Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentinel of Summertide, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=109576
109576, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentinel of Summertide, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 5 11:24:52 2012

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Llonevia perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:72
109630, It was fun
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

My thread has been hijacked. I made Raphoellia(vulture/lobster outlander dark-elf).. but was not feeling CF too much. Then after some time I decided to roll up Llonevia a while back because I thought a ranger tribunal would be nifty.

It was alright. I rarely ever prepped and all and it showed. But I also didnt really care. Thus the reason I deleted. I tried to stay low profile so did not really try to say too much in the way of knowledge. But at times and in the heat of the moment(bigger raids..) I'd blurt out things to do that would help me maximize my success. I just don't have any drive, however, so out I am.

Maybe another time.

Peace out.

Crafted
109631, We go way back!
Posted by Sindrai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You and I always end up on the opposite team and generally have a good time playing as enemies. We had some fun fights this time around. Your lack of motivation showed through on this one :(. Over the years our characters have always had good after-fight chats but Llonevia and Sindrai didn't have any.

Whether you choose to come back in full Crafted force, quit altogether or do something in the middle I wish you all the best.

109633, Hey, glad you're still kickin' it.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Haven't seen you around in forever. Didn't get to interact with you much this time around, but maybe next time you get the itch!
109648, You bastard. Should have figured you were that Drow.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are the all-time king of that against me. Shoot me a pm via Dio's if you are confused by this...vague response.
109596, Really bummed to see this.
Posted by Ziruanja on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a feeling there was a lot in the works for this character, coming up very soon. Thanks for the chats.
109584, All I can say is WTF?? How...
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Were you killing shifters in town? Were they already hurt or what? Crazy skill here.
109593, rangers can get haste, tribunals get slow, and wilderness familiarity works very, very well
Posted by morocco on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Setting aside player skill, the ranger will win the RNG fight every single time. That said, enjoyed your logs, Llonevia.
109594, It's never worked for ANY ranger I have had against Shapeshifters.
This Battlefield is littered with My ranger corpses from even Arial forms out meleeing my rangers.

Wild Fam does not work at all in civilized areas. So it had to be more than that.

What's more your wild time had to be shot. Were you at home in the wilds?
109595, RE: It's never worked for ANY ranger I have had against Shapeshifters.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Wild Fam does not work at all in civilized areas. So it had to
>be more than that.

You are mistaken: it applies vs. shifters in animal forms regardless of location.
109598, In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or peck missing more. n/thifters.
gvbaegvawr
109599, Seriously, it directly tells you in the d@mned helpfile.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This skill known to experienced rangers reflects their long
years spent fighting within the wild regions of Thera. Using
their advanced knowledge of the wilderness, rangers who have
spent much of their time fighting and training in untamed
reaches may enjoy greatly enhanced abilities to dodge and
otherwise avoid blows within wild lands and against animals
and shapeshifters in the form of animals

I.e. - You dodge shapeshifter attacks better, hence that gorilla NOT punching his face into the dirt.
109600, If that's what it's saying it's written in a way I don't see what you see.
The only thing it says definitively says is that you dodge better in the wilds.

It is also clear that you avoid blows within wild lands but it doesn't say in what fashion you avoid these blows, nor does it describe what sort of blows. Both the word "Avoid" and "Blows" have many meaning ih CF.

Then the section about "animals and shapeshifters in animal form" is separated by the word "And" as if to some how distinguish it as having a different effect.

It doesn't say if it has a greater effect on dodging or "Avoiding blows"

It just says "And against animals and shapeshifters in animal form"

I have never dodged a shapeshifters special attacks ever with my rangers in or out of the wilds. Not even once. And there are a few mile long threads on the grave yard where I was bitching/asking for clarification and nothing like this has ever come up.
109602, Let's break it down for you once again.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll explain to you what the quotes mean.

This skill known to experienced rangers reflects their long
years spent fighting within the wild regions of Thera. Using
their advanced knowledge of the wilderness, rangers who have
spent much of their time fighting and training in untamed
reaches

General intro. It also explains that wilderness % affects the success rate of the skill.

may enjoy greatly enhanced abilities to dodge and otherwise avoid blows

Wilderness familiarity is an avoidance skill, helping you to dodge and otherwise avoid blows.

within wild lands and against animals and shapeshifters in the form of animals.

The skill works in two different situations:
1) When you are in wilderness.
2) When you are fighting animals or shapeshifters.

So, the avoidance bonus is gotten only if you are fighting in wilderness OR fighting animals(including shifters). Wilderness % affects on how good the bonus is.

I understood it in the first reading that you get the bonus against shifters also outside wilds when I was playing a ranger. It would be redundant to put it there if you wouldn't get it outside the wilds.
109608, I don't get that from reading that.
It seems to indicate that you fight Shifters and animals more effectively. But I don't read where it says you are dodging or evading them more.

It would seem a reasonable assumption since it's a dodge enhancer, but I have never been anything but tooled by Shifters with rangers and I run 99% wilderness time, am often under 100lbs in weight and and defenses are perfected. I have never evaded a rake, a peck, a claw or what ever.
109601, you know dodge and evade are different skills right?
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
wilderness familiary helps dodge, dodge doesn't make rake miss
109609, Try to keep up. n/t
rtbwrt
109617, Really?
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You failed at the comprehension portion of reading comprehension on one of the most directly to the point written helpfiles and you think laxman is the one struggling to keep up?
109619, I failed at nothing. n/t
wrtgvwrgv
109621, You need help. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
109629, You ruin more Battlefield threads...~
Posted by blackbird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
109610, RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or peck missing more. n/thifters.
It works exactly the same way WF works in the wilderness vs. everyone else.

Basically the code says: Are you in the wilderness or fighting a shifted animal? If so, apply the WF bonuses. If not, don't.
109611, RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or peck missing more. n/thifters.
Posted by OldRanger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It works exactly the same way WF works in the wilderness vs.
>everyone else.
>
>Basically the code says: Are you in the wilderness or
>fighting a shifted animal? If so, apply the WF bonuses. If
>not, don't.

I'm curious, does the code apply to mobs or only to PC's? I haven't played one in a while, but I remember my hero rangers regularly getting tooled by the shape shifters in T-A that conned as easy kills.
109613, RE: In what way? I've never noticed things like rake or peck missing more. n/thifters.
It might just be PC's, although, the T-A shifters (which are in wilderness mostly) are kind of sneaky in that (if I remember correctly) their unshifted level is lower than their shifter level. It was the first time area-wise we tried to do something like shifting and in some ways it shows.
109614, Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?
Example:

WF against shifter in civilized areas = good

WF against shifters in wilds = gooder

WF aganst shifters in home terrain = more gooder

WF against shifter in home terrain + w-elf = More gooderest?
109615, RE: Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?
You don't double-get it vs shifters in the wild.
109620, What is "It" with regaurd to Shifters? n/t
sdvbrt
109623, Dude....
Posted by Nreykre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You: Does WF vs a Shifter stack in the wilds?
Him: You don't double-get it vs shifters in the wild.

You uh... really not pickin up what he's puttin down? Seriously?
109625, I'm seriusly not. But I dont know why...
It just reads weird to me. I had to look at it again and again. I suppose I see how it refers to it.
109627, I already explained it to you before.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Then Nep explained to you exactly the same thing. I'll try once more:

-There is a bonus to defenses called wilderness familiarity. The strength of this bonus is dictated by your wilderness time, with no other factors involved.

-You get this bonus when the inclusive OR sentence

You are in wilds OR you are fighting an animal or a shifter in form.

is true.

In case you are not familiar with inclusive OR, it is true if one or both of the two claims in the sentence are true.

The helpfile is not written as a logical sentence, but as a list of the situations where you get the bonus. The two cases in the list are separated with AND you get the bonus when in wilds AND when fighting members of list X. List X has two cases, separated with an AND, shifters in form AND animals. The three cases, when fighting shifters in town, when fighting shifters in wilds and when fighting non-shifters in wilds have all the same truth value: true, you'll get the bonus.

109632, That clears it up. Thanks. n/t
109597, what he said
Posted by morocco on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And this wasn't my character, but I imagine it isn't too hard to keep good wilderness time with the wanderlust skill. AFAIK "home" is at 70 or 75% wilderness time, if wanderlust knocks that down a tier (which seems logical) you should need no more than 50 or 60% in the woods, which can't be that hard, even with magistrate duty.
109580, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Llonevia Silver-Paw the Sentinel of Summertide, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by The-me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tough combo to play at your hours, you landed some really sweet kills for someone that came across as quite new. Props :) GLWYN