Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentinel o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109576
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 05-Jul-12 01:28 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109576, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentinel of Summertide, Magistrate of Galadon"

Thu Jul 5 11:24:52 2012

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Llonevia perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:72

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It was fun, CD, 08-Jul-12 07:41 AM, #28
Reply We go way back!, Sindrai (Anonymous), 08-Jul-12 09:55 AM, #29
Reply Hey, glad you're still kickin' it., Straklaw, 08-Jul-12 12:28 PM, #31
Reply You bastard. Should have figured you were that Drow., TMNS, 09-Jul-12 01:05 PM, #32
Reply Really bummed to see this., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 06-Jul-12 11:09 AM, #6
Reply All I can say is WTF?? How..., Alston, 05-Jul-12 06:04 PM, #2
Reply rangers can get haste, tribunals get slow, and wilderne..., morocco, 06-Jul-12 07:10 AM, #3
     Reply It's never worked for ANY ranger I have had against Sha..., Alston, 06-Jul-12 07:58 AM, #4
          Reply RE: It's never worked for ANY ranger I have had against..., Daevryn, 06-Jul-12 08:14 AM, #5
          Reply In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or pec..., Alston, 06-Jul-12 12:58 PM, #8
               Reply Seriously, it directly tells you in the d@mned helpfile..., Straklaw, 06-Jul-12 02:05 PM, #9
               Reply If that's what it's saying it's written in a way I don'..., Alston, 06-Jul-12 02:27 PM, #10
                    Reply Let's break it down for you once again., DurNominator, 06-Jul-12 03:17 PM, #12
                         Reply I don't get that from reading that., Alston, 06-Jul-12 09:07 PM, #13
               Reply you know dodge and evade are different skills right?, laxman, 06-Jul-12 02:55 PM, #11
               Reply Try to keep up. n/t, Alston, 06-Jul-12 09:09 PM, #14
                    Reply Really?, Tac, 07-Jul-12 06:24 PM, #20
                         Reply I failed at nothing. n/t, Alston, 07-Jul-12 08:28 PM, #21
                              Reply You need help. nt, Artificial, 07-Jul-12 08:38 PM, #23
                              Reply You ruin more Battlefield threads...~, blackbird, 08-Jul-12 05:34 AM, #27
               Reply RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or..., Daevryn, 06-Jul-12 10:07 PM, #15
                    Reply RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or..., OldRanger (Anonymous), 06-Jul-12 11:58 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or..., Daevryn, 07-Jul-12 07:06 AM, #17
                              Reply Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?, Alston, 07-Jul-12 07:53 AM, #18
                                   Reply RE: Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?, Daevryn, 07-Jul-12 11:30 AM, #19
                                        Reply What is "It" with regaurd to Shifters? n/t, Alston, 07-Jul-12 08:29 PM, #22
                                             Reply Dude...., Nreykre, 07-Jul-12 08:50 PM, #24
                                                  Reply I'm seriusly not. But I dont know why..., Alston, 07-Jul-12 09:17 PM, #25
                                                       Reply I already explained it to you before., DurNominator, 08-Jul-12 12:47 AM, #26
                                                            Reply That clears it up. Thanks. n/t, Alston, 08-Jul-12 10:52 AM, #30
          Reply what he said, morocco, 06-Jul-12 12:33 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentin..., The-me, 05-Jul-12 04:04 PM, #1

CDSun 08-Jul-12 07:41 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109630, "It was fun"
In response to Reply #0

My thread has been hijacked. I made Raphoellia(vulture/lobster outlander dark-elf).. but was not feeling CF too much. Then after some time I decided to roll up Llonevia a while back because I thought a ranger tribunal would be nifty.

It was alright. I rarely ever prepped and all and it showed. But I also didnt really care. Thus the reason I deleted. I tried to stay low profile so did not really try to say too much in the way of knowledge. But at times and in the heat of the moment(bigger raids..) I'd blurt out things to do that would help me maximize my success. I just don't have any drive, however, so out I am.

Maybe another time.

Peace out.

Crafted

Sindrai (Anonymous)Sun 08-Jul-12 09:55 AM
Charter member
#109631, "We go way back!"
In response to Reply #28

You and I always end up on the opposite team and generally have a good time playing as enemies. We had some fun fights this time around. Your lack of motivation showed through on this one . Over the years our characters have always had good after-fight chats but Llonevia and Sindrai didn't have any.

Whether you choose to come back in full Crafted force, quit altogether or do something in the middle I wish you all the best.

StraklawSun 08-Jul-12 12:28 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#109633, "Hey, glad you're still kickin' it."
In response to Reply #28

Haven't seen you around in forever. Didn't get to interact with you much this time around, but maybe next time you get the itch!

TMNSMon 09-Jul-12 01:05 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#109648, "You bastard. Should have figured you were that Drow."
In response to Reply #28

You are the all-time king of that against me. Shoot me a pm via Dio's if you are confused by this...vague response.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Fri 06-Jul-12 11:09 AM
Charter member
#109596, "Really bummed to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I have a feeling there was a lot in the works for this character, coming up very soon. Thanks for the chats.

AlstonThu 05-Jul-12 06:04 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#109584, "All I can say is WTF?? How..."
In response to Reply #0

Were you killing shifters in town? Were they already hurt or what? Crazy skill here.

moroccoFri 06-Jul-12 07:10 AM
Member since 14th Jan 2010
65 posts
#109593, "rangers can get haste, tribunals get slow, and wilderne..."
In response to Reply #2

Setting aside player skill, the ranger will win the RNG fight every single time. That said, enjoyed your logs, Llonevia.

AlstonFri 06-Jul-12 07:58 AM
858 posts
#109594, "It's never worked for ANY ranger I have had against Sha..."
In response to Reply #3

This Battlefield is littered with My ranger corpses from even Arial forms out meleeing my rangers.

Wild Fam does not work at all in civilized areas. So it had to be more than that.

What's more your wild time had to be shot. Were you at home in the wilds?

DaevrynFri 06-Jul-12 08:14 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#109595, "RE: It's never worked for ANY ranger I have had against..."
In response to Reply #4

>Wild Fam does not work at all in civilized areas. So it had to
>be more than that.

You are mistaken: it applies vs. shifters in animal forms regardless of location.

AlstonFri 06-Jul-12 12:58 PM
858 posts
#109598, "In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or pec..."
In response to Reply #5

gvbaegvawr

StraklawFri 06-Jul-12 02:05 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#109599, "Seriously, it directly tells you in the d@mned helpfile..."
In response to Reply #8

This skill known to experienced rangers reflects their long
years spent fighting within the wild regions of Thera. Using
their advanced knowledge of the wilderness, rangers who have
spent much of their time fighting and training in untamed
reaches may enjoy greatly enhanced abilities to dodge and
otherwise avoid blows within wild lands and against animals
and shapeshifters in the form of animals

I.e. - You dodge shapeshifter attacks better, hence that gorilla NOT punching his face into the dirt.

AlstonFri 06-Jul-12 02:27 PM
858 posts
#109600, "If that's what it's saying it's written in a way I don'..."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-12 02:27 PM

The only thing it says definitively says is that you dodge better in the wilds.

It is also clear that you avoid blows within wild lands but it doesn't say in what fashion you avoid these blows, nor does it describe what sort of blows. Both the word "Avoid" and "Blows" have many meaning ih CF.

Then the section about "animals and shapeshifters in animal form" is separated by the word "And" as if to some how distinguish it as having a different effect.

It doesn't say if it has a greater effect on dodging or "Avoiding blows"

It just says "And against animals and shapeshifters in animal form"

I have never dodged a shapeshifters special attacks ever with my rangers in or out of the wilds. Not even once. And there are a few mile long threads on the grave yard where I was bitching/asking for clarification and nothing like this has ever come up.

DurNominatorFri 06-Jul-12 03:17 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109602, "Let's break it down for you once again."
In response to Reply #10

I'll explain to you what the quotes mean.

This skill known to experienced rangers reflects their long
years spent fighting within the wild regions of Thera. Using
their advanced knowledge of the wilderness, rangers who have
spent much of their time fighting and training in untamed
reaches

General intro. It also explains that wilderness % affects the success rate of the skill.

may enjoy greatly enhanced abilities to dodge and otherwise avoid blows

Wilderness familiarity is an avoidance skill, helping you to dodge and otherwise avoid blows.

within wild lands and against animals and shapeshifters in the form of animals.

The skill works in two different situations:
1) When you are in wilderness.
2) When you are fighting animals or shapeshifters.

So, the avoidance bonus is gotten only if you are fighting in wilderness OR fighting animals(including shifters). Wilderness % affects on how good the bonus is.

I understood it in the first reading that you get the bonus against shifters also outside wilds when I was playing a ranger. It would be redundant to put it there if you wouldn't get it outside the wilds.

AlstonFri 06-Jul-12 09:07 PM
858 posts
#109608, "I don't get that from reading that."
In response to Reply #12

It seems to indicate that you fight Shifters and animals more effectively. But I don't read where it says you are dodging or evading them more.

It would seem a reasonable assumption since it's a dodge enhancer, but I have never been anything but tooled by Shifters with rangers and I run 99% wilderness time, am often under 100lbs in weight and and defenses are perfected. I have never evaded a rake, a peck, a claw or what ever.

laxmanFri 06-Jul-12 02:55 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#109601, "you know dodge and evade are different skills right?"
In response to Reply #8

wilderness familiary helps dodge, dodge doesn't make rake miss

AlstonFri 06-Jul-12 09:09 PM
858 posts
#109609, "Try to keep up. n/t"
In response to Reply #11

rtbwrt

TacSat 07-Jul-12 06:24 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#109617, "Really?"
In response to Reply #14

You failed at the comprehension portion of reading comprehension on one of the most directly to the point written helpfiles and you think laxman is the one struggling to keep up?

AlstonSat 07-Jul-12 08:28 PM
858 posts
#109619, "I failed at nothing. n/t"
In response to Reply #20

wrtgvwrgv

ArtificialSat 07-Jul-12 08:38 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#109621, "You need help. nt"
In response to Reply #21

nt

blackbirdSun 08-Jul-12 05:34 AM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
#109629, "You ruin more Battlefield threads...~"
In response to Reply #21

DaevrynFri 06-Jul-12 10:07 PM
11117 posts
#109610, "RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or..."
In response to Reply #8

It works exactly the same way WF works in the wilderness vs. everyone else.

Basically the code says: Are you in the wilderness or fighting a shifted animal? If so, apply the WF bonuses. If not, don't.

OldRanger (Anonymous)Fri 06-Jul-12 11:58 PM
Charter member
#109611, "RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or..."
In response to Reply #15

>It works exactly the same way WF works in the wilderness vs.
>everyone else.
>
>Basically the code says: Are you in the wilderness or
>fighting a shifted animal? If so, apply the WF bonuses. If
>not, don't.

I'm curious, does the code apply to mobs or only to PC's? I haven't played one in a while, but I remember my hero rangers regularly getting tooled by the shape shifters in T-A that conned as easy kills.

DaevrynSat 07-Jul-12 07:06 AM
11117 posts
#109613, "RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or..."
In response to Reply #16

It might just be PC's, although, the T-A shifters (which are in wilderness mostly) are kind of sneaky in that (if I remember correctly) their unshifted level is lower than their shifter level. It was the first time area-wise we tried to do something like shifting and in some ways it shows.

AlstonSat 07-Jul-12 07:53 AM
858 posts
#109614, "Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?"
In response to Reply #17

Example:

WF against shifter in civilized areas = good

WF against shifters in wilds = gooder

WF aganst shifters in home terrain = more gooder

WF against shifter in home terrain + w-elf = More gooderest?

DaevrynSat 07-Jul-12 11:30 AM
11117 posts
#109615, "RE: Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?"
In response to Reply #18

You don't double-get it vs shifters in the wild.

AlstonSat 07-Jul-12 08:29 PM
858 posts
#109620, "What is "It" with regaurd to Shifters? n/t"
In response to Reply #19

sdvbrt

NreykreSat 07-Jul-12 08:50 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
90 posts
#109623, "Dude...."
In response to Reply #22

You: Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?
Him: You don't double-get it vs shifters in the wild.

You uh... really not pickin up what he's puttin down? Seriously?

AlstonSat 07-Jul-12 09:17 PM
858 posts
#109625, "I'm seriusly not. But I dont know why..."
In response to Reply #24

It just reads weird to me. I had to look at it again and again. I suppose I see how it refers to it.

DurNominatorSun 08-Jul-12 12:47 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109627, "I already explained it to you before."
In response to Reply #25

Then Nep explained to you exactly the same thing. I'll try once more:

-There is a bonus to defenses called wilderness familiarity. The strength of this bonus is dictated by your wilderness time, with no other factors involved.

-You get this bonus when the inclusive OR sentence

You are in wilds OR you are fighting an animal or a shifter in form.

is true.

In case you are not familiar with inclusive OR, it is true if one or both of the two claims in the sentence are true.

The helpfile is not written as a logical sentence, but as a list of the situations where you get the bonus. The two cases in the list are separated with AND you get the bonus when in wilds AND when fighting members of list X. List X has two cases, separated with an AND, shifters in form AND animals. The three cases, when fighting shifters in town, when fighting shifters in wilds and when fighting non-shifters in wilds have all the same truth value: true, you'll get the bonus.

AlstonSun 08-Jul-12 10:52 AM
858 posts
#109632, "That clears it up. Thanks. n/t"
In response to Reply #26

moroccoFri 06-Jul-12 12:33 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2010
65 posts
#109597, "what he said"
In response to Reply #4

And this wasn't my character, but I imagine it isn't too hard to keep good wilderness time with the wanderlust skill. AFAIK "home" is at 70 or 75% wilderness time, if wanderlust knocks that down a tier (which seems logical) you should need no more than 50 or 60% in the woods, which can't be that hard, even with magistrate duty.

The-meThu 05-Jul-12 04:04 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#109580, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentin..."
In response to Reply #0

Tough combo to play at your hours, you landed some really sweet kills for someone that came across as quite new. Props GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109576 Previous topic | Next topic