Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zyleen the Uki Goshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=117422
117422, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zyleen the Uki Goshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 13 16:23:42 2013

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Zyleen perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:121
117567, I enjoyed the roleplay
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't personally see anything bad from this character. I really enjoyed you taking the time to play out certain interactions.
117569, Thanks!
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're great I'm gonna have to roll up a shaman and spend some time on the ship. Thanks for the second chance too
117448, I to am sorry to see this. nt
Posted by Gilut Fargyth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117434, And another one bites the dust!
Posted by Fegul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun fights, but Village definitely needs to lose some #'s. I can imagine that sitting around with only 2-3 villagers and an orc in your range is boring as a villager.

GLWYN
117428, Glad to see this.
Posted by Zrog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a feeling you won't be posting any replies. But from the bottom of my heart I want you to know you're the worst sort of player to have a villager.

You know why.
117429, I'm curious about this now. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117430, Killing non mages then lying about it. Using #### excuses.
I'm not surprised she was allowed to keep his hut though.
117431, shut up zrog. I'm tired of seeing your name. You deleted, be done. nt
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117435, RE: I'm curious about this now. nt
I killed him. He whined about it so I told him it was because he'd attacked villagers before. He's a bitch that is all.
117437, Attacking villagers in the past is not grounds for killing them. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117438, Dark elf assassin can kill anyone they feel like.
For just about any reason.
117439, Not while a villager you can't.
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Villagers have rules - Uncabaled dark-elf assassin (or Outlander) can do what they want.

'm sorry you weren't caught and outted while you were still living.

I only saw you once or twice in my entire life and had been waiting to see you again to discuss a couple complaints I had received about you.

Seems they may have been founded.

On another note - for those of you that complain on a message board about a character, I'm not going to use those details to persecute someone in character. If you're on the board and making comments, make them to me IN CHARACTER and I investigate them.

117440, Sure you can, if it fits your role/roleplay. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
117450, Sure, but
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your actions fitting your roleplay does not grant you immunity to being thrown out of your cabal for them.
117452, And if they do get thrown out...
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...They delete and roll another one.

That's the problem with zero investment characters.
117453, RE: And if they do get thrown out...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to keep it taking a few hundred hours to hero, but I lost that vote. :P
117454, I'm glad you did...
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't mind it personally, but from past mudding experience... That would kill the place.
117455, Berserker should be something you graduate into.
Like empowerment or maran or imperial elite.

Make everyone start at a scout or defender and earn their place as a berserker and then people will feel a sense of loss if they get booted out.

I don't think, for instance, anyone really feels gimped with defender powers - but they're also not "power-gamer approved" as thirst and deathblow.

I mean, you can't even get provincial magistrate without like 150+ hours in and that gives you really nothing in the way of power gaming *at all*.
117459, I like this idea.
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Applicant to scout/Doc to Berserker. Maybe get to keep double block of you were a doc and discern of you were a scout. Or some such nonsense.
117466, your opinion is based upon perception. I would argue that a defender is far stronger than a berserker..
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just because you think deathblow is OP..doesn't mean that I do. Also - the way squire/maran works is flat-out stupid. If they adjusted the other cabals to fall into line with that type of demanding environment, I'd imagine the already tiny player count will drop even more.

117467, Not at all.
I like defender powers and I think they're really good. You're claiming the same, so what's the problem?

That being said, I do think that berserkers have this recurring theme of :

- Roll berserker
- Do whatever the hell you want while capitalizing on deathblow/thirst
- If caught and thrown out, roll another

Defender/scout powers are harder to capitalize on for mass PKs but they're not nearly as bad as squire "powers" (aka, no powers). Defender/scout powers aren't even bad - they're fantastic, they just don't work if you're spamming trip or pincer because they're active commands - which means they're slightly less broken in a ganging people down or picking on goblins scenario.

Anyway, the point is that the whole concept that an Imm will boot you if caught only works if there's an Imm that's active that can/will boot you. A mortal leader has no ability to even investigate these things without breaking character.
117564, I really REALLY Like this idea. nt
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117570, That's a silly idea
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Defenders aren't power game approved?

If I wanted to truly power game a village build it will almost always be a defender.

117593, RE: That's a silly idea
Then what would be your problem with it? It's a more defensive build, less capable of two rounding people, less potential for abuse. Everyone says defender powers are fine (and I agree that they are) so why would you even push back on starting all villagers as scout/defender and then 'promoting' them to berserker after they prove themselves?
117594, I see zero value in it
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't see berserkers ganking as any different than other paths.

I also think scouts and defenders are more powerful than berserkers.

I can still 2-4 round plenty of people without deathblow and with field dressing I can join a lot more fights so it nets more kills. At hero village is well balanced and in the mid ranks berserkers gain the least from their path (DB scales at those ranks it fires rarely and is worth 1-1.5 extra hits. At rank 30 I can heal 30% if my hp every 2 ticks, that's so etching that is OP not just something people over react to like DB)

If you want a graduated system than make spellbane the reward, that's the true thing giving village enemies headaches they can't overcome.
117604, RE: I see zero value in it
"If you want a graduated system than make spellbane the reward, that's the true thing giving village enemies headaches they can't overcome."

Ironically, I feel like that would be harsh. Any rager without spellbane in the midranks where saves are hard to get is absolutely corpse-meat to necromancers, APs, transmuters, etc.
117458, Is there really such a thing in this game? nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
117441, I can't imagine there were any complaints other than from zrog.
Doesn't much matter though I suppose.
117444, Hmmmm
Posted by Talindaeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had the Commander not been evil, I might have talked about you jumping me on eastern right after I fought and killed an imperial, then assassinating me outside the spire when I was trying to retrieve. Then your borderline OOC response when I killed you and looted two things from you really fouled me. I try very hard to give villagers the benefit of the doubt lately, but SHA != SHF people.
117445, As far as that goes
That was the end for this char for me. Sorry about that. As to the fighting between us. If you actively hunt me, which you did, I'm going to kill you from time to time.
117449, RE: As far as that goes
Posted by Talindaeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmm I don't remember actively hunting you much.... A couple others yes, in fact I don't think I fought you but maybe once before that... Could be wrong. There are a lot of people in the village who would send tells for me to stay away... Thinking I was hunting them when I was actually chasing a softer target. Honestly in the mid ranks I have always prioritized non village targets first out of a respect for death low and how it changes fights in the mid ranks. However, jumping me immediately after I killed the imperial seemed kind of weak sauce to me. But you have admitted to being a village newb which I kind of figured after our fights.
117456, Yeah
It's something I've never really gotten the hang of. Well two things. Assassin and village
117563, Actually, I experienced the same thing.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't want to give away who I am playing currently, but I was a non mage, and two recent village deleters came and ganged me down once for no reason. This was one of them. Take it for what it's worth.
117605, Pm me your char name?
I have essentially the whole life of zyleen logged and for the life of me I can't find a situation where I killed a non mage with anyone else. As far as I now the only two non mage kills(outside raids) were zrog and the shaman above tallinicantspellyourname
117442, I did. By message and by role playing with the gnome Z made look like a (ICly) chump.
By fighting his fights for them.
117446, Sorry I hurt your butt nt
Nt
117443, Notice he's saying he did it just because. When I questioned him then he made up an excuse.
His words, not mine.
117447, So what?
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He's gone, you're gone. Time to move on. Whatever actually happened, no longer matters.
117460, Then never post about a character again. n/t
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
lasldldl
117425, Sad to see this.
Posted by Klibendon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping you'd stick things out. Your build is fairly tough to
pull off but with a little time and luck, I'm sure it can be done.
I've seen it. Anyway, good luck for the next adventure.
117436, RE: Sad to see this.
Sorry buddy. Had fun while it lasted anyhow gl