Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zyleen the Uki Goshi" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117422
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 13-Oct-13 04:27 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117422, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zyleen the Uki Goshi"

Sun Oct 13 16:23:42 2013

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Zyleen perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:121

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I enjoyed the roleplay, Neltouda, 20-Oct-13 10:25 AM, #35
Reply Thanks! , Demos, 20-Oct-13 01:42 PM, #36
Reply I to am sorry to see this. nt, Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 07:22 PM, #20
Reply And another one bites the dust!, Fegul (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 08:42 AM, #6
Reply Glad to see this., Zrog (Anonymous), 13-Oct-13 09:31 PM, #2
Reply I'm curious about this now. nt, Artificial, 13-Oct-13 09:36 PM, #3
     Reply Killing non mages then lying about it. Using #### excus..., Zrog (Anonymous), 13-Oct-13 09:45 PM, #4
     Reply shut up zrog. I'm tired of seeing your name. You delete..., CD, 13-Oct-13 11:09 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I'm curious about this now. nt, Demos, 14-Oct-13 02:46 PM, #7
          Reply Attacking villagers in the past is not grounds for kill..., Artificial, 14-Oct-13 04:12 PM, #9
               Reply Dark elf assassin can kill anyone they feel like. , Demos, 14-Oct-13 04:19 PM, #10
               Reply Not while a villager you can't., Crraya (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 05:28 PM, #11
                    Reply Sure you can, if it fits your role/roleplay. n/t, Lhydia, 14-Oct-13 05:31 PM, #12
                    Reply Sure, but, Daevryn, 14-Oct-13 08:10 PM, #22
                         Reply And if they do get thrown out..., Eskelian, 14-Oct-13 08:11 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: And if they do get thrown out..., Daevryn, 14-Oct-13 08:15 PM, #24
                              Reply I'm glad you did..., Tsunami, 14-Oct-13 08:17 PM, #25
                              Reply Berserker should be something you graduate into., Eskelian, 14-Oct-13 08:19 PM, #26
                                   Reply I like this idea., Frequentplayer, 14-Oct-13 11:30 PM, #29
                                   Reply your opinion is based upon perception. I would argue th..., Sarien, 15-Oct-13 10:15 AM, #31
                                   Reply Not at all., Eskelian, 15-Oct-13 10:26 AM, #32
                                   Reply I really REALLY Like this idea. nt, Vladamir, 20-Oct-13 03:58 AM, #34
                                   Reply That's a silly idea, laxman, 20-Oct-13 07:12 PM, #37
                                        Reply RE: That's a silly idea, Eskelian, 22-Oct-13 11:11 AM, #38
                                             Reply I see zero value in it, laxman, 22-Oct-13 11:37 AM, #39
                                                  Reply RE: I see zero value in it, Eskelian, 23-Oct-13 09:26 AM, #40
                              Reply Is there really such a thing in this game? nt, TJHuron, 14-Oct-13 10:49 PM, #28
                    Reply I can't imagine there were any complaints other than fr..., Demos, 14-Oct-13 05:44 PM, #13
                    Reply Hmmmm, Talindaeth (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 06:34 PM, #16
                    Reply As far as that goes, Demos, 14-Oct-13 06:44 PM, #17
                         Reply RE: As far as that goes, Talindaeth (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 07:52 PM, #21
                              Reply Yeah, Demos, 14-Oct-13 08:19 PM, #27
                    Reply Actually, I experienced the same thing. , Vladamir, 20-Oct-13 03:14 AM, #33
                         Reply Pm me your char name? , Demos, 23-Oct-13 09:41 AM, #41
                    Reply I did. By message and by role playing with the gnome Z ..., Zrog (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 06:27 PM, #14
                         Reply Sorry I hurt your butt nt , Demos, 14-Oct-13 06:44 PM, #18
               Reply Notice he's saying he did it just because. When I quest..., Zrog (Anonymous), 14-Oct-13 06:29 PM, #15
                    Reply So what?, Theerkla, 14-Oct-13 07:08 PM, #19
                         Reply Then never post about a character again. n/t, Frequentplayer, 14-Oct-13 11:33 PM, #30
Reply Sad to see this., Klibendon (Anonymous), 13-Oct-13 05:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Sad to see this., Demos, 14-Oct-13 02:47 PM, #8

NeltoudaSun 20-Oct-13 10:25 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117567, "I enjoyed the roleplay"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't personally see anything bad from this character. I really enjoyed you taking the time to play out certain interactions.

DemosSun 20-Oct-13 01:42 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#117569, "Thanks! "
In response to Reply #35

You're great I'm gonna have to roll up a shaman and spend some time on the ship. Thanks for the second chance too

Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 07:22 PM
Charter member
#117448, "I to am sorry to see this. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Fegul (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 08:42 AM
Charter member
#117434, "And another one bites the dust!"
In response to Reply #0

Fun fights, but Village definitely needs to lose some #'s. I can imagine that sitting around with only 2-3 villagers and an orc in your range is boring as a villager.

GLWYN

Zrog (Anonymous)Sun 13-Oct-13 09:31 PM
Charter member
#117428, "Glad to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I have a feeling you won't be posting any replies. But from the bottom of my heart I want you to know you're the worst sort of player to have a villager.

You know why.

ArtificialSun 13-Oct-13 09:36 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#117429, "I'm curious about this now. nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Zrog (Anonymous)Sun 13-Oct-13 09:45 PM
Charter member
#117430, "Killing non mages then lying about it. Using #### excus..."
In response to Reply #3

I'm not surprised she was allowed to keep his hut though.

CDSun 13-Oct-13 11:09 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#117431, "shut up zrog. I'm tired of seeing your name. You delete..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 02:46 PM
211 posts
#117435, "RE: I'm curious about this now. nt"
In response to Reply #3

I killed him. He whined about it so I told him it was because he'd attacked villagers before. He's a bitch that is all.

ArtificialMon 14-Oct-13 04:12 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#117437, "Attacking villagers in the past is not grounds for kill..."
In response to Reply #7

nt

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 04:19 PM
211 posts
#117438, "Dark elf assassin can kill anyone they feel like. "
In response to Reply #9

For just about any reason.

Crraya (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 05:28 PM
Charter member
#117439, "Not while a villager you can't."
In response to Reply #10

Villagers have rules - Uncabaled dark-elf assassin (or Outlander) can do what they want.

'm sorry you weren't caught and outted while you were still living.

I only saw you once or twice in my entire life and had been waiting to see you again to discuss a couple complaints I had received about you.

Seems they may have been founded.

On another note - for those of you that complain on a message board about a character, I'm not going to use those details to persecute someone in character. If you're on the board and making comments, make them to me IN CHARACTER and I investigate them.

LhydiaMon 14-Oct-13 05:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#117440, "Sure you can, if it fits your role/roleplay. n/t"
In response to Reply #11

gr

DaevrynMon 14-Oct-13 08:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#117450, "Sure, but"
In response to Reply #12

Your actions fitting your roleplay does not grant you immunity to being thrown out of your cabal for them.

EskelianMon 14-Oct-13 08:11 PM
2023 posts
#117452, "And if they do get thrown out..."
In response to Reply #22

...They delete and roll another one.

That's the problem with zero investment characters.

DaevrynMon 14-Oct-13 08:15 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#117453, "RE: And if they do get thrown out..."
In response to Reply #23

I wanted to keep it taking a few hundred hours to hero, but I lost that vote.

TsunamiMon 14-Oct-13 08:17 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#117454, "I'm glad you did..."
In response to Reply #24

I wouldn't mind it personally, but from past mudding experience... That would kill the place.

EskelianMon 14-Oct-13 08:18 PM
2023 posts
#117455, "Berserker should be something you graduate into."
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Mon 14-Oct-13 08:19 PM

Like empowerment or maran or imperial elite.

Make everyone start at a scout or defender and earn their place as a berserker and then people will feel a sense of loss if they get booted out.

I don't think, for instance, anyone really feels gimped with defender powers - but they're also not "power-gamer approved" as thirst and deathblow.

I mean, you can't even get provincial magistrate without like 150+ hours in and that gives you really nothing in the way of power gaming *at all*.

FrequentplayerMon 14-Oct-13 11:30 PM
Member since 31st Jul 2013
228 posts
#117459, "I like this idea."
In response to Reply #26

Applicant to scout/Doc to Berserker. Maybe get to keep double block of you were a doc and discern of you were a scout. Or some such nonsense.

SarienTue 15-Oct-13 10:15 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#117466, "your opinion is based upon perception. I would argue th..."
In response to Reply #26

Just because you think deathblow is OP..doesn't mean that I do. Also - the way squire/maran works is flat-out stupid. If they adjusted the other cabals to fall into line with that type of demanding environment, I'd imagine the already tiny player count will drop even more.

EskelianTue 15-Oct-13 10:23 AM
2023 posts
#117467, "Not at all."
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Tue 15-Oct-13 10:26 AM

I like defender powers and I think they're really good. You're claiming the same, so what's the problem?

That being said, I do think that berserkers have this recurring theme of :

- Roll berserker
- Do whatever the hell you want while capitalizing on deathblow/thirst
- If caught and thrown out, roll another

Defender/scout powers are harder to capitalize on for mass PKs but they're not nearly as bad as squire "powers" (aka, no powers). Defender/scout powers aren't even bad - they're fantastic, they just don't work if you're spamming trip or pincer because they're active commands - which means they're slightly less broken in a ganging people down or picking on goblins scenario.

Anyway, the point is that the whole concept that an Imm will boot you if caught only works if there's an Imm that's active that can/will boot you. A mortal leader has no ability to even investigate these things without breaking character.

VladamirSun 20-Oct-13 03:58 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#117564, "I really REALLY Like this idea. nt"
In response to Reply #26

nt

laxmanSun 20-Oct-13 07:12 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#117570, "That's a silly idea"
In response to Reply #26

Defenders aren't power game approved?

If I wanted to truly power game a village build it will almost always be a defender.

EskelianTue 22-Oct-13 11:11 AM
2023 posts
#117593, "RE: That's a silly idea"
In response to Reply #37

Then what would be your problem with it? It's a more defensive build, less capable of two rounding people, less potential for abuse. Everyone says defender powers are fine (and I agree that they are) so why would you even push back on starting all villagers as scout/defender and then 'promoting' them to berserker after they prove themselves?

laxmanTue 22-Oct-13 11:37 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#117594, "I see zero value in it"
In response to Reply #38

I don't see berserkers ganking as any different than other paths.

I also think scouts and defenders are more powerful than berserkers.

I can still 2-4 round plenty of people without deathblow and with field dressing I can join a lot more fights so it nets more kills. At hero village is well balanced and in the mid ranks berserkers gain the least from their path (DB scales at those ranks it fires rarely and is worth 1-1.5 extra hits. At rank 30 I can heal 30% if my hp every 2 ticks, that's so etching that is OP not just something people over react to like DB)

If you want a graduated system than make spellbane the reward, that's the true thing giving village enemies headaches they can't overcome.

EskelianWed 23-Oct-13 09:26 AM
2023 posts
#117604, "RE: I see zero value in it"
In response to Reply #39

"If you want a graduated system than make spellbane the reward, that's the true thing giving village enemies headaches they can't overcome."

Ironically, I feel like that would be harsh. Any rager without spellbane in the midranks where saves are hard to get is absolutely corpse-meat to necromancers, APs, transmuters, etc.

TJHuronMon 14-Oct-13 10:49 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117458, "Is there really such a thing in this game? nt"
In response to Reply #23

nt

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 05:44 PM
211 posts
#117441, "I can't imagine there were any complaints other than fr..."
In response to Reply #11

Doesn't much matter though I suppose.

Talindaeth (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 06:34 PM
Charter member
#117444, "Hmmmm"
In response to Reply #13

Had the Commander not been evil, I might have talked about you jumping me on eastern right after I fought and killed an imperial, then assassinating me outside the spire when I was trying to retrieve. Then your borderline OOC response when I killed you and looted two things from you really fouled me. I try very hard to give villagers the benefit of the doubt lately, but SHA != SHF people.

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 06:44 PM
211 posts
#117445, "As far as that goes"
In response to Reply #16

That was the end for this char for me. Sorry about that. As to the fighting between us. If you actively hunt me, which you did, I'm going to kill you from time to time.

Talindaeth (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 07:52 PM
Charter member
#117449, "RE: As far as that goes"
In response to Reply #17

Hmm I don't remember actively hunting you much.... A couple others yes, in fact I don't think I fought you but maybe once before that... Could be wrong. There are a lot of people in the village who would send tells for me to stay away... Thinking I was hunting them when I was actually chasing a softer target. Honestly in the mid ranks I have always prioritized non village targets first out of a respect for death low and how it changes fights in the mid ranks. However, jumping me immediately after I killed the imperial seemed kind of weak sauce to me. But you have admitted to being a village newb which I kind of figured after our fights.

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 08:19 PM
211 posts
#117456, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #21

It's something I've never really gotten the hang of. Well two things. Assassin and village

VladamirSun 20-Oct-13 03:14 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#117563, "Actually, I experienced the same thing. "
In response to Reply #13

I don't want to give away who I am playing currently, but I was a non mage, and two recent village deleters came and ganged me down once for no reason. This was one of them. Take it for what it's worth.

DemosWed 23-Oct-13 09:41 AM
211 posts
#117605, "Pm me your char name? "
In response to Reply #33

I have essentially the whole life of zyleen logged and for the life of me I can't find a situation where I killed a non mage with anyone else. As far as I now the only two non mage kills(outside raids) were zrog and the shaman above tallinicantspellyourname

Zrog (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 06:27 PM
Charter member
#117442, "I did. By message and by role playing with the gnome Z ..."
In response to Reply #11

By fighting his fights for them.

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 06:44 PM
211 posts
#117446, "Sorry I hurt your butt nt "
In response to Reply #14

Nt

Zrog (Anonymous)Mon 14-Oct-13 06:29 PM
Charter member
#117443, "Notice he's saying he did it just because. When I quest..."
In response to Reply #9

His words, not mine.

TheerklaMon 14-Oct-13 07:08 PM
1055 posts
#117447, "So what?"
In response to Reply #15

He's gone, you're gone. Time to move on. Whatever actually happened, no longer matters.

FrequentplayerMon 14-Oct-13 11:33 PM
Member since 31st Jul 2013
228 posts
#117460, "Then never post about a character again. n/t"
In response to Reply #19

lasldldl

Klibendon (Anonymous)Sun 13-Oct-13 05:51 PM
Charter member
#117425, "Sad to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping you'd stick things out. Your build is fairly tough to
pull off but with a little time and luck, I'm sure it can be done.
I've seen it. Anyway, good luck for the next adventure.

DemosMon 14-Oct-13 02:47 PM
211 posts
#117436, "RE: Sad to see this."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry buddy. Had fun while it lasted anyhow gl

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117422 Previous topic | Next topic