Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elenellius White the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108983
108983, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elenellius White the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 23 06:22:00 2012

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Elenellius perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:61
108992, Well - that wasn't how I saw it all going in my head.
Posted by Elenellius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I pop in once every year or so and play something when time allows - and since I've been freed up quite a bit lately I decided to roll something. I didn't want to play a power combo, and elf shifter Trib seemed like a good way to go. I've always wanted a Marcatis follower, and he did not disappoint at all.

Elenellius was fun to role-play, and I enjoyed my interactions with mortals and immortals alike. I really started to feel the low numbers. I play mostly days and mornings EST and at times it was pretty lonely. I also felt like there were a lot of very skilled people at hero - but almost no one in the lower and mid ranks. Not sure if that bears out statistically, but it was my anecdotal experience.

Why the delete? Well, I got tooled by everyone and everything. I probably streaked a good 30 deaths without killing anyone. I mob died a ton. I got 4 hp a level gains. It was discouraging, but coming off a long layoff, and it having been years since my last shifter I didn't care too much. I felt like I was doing okay in Tribs and interacting with Marcatis was fantastic.

As time went on I brought the gap closer and went from dying in the first round of combat to losing very close fights. I felt like I was on track and if I could find my barrier I'd probably be competitive. I'm pretty sure I know every sleek source, or very close. I checked all the ones that would be practical for Elenellius to get with no luck. I took all my edge points and attuned a new barrier source. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

The wand appeared on a mob that, honestly, could be Elenellius mentor. He was a sentient neutral, orderly mob. Elenellius had refused his whole life to kill a sentient neutral mob - now he was suddenly going to forget that and kill one of Order? I pondered trying to attune again, or asking Marcatis for help but I didn't want to play another 50 or more hours with no barrier on a character that was already getting tooled while I waited. I killed the mob a couple times, collected the barrier and took a good look at what could be done with a/b/s elf shifter. In the end, I hated myself for killing that dang mob - so I decided to call it quits.

I'm bummed to say the least - but I'll move on to playing something a little tougher to kill and a little easier to play.

Sorry to Marcatis for the early deletion. I'll be back again in the future. Please don't go anywhere. Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks, all!
108984, Ugh elf jaguar....MARCATIS follower??
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My black jaguar quest form cried bitter tears when it saw this.
108988, With how much you wanna give it out
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm tempted to roll up an elf shifter offense air sphere combat

role + I am actually a black jaguar in elf form.

role add
108989, Is there a sex panther form? All its skills work 60% of the time, every time. nt
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
108993, No, but
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Baer's getting old. Could be a good time to switch over to cougar.
108991, Some things you'd rather not know. :) n/t
Posted by Elenellius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
109022, It's a bloody shame
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but people keep making us have roles, RP and have sphere chosen at very low levels and know what forms we get at very high levels! *fistshake*

:)