Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121680
121680, (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Aug 14 17:38:22 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Eralsodiz perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:645
121754, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star
Posted by Corlx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interestingly enough, your backstory went with some thoughts I had about the Inferno, so I actively pulled you into Herald to keep an eye on you. Once you stopped trying to feed me gnome feet, we had some great adventures!
121690, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star
Posted by Eralsodiz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was a fun run!

Eralsodiz was my first char in over fifteen years and I had to relearn things from the ground up. At the beginning it I could read about old characters of mine in the Lyceum, but I couldn't walk from Galadon to Voralian City and know where I was going. That plus playing without a client meant that I was horrendous at PKing, but I had quite a bit of fun nonetheless. Eralsodiz was much more about seeing what people had to offer than mixing it up and would travel with just about anyone provided it was going to be interesting. There were a few more things unfolding that I was hoping this character could be involved in before he expired, but time marches on. The Chef'll miss bein' the Chef to be sure.

It would near take a book to describe the awesome interactions Eralsodiz had with folks, but at the top of my head I'd give shout outs to Corlx, Alicade, Johral, Ogrot, Hughli, Mellinoe, Quintaris, Rylium, Erighan, Crraya, Anilsanatne, Thurmonbrue, Kwoalewei, Cionadh, Oloice, Niji, Nizrili, Guargoux, Mordrin, and Diri for making it a far more interesting place to be. Again, there are many more who also deserve credit for helping Eral along.

Also, thanks to Whiskey-dan, Neltouda, and Rayihn for the great Imm interactions. They really do add quite a bit of depth and richness to the game experience and I'm really appreciative of the time you all put into it.
121711, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't say enough good things about this character. The growth I saw over this character's life was just wonderful and inspiring. An absolute bang up job!

=w=
121712, Har!
Posted by Mellinoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for everything! Will definitely miss Eralsodiz and all our adventures! Teleport game was the most fun! My favorite Cloud Giant. :)
121715, Can yer smell wit tha chef be cookin'?!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved me some chef.
Interacted with you off an on with mortals, and watched you either directly or interacting with others. What a great character evolution, really what makes CF something specialsauce. Yeah PK coolness is one thing, but you just kept on trucking, rolled with whatever story arc came your way and all through were Eral.

Kudos, I hope you enjoyed this char as much as we did
121724, Hey.
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congrats for playing through to an Age Death, and I hope you enjoyed the game after a 15 year hiatus.

For what it is worth I asked around your death after you signed out and at least one senior staff member noticed the age death when you first logged in (and queried it).

It doesn't look like a bug, you were ~650 hours old which is well within the average life expectancy for you race. Regardless, it is awesome we can attract players back after 15 years and they can have fun.

Good luck with whatever comes next, and check in with us again some time.

Mendos.
121750, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Eralsodiz the Legend of the Kitchen, Unretired Chef of the Eternal Star
Posted by Xan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a blast interacting with you, with this character and my last. I hope you are already kicking around again. The inn always needs an excellent Chef!

Thanks for the conversations and the meals!

121689, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Posted by Diri Dauntless on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CHEF!!!

So glad you got to slay Tiamat with me! SO much fun! You were always willing to go on fun trips. Thanks so much for being awesome.

GLYWN.
121688, And so topples a legend.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were certainly the most well dressed cloud giant I've seen in a very long time. We had a few different interactions and maybe shared a good memory or two. Did you get to make much use of the "Lion's Roar"? Anyway, Congratulations on a very long lived and memorable character and I wish you the best with the next.
121687, Hi,
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions.

I have a question though. Are you heavily distracted while playing often?
121686, Holy crap eh?
Posted by Regrag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How does a giant die from being a chef?
Oh Diri I forgot
121697, RE: Holy crap eh?
Posted by Eralsodiz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Regrag, who'll accuse you getting your guards drunk now?