Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Morrel StoneBound the Dweller of the Wilds, Protector of the Underdark
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=118870
118870, (DELETED) [None] Morrel StoneBound the Dweller of the Wilds, Protector of the Underdark
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 14 20:53:56 2014

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Morrel perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:178
118875, Well I had fun.
Posted by Trouble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Morrel was just a winter break experiment with a svirf/animist/caverndweller -- a combination I hadn't tried before in the large number of rangers I've done in the past. It was a reasonable combination if you could catch folks in the caves.

Originally Morrel was supposed to be an Outlander but there were too many jumping into that group right at the same time so I stayed uncaballed and I'm glad I did because it left me out of the politics of raiding/defending outside of caves.

Big thanks to Whysidan for the interactions and for the Imms who brought in dragons and such for Morrel to fight when he was stuck in no-exit/no-recall rooms. I actually was working on a plan to accumulate steaks from 13 different dragons to give to Whysidan but I found out a solo ranger isn't going to kill many dragons. I only got Nightmare, green on in the Weald, yellow in the Wastes, and some of the smaller ones. I do wish there was some way to do more big things like dragons solo but I couldn't even get past the yetis and treants on my own.

By the way, there looks to be a minor bug with the pk statistics. It looks like I got credited for the pk on Oloice (he was the only berserker I fought) because of cloud of wasps but it only shows up in some of the statistics, not others.
118877, Re: Dragons
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You needed a mage with you to give haste, sanc, and spam acid blast.
118880, Or at least a sack full of purple potions.
Posted by Trouble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know if you remember ROM when you could customize characters with outrageous combinations. I made a giant weapon master-mage that could solo Tiamat but had something like a 2000exp/level penalty. Took you forever to level but once you were there it was great.

I do wish CF had more high level solo stuff to do but that's mainly because I tend to play solitary characters. :P
118884, Morrell
Posted by Mirozah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That PK in Aran-Gird was the sickest PK I've ever had.

Totally underestimated you and you ROCKED me.
118919, RE: Well I had fun.
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character a lot. thumbsup!
118988, RE: Well I had fun.
Posted by Olddarund on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was some crazy sh*t you did back there in the Underdark. As soon as I was walking into the smoke I was like 'Hey man, this wasn't here before, what's that', followed by a big KABOOOOM-ambush and the next round a big KABOOOOM-rock on my head. Down to 400 hp in a sec, and I was like 'huh', what's happening here. In the end I was able to make it to Lower Cragstone with 17hp and poisoned. I liked the idea behind the character very much, must have been a lonely life though?

Anyways, GLWYN