ki..."
In response to Reply #5

It was a blast interacting with you, with this character and my last. I hope you are already kicking around again. The inn always needs an excellent Chef!

Thanks for the conversations and the meals!

Diri Dauntless (Anonymous)Thu 14-Aug-14 11:01 PM
Charter member
#121689, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

CHEF!!!

So glad you got to slay Tiamat with me! SO much fun! You were always willing to go on fun trips. Thanks so much for being awesome.

GLYWN.

Guargoux (Anonymous)Thu 14-Aug-14 09:46 PM
Charter member
#121688, "And so topples a legend."
In response to Reply #0

You were certainly the most well dressed cloud giant I've seen in a very long time. We had a few different interactions and maybe shared a good memory or two. Did you get to make much use of the "Lion's Roar"? Anyway, Congratulations on a very long lived and memorable character and I wish you the best with the next.

TsunamiThu 14-Aug-14 09:25 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#121687, "Hi,"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our interactions.

I have a question though. Are you heavily distracted while playing often?

Regrag (Anonymous)Thu 14-Aug-14 09:21 PM
Charter member
#121686, "Holy crap eh?"
In response to Reply #0

How does a giant die from being a chef?
Oh Diri I forgot

EralsodizFri 15-Aug-14 07:55 AM
Member since 14th Aug 2014
3 posts
#121697, "RE: Holy crap eh?"
In response to Reply #1

Regrag, who'll accuse you getting your guards drunk now?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121680 Previous topic | Next topic