Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Korrix the Champion of Ancient Ways
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107146
107146, (DELETED) [None] Korrix the Champion of Ancient Ways
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 9 01:33:36 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Korrix perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:79
107147, Seems I never got out of goodie mode.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorta odd to delete after I just finished regearing and had like the best damroll I've ever had (that's 42). The character just was too inconsistent and RP-less and I fully realized it today.

Anyway, Korrix was initially meant to just go places, attack everyone, get killed by everyone and learn in the process.

Here are my issues:

1) I almost never used preps. Okay I used detect invis and sometimes protection and enlarge. Using preps is too frustrating because I tend to waste them a lot - either I use them too early or the enemy walks away with no fight, or I am attacked before I use them. I also mostly tried to run from losing fights on foot (my home was in Seantryn), heal and come back. Didn't ever work out well.

2) I have trouble being aggressive. Really. Don't laugh at me. I just dislike killing random folks for no reason. Tribunal (and by extension it's applicants) has very few valid targets. Also, could not attack criminals in town as an applicant. I figured if I attacked imperials or non-wanted marans I would look bad (to snooping imms) and stand even less chance of ever being accepted into Tribunal.

3) I'm often too busy being a slowpoke to PK successfully. Enemies walk off before I get to them, or they attack first and I am at a disadvantage. I died a lot by pincering where I knew I had to run, thinking I had some chance. Only time I totally ran away like a little girl was that time with Clahier. My chances were zero, and she wasn't a real cabal enemy anyway.

4) I'm too nice and polite. I can't talk like a jerk to save my life. This comes off as really really bad RP with an evil. No I wasn't just "suave", I was like "really really nice". Like, "You know, we are supposed to be enemies so I will try to kill you. No hard feelings, please understand and I hope you enjoy the fight". Okay maybe I'm exaggerating.
107159, I know the feeling :P
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't like being a jackass to people even if RP demands it, which keeps me from playing some really cool ideas.
107160, RE: Seems I never got out of goodie mode.
Posted by Dijur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was nice RPing with this PC and the guy behind the screen seems top-notch. Good luck with your next.

For what its worth...I HATE bothering with preps myself, always have. I tend to shy away from warriors because of that. I even hate having to bother with recall potions.
107162, Thanks, it means a lot to me
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still think it was time to move on because that's what I do when I stop enjoying my character's RP. But I'm glad to hear others liked it.

P.S. My third hero(-ish) warrior and fourth tribby attempt. Got inducted twice with goodies, failed twice with evils. I'll try again sometime, but with a character that is meant for Tribunal right from when I roll him.