Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Morrel StoneBound the Dweller of the W..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118870
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 14-Jan-14 09:59 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118870, "(DELETED) [None] Morrel StoneBound the Dweller of the Wilds, Protector of the Underdark"

Tue Jan 14 20:53:56 2014

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Morrel perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:178

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well I had fun., Trouble, 15-Jan-14 02:16 PM, #1
     Reply Re: Dragons, Twist, 15-Jan-14 03:40 PM, #2
     Reply Or at least a sack full of purple potions., Trouble, 15-Jan-14 07:04 PM, #3
     Reply Morrell, Mirozah (Anonymous), 15-Jan-14 11:30 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Well I had fun., Whiysdan, 16-Jan-14 12:49 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Well I had fun., Olddarund (Anonymous), 18-Jan-14 08:57 AM, #6

TroubleWed 15-Jan-14 02:16 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118875, "Well I had fun."
In response to Reply #0

Morrel was just a winter break experiment with a svirf/animist/caverndweller -- a combination I hadn't tried before in the large number of rangers I've done in the past. It was a reasonable combination if you could catch folks in the caves.

Originally Morrel was supposed to be an Outlander but there were too many jumping into that group right at the same time so I stayed uncaballed and I'm glad I did because it left me out of the politics of raiding/defending outside of caves.

Big thanks to Whysidan for the interactions and for the Imms who brought in dragons and such for Morrel to fight when he was stuck in no-exit/no-recall rooms. I actually was working on a plan to accumulate steaks from 13 different dragons to give to Whysidan but I found out a solo ranger isn't going to kill many dragons. I only got Nightmare, green on in the Weald, yellow in the Wastes, and some of the smaller ones. I do wish there was some way to do more big things like dragons solo but I couldn't even get past the yetis and treants on my own.

By the way, there looks to be a minor bug with the pk statistics. It looks like I got credited for the pk on Oloice (he was the only berserker I fought) because of cloud of wasps but it only shows up in some of the statistics, not others.

TwistWed 15-Jan-14 03:40 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#118877, "Re: Dragons"
In response to Reply #1

You needed a mage with you to give haste, sanc, and spam acid blast.

TroubleWed 15-Jan-14 07:04 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
208 posts
#118880, "Or at least a sack full of purple potions."
In response to Reply #2

I don't know if you remember ROM when you could customize characters with outrageous combinations. I made a giant weapon master-mage that could solo Tiamat but had something like a 2000exp/level penalty. Took you forever to level but once you were there it was great.

I do wish CF had more high level solo stuff to do but that's mainly because I tend to play solitary characters.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Wed 15-Jan-14 11:30 PM
Charter member
#118884, "Morrell"
In response to Reply #1

That PK in Aran-Gird was the sickest PK I've ever had.

Totally underestimated you and you ROCKED me.

WhiysdanThu 16-Jan-14 12:49 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#118919, "RE: Well I had fun."
In response to Reply #1

I liked this character a lot. thumbsup!

Olddarund (Anonymous)Sat 18-Jan-14 08:57 AM
Charter member
#118988, "RE: Well I had fun."
In response to Reply #1

That was some crazy sh*t you did back there in the Underdark. As soon as I was walking into the smoke I was like 'Hey man, this wasn't here before, what's that', followed by a big KABOOOOM-ambush and the next round a big KABOOOOM-rock on my head. Down to 400 hp in a sec, and I was like 'huh', what's happening here. In the end I was able to make it to Lower Cragstone with 17hp and poisoned. I liked the idea behind the character very much, must have been a lonely life though?

Anyways, GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118870 Previous topic | Next topic