Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Korrix the Champion of Ancient Ways" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107146
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 09-Mar-12 03:36 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107146, "(DELETED) [None] Korrix the Champion of Ancient Ways"

Fri Mar 9 01:33:36 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Korrix perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:79

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MurphyFri 09-Mar-12 04:30 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107147, "Seems I never got out of goodie mode."
In response to Reply #0

Sorta odd to delete after I just finished regearing and had like the best damroll I've ever had (that's 42). The character just was too inconsistent and RP-less and I fully realized it today.

Anyway, Korrix was initially meant to just go places, attack everyone, get killed by everyone and learn in the process.

Here are my issues:

1) I almost never used preps. Okay I used detect invis and sometimes protection and enlarge. Using preps is too frustrating because I tend to waste them a lot - either I use them too early or the enemy walks away with no fight, or I am attacked before I use them. I also mostly tried to run from losing fights on foot (my home was in Seantryn), heal and come back. Didn't ever work out well.

2) I have trouble being aggressive. Really. Don't laugh at me. I just dislike killing random folks for no reason. Tribunal (and by extension it's applicants) has very few valid targets. Also, could not attack criminals in town as an applicant. I figured if I attacked imperials or non-wanted marans I would look bad (to snooping imms) and stand even less chance of ever being accepted into Tribunal.

3) I'm often too busy being a slowpoke to PK successfully. Enemies walk off before I get to them, or they attack first and I am at a disadvantage. I died a lot by pincering where I knew I had to run, thinking I had some chance. Only time I totally ran away like a little girl was that time with Clahier. My chances were zero, and she wasn't a real cabal enemy anyway.

4) I'm too nice and polite. I can't talk like a jerk to save my life. This comes off as really really bad RP with an evil. No I wasn't just "suave", I was like "really really nice". Like, "You know, we are supposed to be enemies so I will try to kill you. No hard feelings, please understand and I hope you enjoy the fight". Okay maybe I'm exaggerating.

MoetEtChandonFri 09-Mar-12 01:47 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107159, "I know the feeling :P"
In response to Reply #1

I don't like being a jackass to people even if RP demands it, which keeps me from playing some really cool ideas.

Dijur (Anonymous)Fri 09-Mar-12 03:14 PM
Charter member
#107160, "RE: Seems I never got out of goodie mode."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 09-Mar-12 05:22 PM

It was nice RPing with this PC and the guy behind the screen seems top-notch. Good luck with your next.

For what its worth...I HATE bothering with preps myself, always have. I tend to shy away from warriors because of that. I even hate having to bother with recall potions.

MurphyFri 09-Mar-12 07:54 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107162, "Thanks, it means a lot to me"
In response to Reply #3

I still think it was time to move on because that's what I do when I stop enjoying my character's RP. But I'm glad to hear others liked it.

P.S. My third hero(-ish) warrior and fourth tribby attempt. Got inducted twice with goodies, failed twice with evils. I'll try again sometime, but with a character that is meant for Tribunal right from when I roll him.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107146 Previous topic | Next topic