Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elenellius White the Grand Master ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108983
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-May-12 08:24 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108983, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elenellius White the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Magistrate of Galadon"

Wed May 23 06:22:00 2012

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Elenellius perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:61

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well - that wasn't how I saw it all going in my head. , Elenellius (Anonymous), 23-May-12 04:46 PM, #5
Reply Ugh elf jaguar....MARCATIS follower??, Rayihn, 23-May-12 08:29 AM, #1
     Reply With how much you wanna give it out, Artificial, 23-May-12 03:08 PM, #2
     Reply Is there a sex panther form? All its skills work 60% ..., Hopelessdwarf, 23-May-12 03:53 PM, #3
     Reply No, but, Rayihn, 23-May-12 04:51 PM, #6
     Reply Some things you'd rather not know. :) n/t, Elenellius (Anonymous), 23-May-12 04:32 PM, #4
     Reply It's a bloody shame, Abernyte, 25-May-12 08:13 AM, #7

Elenellius (Anonymous)Wed 23-May-12 04:46 PM
Charter member
#108992, "Well - that wasn't how I saw it all going in my head. "
In response to Reply #0

I pop in once every year or so and play something when time allows - and since I've been freed up quite a bit lately I decided to roll something. I didn't want to play a power combo, and elf shifter Trib seemed like a good way to go. I've always wanted a Marcatis follower, and he did not disappoint at all.

Elenellius was fun to role-play, and I enjoyed my interactions with mortals and immortals alike. I really started to feel the low numbers. I play mostly days and mornings EST and at times it was pretty lonely. I also felt like there were a lot of very skilled people at hero - but almost no one in the lower and mid ranks. Not sure if that bears out statistically, but it was my anecdotal experience.

Why the delete? Well, I got tooled by everyone and everything. I probably streaked a good 30 deaths without killing anyone. I mob died a ton. I got 4 hp a level gains. It was discouraging, but coming off a long layoff, and it having been years since my last shifter I didn't care too much. I felt like I was doing okay in Tribs and interacting with Marcatis was fantastic.

As time went on I brought the gap closer and went from dying in the first round of combat to losing very close fights. I felt like I was on track and if I could find my barrier I'd probably be competitive. I'm pretty sure I know every sleek source, or very close. I checked all the ones that would be practical for Elenellius to get with no luck. I took all my edge points and attuned a new barrier source. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

The wand appeared on a mob that, honestly, could be Elenellius mentor. He was a sentient neutral, orderly mob. Elenellius had refused his whole life to kill a sentient neutral mob - now he was suddenly going to forget that and kill one of Order? I pondered trying to attune again, or asking Marcatis for help but I didn't want to play another 50 or more hours with no barrier on a character that was already getting tooled while I waited. I killed the mob a couple times, collected the barrier and took a good look at what could be done with a/b/s elf shifter. In the end, I hated myself for killing that dang mob - so I decided to call it quits.

I'm bummed to say the least - but I'll move on to playing something a little tougher to kill and a little easier to play.

Sorry to Marcatis for the early deletion. I'll be back again in the future. Please don't go anywhere. Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks, all!

RayihnWed 23-May-12 08:29 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108984, "Ugh elf jaguar....MARCATIS follower??"
In response to Reply #0

My black jaguar quest form cried bitter tears when it saw this.

ArtificialWed 23-May-12 03:08 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#108988, "With how much you wanna give it out"
In response to Reply #1

I'm tempted to roll up an elf shifter offense air sphere combat

role + I am actually a black jaguar in elf form.

role add

HopelessdwarfWed 23-May-12 03:53 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2004
272 posts
#108989, "Is there a sex panther form? All its skills work 60% ..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

RayihnWed 23-May-12 04:51 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#108993, "No, but"
In response to Reply #3

Baer's getting old. Could be a good time to switch over to cougar.

Elenellius (Anonymous)Wed 23-May-12 04:32 PM
Charter member
#108991, "Some things you'd rather not know. :) n/t"
In response to Reply #1

nt

AbernyteFri 25-May-12 08:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#109022, "It's a bloody shame"
In response to Reply #1

but people keep making us have roles, RP and have sphere chosen at very low levels and know what forms we get at very high levels! *fistshake*

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108983 Previous topic | Next topic