Subject: "(DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10621
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Oct-02 12:55 AM
Member since 09th May 2024
16834 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10621, "(DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder"

Wed Oct 30 00:54:22 2002

11 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Sun on the Theran calendar Blimbali perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:284
PK Ratio:40% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Farewell chap.., Rockbiter (Guest), 01-Nov-02 05:17 AM, #37
Reply You learned well grasshopper, Oddjob, 01-Nov-02 11:16 AM, #38
     Reply hey!, Belgorrin (Guest), 01-Nov-02 02:55 PM, #39
Reply RE: (DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder, Saldradien, 31-Oct-02 08:44 AM, #28
Reply Thanks again Sald, Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:40 AM, #30
Reply Peers at Saldradien, Sassmi (Guest), 31-Oct-02 11:52 AM, #34
Reply RE: (DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder, Uller, 30-Oct-02 07:06 PM, #23
Reply Hey thanks.., Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:29 AM, #29
Reply Toodles everyone!, Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:57 AM, #1
     Reply Good work, Simyar, 30-Oct-02 01:14 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Phylanthorin (Guest), 30-Oct-02 01:32 AM, #3
     Reply Good luck with the concept., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:14 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Abthalok (Guest), 30-Oct-02 01:38 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Noldruk, 30-Oct-02 01:43 AM, #5
     Reply We had a strange relationship., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:32 PM, #17
          Reply RE: We had a strange relationship., Noldruk, 30-Oct-02 05:08 PM, #22
               Reply Ilyat's point of view., permanewbie, 30-Oct-02 09:58 PM, #24
                    Reply Not quite.., Nhernin (Guest), 31-Oct-02 12:58 AM, #26
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Sassmi (Guest), 30-Oct-02 02:57 AM, #6
     Reply Hehe, Belgorrin (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:04 AM, #7
     Reply I debated mentioning you, Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:01 PM, #12
     Reply Nooo!, Arehanah (Guest), 30-Oct-02 07:39 AM, #8
     Reply Ya, I will miss Arehanah alot., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:05 PM, #13
     Reply the grove......, Quiditus, 30-Oct-02 08:11 AM, #9
     Reply Toodles?! Sylvans don't say Toodles!, Ulthur, 30-Oct-02 08:48 AM, #10
     Reply Hah, I had forgotten about the flail thing..., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:08 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Lightmage, 30-Oct-02 10:43 AM, #11
     Reply Bah, I dont do darkies well, Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:11 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:50 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Prendac, 30-Oct-02 02:26 PM, #19
     Reply As far as I know you are the lone Sunburst, Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:43 AM, #31
          Reply RE: As far as I know you are the lone Sunburst, Prendac, 31-Oct-02 02:18 PM, #36
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Brandulir (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:12 PM, #20
     Reply Your memory is fuzzy.., Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 11:01 AM, #33
          Reply RE: Your memory is fuzzy.., Brandulir (Guest), 31-Oct-02 01:21 PM, #35
     Reply Sheesh, Gwimdorf, 30-Oct-02 03:22 PM, #21
     Reply Ahh my right hand man., Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:50 AM, #32
     Reply pot and kettles, Gruktik (Guest), 31-Oct-02 12:34 AM, #25
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Wayfairah (Guest), 31-Oct-02 01:30 AM, #27
     Reply Gnome Power!, Samtuka, 01-Nov-02 03:51 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Alysrith, 06-Nov-02 08:46 PM, #41

Rockbiter (Guest)Fri 01-Nov-02 05:17 AM

#10622, "Farewell chap.."
In response to Reply #0

Job well done on your part. Our character seemed to cross pathes with my various incarnations, yet each time was quite enjoyable. {except crispy fried Sogorimok}. Those damn sunrays were a major reason I rolled up Dharum, to take a hands on look at the class. Im glad for all that you taught, and if I ever get back to playing will most likely play another druid and make the teacher proud. You were a great Captain and cared alot for the grove from what I gathered from both Dharum and Caviezel. Good luck in your real life and keep in touch bud..

Sog/Dharum/Caviezel

Oh what the hell just call me Dan....

OddjobFri 01-Nov-02 11:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#10623, "You learned well grasshopper"
In response to Reply #37

From what I saw with you and the druid class is that you came VERY far with it as you ranked on. I saw your fights go more towards strategy and away from Damage spamming. Druids have the ability to mess people up pretty bad in other ways then Damage.

Next time you might pick a better race though

Oddjob
...and you know I will keep in touch.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Belgorrin (Guest)Fri 01-Nov-02 02:55 PM

#10624, "hey!"
In response to Reply #38

"Next time you might pick a better race though"

Now realizing that sog was also dhar as well, I could see why he picked that race. I enjoy it very much and would pick it over gnome if I were going to do something other than human.

Belgorrin

SaldradienThu 31-Oct-02 08:44 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#10625, "RE: (DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder"
In response to Reply #0

Another one bites the dust. Well played char, enjoyed the rp. Liked interacting with you, not much on my part to say. Boredom gets the best of us, and if it's not fun anymore, then by all means delete. Always remember its just a game. For the record, no I don't think druids are overpowered, I appreciate your warm fuzzy comments, and damn that charred strawberry! Good luck with your next, you made the game fun for me. Good luck with the wife thing, dont let her beat you too much, and best of luck on your upcoming debt.

Salad - just a tad too early for me

OddjobThu 31-Oct-02 10:40 AM
345 posts
#10627, "Thanks again Sald"
In response to Reply #28

You made this character one hell of alot of fun, just like you did with my last 2 Sylvans.

...and your right, Druids arent overpowered. I have the class damn near broken down into code in my notes by this point. That doesnt make me a perfect PKer for a variety of reasons, but I know their strengths and weaknesses well. Its a well thought out class and so diverse. Id like to see more usefulnesss of forms though. Er...sorry this isnt a druid thread.

Thanks for everything and good luck with your religion.

OJ

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Sassmi (Guest)Thu 31-Oct-02 11:52 AM

#10626, "Peers at Saldradien"
In response to Reply #28

What has it got to do with me again?

UllerWed 30-Oct-02 07:06 PM
56 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10628, "RE: (DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder"
In response to Reply #0

Good job as Captain as far as I could see. Was nice to have a Sebeok follower leading the Grove after a succession of Ullerites. You could definitely see the difference from where I sit. Good luck with the marriage and the house and whatever claims your attention down the road.

OddjobThu 31-Oct-02 10:29 AM
345 posts
#10629, "Hey thanks.."
In response to Reply #23

Thanks for the compliments. I think my love for Uller really grew with this character. All my friends have told me how great you are but Id never seen hide nor hair of youwith my past Sylvans. You were always willing to talk to me though when I had questions. I appreciate that greatly.

As for your followers: Ya, I can surely attest that they are thick as can be around the grove. Every interview I went to "Oh, you are a follower of the storms are you?" hehe. Its a cool religion though, I am sure I will end up playing it sometime now.

Thanks Uller.

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:57 AM
345 posts
#10630, "Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, another Oddjob druid bites the dust. Still the undisputed best class in the game IMHO. No real conspiracies as to why I deleted, I just got bored. Anybody who knows me can attest that my chars rarely even hero because when I get bored and the RP loses its flair...I HAVE to delete. I just dont have the stamina some players do in that regard. A VERY fun char to play and it certainly kept me busy. In the span of this character I have managed to get married, take a short honeymoon, find and begin the purchase process of my first home with my wife, and work 60ish hours a week. Now that the char is kind of getting stale for me, and good leadership is poised to take my place I will take this opportunity to step aside and rest a bit. We close on our house on the 18th and I want to focus on that. I HATE it when leaders fade away so I will jsut go out on top. No plans for another char for a bit.

Imms thanks for the extra sups to Druids but it seems all it did was cause the "druids are overpowered!" snivelers to rise up untill they found a new whine de jour. Ive spent years playing the class now and to me, the best thing you have done to them is the herbal forage changes. I Refuse to gather preps with my chars and didnt use them with Blimb. Being able to gather up a ton of protective herbs and get some dam redux was a blessing. During my time with this char Druids were same old non-played druids....new sups now "OVERPOWERED!!!!!! ROLL ONE!!!, then back to being same old druids when people stopped playing em again. They arent as easy to excell at as people want to beleive, and the misinformation out there about the class has reached comical levels

On to the Ta Ta's. I will forget people, yell at me when I do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nhernin and Gorgoth: You two were two of my best buddies, or spent the most time with me hunting rather. I usually got the sharp end of the stick but Gorgoth, you cant imagine how many times I had loads of armor or nice pike that I would think "This would be great for Gorgoth" and Id be killed and have it looted/saced by tribs. Come around more often eh.

Gwimdorf: You are a great healer, and a good leader. Hone your leadership skills some and you could be quite memorable. I felt sorry for you many times and looked hard to find another healer to ease your burden but none wanted to be sylvan. I can imagine how it is being the only healer in the cabal. You always did well, when healing was needed you stayed out of combat as you should and did your thing. An interesting character and I heard you were looking to Imm. Good luck with that.

Meelus: Where oh where did you go gnome-nuts?

Wiidosem: Where? Who? C'mon man, you have to press on and hero. You are playing IMHO the most interesting class in the game. Since they made Shadar and Aridhol indoors (bunch of poop) it became a hell of alot harder to hero druids, but you can do it. You are quite capable.

Alysrith: I would go out of my way to log on more in Prime Time hours so I could be around you. I loved talking to you, running with you, interviewing, and just plain sharing leadership. Fairly early on though I had heard through the warder grapevine that you were getting old and you confirmed that. Every day I dredded logging on to see your char dead, even if it did mean I would be captain. When you passed on leadership to me and then Immed, was a damn good day for me. Damn good indeed. Lots of luck, press on through the imm ranks. You are one player that deserves it.

Saldradien: I think your the man, You know I think your the man, you know you are the man. You kept me from deleting just by doing whatever to juice the char's interest level up at just the right time. You unwittingly did this on more then one occation. I liked you with every past Sylvan Ive had and WILL roll up a follower of yours that is a promiss. You are more hands on with the cabal then any other Imm I can think of except Thror. I speak for many people when I say.....Thank you for everything.

Uller: You were very cool to me and always willing to give me rewards. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Every char up till now has never seen hide nor hair of you and this one was you were always willing to recognise me. Ive never had any desire to follow you but certainly have changed my thoughts there.

Sebeok: Ahh, my god. I "Interacted" with you on 2 occations. My empowerment, and my captain/tattoo day. My role didnt really dictate that I come to the shrine to speak with you often, or ever really. Much less preach the wonders of you. I just lived what I thought you wanted me to live. Told everyone about the importance of their instinct and whatnot, and many of my beliefs about Tribunal and whatnot came from my belief of a free spirit. Id like to know what you thought of the char if you dont mind.

Arehanah: You are great. You are not the cookie cutter Sylvan and I love that. At first we disagreed with our beliefs about Tribunal but my reasoning for that changed as well. I began to understand why it was alright for you to not hate them as a Sylvan. Most of my hatred for Tribunal came from more religious standpoint. Or rather how I percieved the religion.

Dharum/Caviezel: Both great chars, both so dynamic and ground breaking in their own way. I was happy to teach you what I could about druids inyour time with Dharum, and knew it was you with Caviezel. I can understand your frustration with some other sylvans and why you deleted each one. Your a damnimaginative and talented player.

Stelinsia: At first I respected you as a player but my character hated you because we just had different viewpoints. But after a while I just realised that I hated you with every fabric of my being. You started a ##### storm in Galadon evry time you logged on and consequently a war which resulted in more gangbangs then Ive seen from ANY scion boon. Yet, you were not so hot on dealing with what you started. God forbid you lose your gear. If I had to hear you say "Manacled" over CB one more time....what you really ment to say was "I just pissed in the punchbowl and Im outta here, good luck boys!" I told many people that you were CW, nobody believed be but it just smacked of a CW char. Cocky, bossy, reckless, felt people should automaticly Fall in behind her, etc. Guess I win the biscuit, but I should have uninducted you when I had the chance but something held me back. NO clue what.

Shalven: People say you were a jerk untill they got to know you. I didnt really get to know you since you would just not talk, and log off quickly. But I think my opinion goes right in line, you were a jerk.

Sassmi: Eh, sorry man but you seemed to be like a watered down Stelinsia. Bloodthirsty, cocky and found it hard to shut your mouth and open your ears. All the same I grew to like you alot and would have liked to teach you much more about the Druid class were you willing to learn. You were being fed lots of misinformation, I could tell. More then one warder came to me about disliking you but I saw potential in you. Main think people say is your just loud. Heh..ease up on the CB. Again, I like the char......good luck.

Sahanarra: Sayanora Sucka! Sorry..had to poke fun at the name. hehe. I liked you though, I wish you would come around more often. The pack all hunted together, you were more self sufficient, and always got results. I get the impression that this cahr has been around for a couple years. You were around when I played Macraseiel and back then you just popped up on radar, at hero already. Maybe even when I had Kribli. I like you though.

Axike: I like you a lot and wish I could spend more time with you. Your style is familiar and I am positive I know a past Sylvan char of yours.

Simyar: Didnt get to know you to well. I asked around about you, nobody seemed to know you well. I always just let you do your own thing since you got results. When I found out who played you on accident, I knew i was right. You were competant. You didnt like me and I can FULLY understand why. It sucks to get passed yo for leadership. In my time in CF it seems my chars that I dont feel deserve it, get it. And the ones I pour my heart and soul into get nothing. I liked your past chars big time and they all deserved leadership.

To all the rest of the Sylvans thanks for alot of memories. I hand picked each and every one of you to be the way I wanted Sylvan to be, and let you all know I wouldnt tolerate any deviation. No bloodthirst, No abuse of Beast Call, do your job. Sylvan is one of the last remaining cabals that actually has a purpose and JOB to do. (at the same time there will be no "patrols" if I have anything to say about it) We have responsibilities that if we shirk out on them, uninduction will follow. Tribunal is about the only other one with "work" to do anymore. Everyone else just has different flavors of PK.

TRIBS (The new Scion)
Garhizrus: We had some great great fights. Either I tore you a new one, or you tore me one. I can think of once up near the Inn and Azreth that we had some really fun exchanges. Gorach came along and I took that chance to finish you with him. Sorry about that but war is war. It saddened me to see you fall into all the Trib gangbangs with full looting/gear sacing. But I guess its true, warders fight together. Lots of finger pointing I guess. One thing I tried to do in my time as Captain is get us away from the "Sylvan Death Squad" reputation we have been plagued with for years. I made people answer for each fight they picked.

Noldruk: You are an ass. You acted like an absolute child to me IC and took every opportunity to not only gangbang me, but SPAM gangbang me, never returning a single piece of anything. Er...actually, I got 'the brains of Blimbali' once, you sacrificed the rest in front of me. You came to me for peace, I told you straight out that as long as you were around leading Tribs there would be no peace. When you die I will consider it. I think you should have been turned evil long ago from all I saw of you.

Kaebe: Lots of potential for a cool rivalry here. Mainly because I saw more of a brain in you then Noldruk. You had more competance then cranial spamming.

The rest Ulevyre aside, were just the ones who came when Noldruk did the "Blimbali knocked out (insert location here)" over CB. Dont think he ever once failed to knock me unconcious on first cranial. Damn near permalag as well for my gnomish head. Get knocked out, get gangbanged/full looted did get old.

MARAN
Abthalok, Karhon, Hazkal, Lydian and the rest: I liked you all tons. As I said in Karhon's goodbye thread, you were all willing to come to our aid at the drop of the hat. I never senced ANY hesitation in any of you. Would have liked to delve more into the RP of each of you though, but to be honest sitting around chewing the fat wasnt Blimbali's style, and likely not any of yours either.

RAGERS
Gruktik: Heard you were tough, killed you a couple times and didnt break a sweat either one. Light vuln has alot to do with that though.
Huraz: I really liked you. I said most of it in your goodbye note
Yror: You and I had alot of fun. You know I had your back.
Bryvac: At first I wasnt sure about you since you had a tough act to follow. You did well, I like you alot. As soon as I got the chance I set up an alliance between us and I hope that lives on still after my death. Village is good friends and we were of mutual aid to one another countless times.
Palesson: Almost heroed with you. You seemed to spend alot of time with us and thank you for that. I like ya alot. Very competant.
Owagwyn: We had great fights you and I, great great fights.
Ghraloch: You had a light vuln also but always seemed to get the jump on me and negate that. I remember whenyou jacked me in dwarf, tied me up, and drug me into the no_magic no_commune room. SMART SMART thinking! I loved that!

ORCS
Sogorimok, Harbik, Orgastoc: Each one of you was prepared to sit inside your village for game days on end. I underestimated your ability to do so. I eventully...would get bored and leave. You knew I was waiting in trap though and were smart to sit tight. For some damned reason every time I would have a nice little trap set up, Saldradien would log on, and ask me to come speak with him about something. I think he likes orcs!

SCION
Urden: We had a nice fight in Dwarf once. Other then that we didnt get a change to rumble at all.
Malgaris: I remember whopping on you and Rhevaen in the past at mid ranks but at hero, I seemed to be the whipping boy.
Rhevaen: Damned Shawtabies....damned damned Shawtabies. *Dismay*

Warlock
Imander: You and I liked each other and both knew deep down that we were supposed to be enemies. But I think we both saw potential to end the war between Warlock and Sylvan, and when our turns for leadership came we would make steps to do so. You faded away and I realised that peace will not likely happen any time soon.

Lardovian: Said it all in your death thread but I respected you alot.

Shila: Hard to say much since I only really had one speaking interaction with you, but you seemed dim to me. You got me a couple times, I got you a few, other then that I cant really comment much.

OTHERS=
Gorach and Wasarbre: You were both damned cool, I seemed to end up in your company from time to time.

Samtuka!: Ive managed to get near you with a couple chars now and you are just a great char. I can just envision you in front of me each time you are with me, not sure why. You should Imm *poke*

Gaplemo: If only you had used what I taught you about druids for good and not evil! I put off having to kick your ass for a long time, but it got to the point where your attacks on Sylvans couldnt be ignored any longer. So you got the pimpslap in your own trap on eastern. **RING** Druid class is now dismissed. Lots of luck though..

Leelodie: A newbie I believe. I used you to rank and was all to happy to consider you an enemy later on for attacking warders.

Vhengret: Nice char pre-Scion. You and I fell into unlikely partnership a couple times and you seemed willing to help us fight off some attacks. Never truly figured out where your loyalties were.

Wayfairah: Hrm.....we had issues, trying to think what they were...Oh ya. You abandoned me in Shadar, I told you I would make you pay for that. I told you again later that I still owed you. When I finally collected you just began to bitch ooc to me and threaten to delete. IMHO, worthless character.

Amora: YOU NEVER GAVE ME YOUR ROLE TO READ!!!!!!! I liked fighting you alot and as much as I know about druids could never seem to get the upper hand onyou. You taught me just how devestating they could be if you were suicidal enough.

Anyway, later everyone.

Oddjob

SimyarWed 30-Oct-02 01:14 AM
0 posts
#10662, "Good work"
In response to Reply #1

I guess I'm not 100% sure why you think Simyar didn't like Blimbali. My farewell just said it was funny that druids got all the spots of leadership and leuts and such. now, I know not all did, but it seemed like the odd ones did. You got it, the rockbiter got it, and Daomael got it. All three within the span of Simyar. Oh well, I like having you around, at first i didn't think you knew what you were doing, but then i figured out you did. Good work.

Aaron

Phylanthorin (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 01:32 AM

#10660, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

You gave me a run for my money in our interview. I had hoped to continue learning from you and arguing with you until Phylan had come to some kind of conclusion about how he viewed things.

Drop me a line and tell me how you think I can develop more eh?

broughton_kevin@hotmail.com

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:14 PM
345 posts
#10661, "Good luck with the concept."
In response to Reply #3

I think I gave you all the advice I could with the char during the interview. I think people had argued with you on your views of law in the past, I just wanted you to understand that a choice WILL need to be made. Your char is sort of straddling a strange line between religion, class, and Cabal goal. It will be interesting to see how that works out and if you get in. I spoke well of you but it isnt my choice.

bigwalsh1@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Abthalok (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 01:38 AM

#10659, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Toots,

Sorry about getting you killed that time by all those rescues, that was damn stupid. We never realy did pk together, just defend and raid a few times. I remeber one time when I got you and Imander together at around mid 30's to do some ranking, was funny. would have liked to have chewed the fat with you some aswell, but it wasn't Abthaloks style either. I've had problems in the past with other paladins and the grove, when they were just a bloothirsty group of pk'ers looking for anyexcuse to cal insect on anyone. The grove was a much better place with you at the helm. Well done. Good luck with the wifey and the house. hope you can get dsl or cable soon, heh

Abthalok

NoldrukWed 30-Oct-02 01:43 AM
51 posts
#10654, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Irony at it's best. I'll say one thing, you were very good at playing the victim. Either way, it was good interacting with you.. It's a real shame you mistook the way things played out as simply "my being an ass" .. All in all, you seemed like a solid leader and I'm sorry that you weren't able to deal with a war the Sylvans started.

Best of luck,
Noldruk

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:32 PM
345 posts
#10655, "We had a strange relationship."
In response to Reply #5

>Irony at it's best. I'll say one thing, you were very good
>at playing the victim. Either way, it was good interacting
>with you.. It's a real shame you mistook the way things
>played out as simply "my being an ass" .. All in all, you
>seemed like a solid leader and I'm sorry that you weren't
>able to deal with a war the Sylvans started.
>
>Best of luck,
>Noldruk

As for the war Sylvans started I put 100% of the blame of that onto Stelinsia. A single lone non-leader character. Now dont get me wrong, I didnt care to come to peace with Tribunal much, more because of the char's religious beliefs then being Sylvan. The reason I had such a vendetta against you was just the levels your char will sink to in order to get a kill. You would gangbang, SPAM gangbang, full loot, sac gear, raid with Scions...whatever. I found it hilarious when you started asking me for peace, then gangbanged me again first chance after you asked. I just didnt know any way you and I could ever be on speaking terms in a civilised way.

You were the Magneto to my Dr. Xavier....the Lex Luthur to my Superman.

Anyway, dont take it personal we all need enemies. Lots of Luck

NoldrukWed 30-Oct-02 05:08 PM
51 posts
#10656, "RE: We had a strange relationship."
In response to Reply #17

Yeah, well.. Stelinsia had problems, but the fact that the older Sylvans did nothing to stop her, and followed most of her attacks with either attacks of their own or raids, (The Spire *can't* hold items.. so taking their item is a bad idea).. Either way, I don't want to risk another big flame like with Nhernin and Jacheyik, but seriously, if someone sets your house on fire, kills your brothers and sisters, and starts throwing rocks at you, what is the point in being honorable, civil, or in any way nice about making them pay in every way possible?

It just bothered me that none of you took the time to think of it like that...

Noldruk

permanewbieWed 30-Oct-02 09:58 PM
349 posts
#10657, "Ilyat's point of view."
In response to Reply #22

The "war" with sylvan(war being defined as sylvan taking the tribbies items, and gang raping magistrates out of town at any and every opportunity) began before stelinsia even rolled. Probably before Blimbali was even inducted. Ilyatur was around quite some time(because I just could not play often), and I remember a time before getting into the spire, before Uelveyye got Provincial, when sylvans were raping any and every magistrate they could get their hands on.

As for Noldruk being lex luthor to your Superman...Ilyat looked at sylvan as basically the Al Qaeda to our Western society. Start raiding, because you want to bring down and burn the spire because of what it stands for.....then whine when the spire grows strong and starts to bring the fight right back to the Grove.

For much of Ilyat's time in the Spire, I kept a "roll of current known sylvans". There was a time (before noldruk was inducted) when the roll included more than 18 sylvans who were rank 40 and up.

Then, by the time sylvan started getting beaten on...there were maybe 5. Your gettign ganged often was the sad result of a strong spire, a sylvan grove where EVERYONE was deleting, and a Spire that was pissed off at all the sylvan aggression.

Syvlan made their bed. Lay in it and be happy!

Smile

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Nhernin (Guest)Thu 31-Oct-02 12:58 AM

#10658, "Not quite.."
In response to Reply #24

These are my opinions, not sylvan's.

Tribunal is a cabal to pick your enemies from as a Sylvan. If you have alot of enemies, you can pretty much get by without fighting them. If you have no enemies, then Tribunal is a good place to pick fights from.

I fought Noldruk because I thought he was a good player, and saw him kill a good bit of aggressive sylvans when he was younger. He took it personally, and decided to gang-rape me and my groupmates every time he could get someone to join him (and ran away when he was alone).

Either way, the pick-your-enemies-as-you-will thing with Tribunal is one of the few good things Sylvan has going for them in the way of enemies. As long as you can keep from having a vendetta with the entire Tribunal cabal.

Oh yeah, good play Blimbali. I'd say I'll see you in the fields, but I've given up on cf for the most part. Was fun.

Sassmi (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 02:57 AM

#10653, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Me?Bloodthirsty?All the kills I've gotten are all from retrieval attempts. Else I honestly don't actually walk around looking for people to kill. Firstly, I'm not a good pker. Secondly, I hate pking. But when it comes to defending, I have no choice. Well, I do know about being disliked, part thats how I planned the character to be. And the loud, lets just say, its part of the plan as well. Well, I must admit that you're about right about me being fed with the wrong infos. But luckily, I did manage to clear some things up every once in a while, in a way or another. Anyhow, I LOVE your character. Patient and tolerance in your character is totally a virtue I hardly find in other characters, though there are quite a few of course.

Sassmi the loud strawberry

Belgorrin (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 03:04 AM

#10651, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #1

I was hoping I might fall a bit under the OTHERS catagory there, but oh well. Playing time been hurting lately so I have been next to non-existant, but good luck with your next char.

I wonder if you still remember me or the reasons you disliked me

Belgorrin

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:01 PM
345 posts
#10652, "I debated mentioning you"
In response to Reply #7

And decided that I didnt know what had happened to your char and also wasnt sure if you disliked me like I disliked you, so I opted not to even bring Belgorrin up. I liked your char as a player but Blimbali couldnt accept how you cuddled up to orcs, even if it was totally justified in your rp. (Which I loved by the way, I have played a water sphere druid in the past. You did well)

My favorite moment with you was when you organised a little gangbang hand crafted for me. Conjurer with gnome smashing earth elemental, and an orc...came looking for me. You werent in pk but you were leading the posse I believe. Ill post the log on Dios. As you know I ended up killing them both and hardly getting hurt.

Anyway, good luck.

Arehanah (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 07:39 AM

#10649, "Nooo!"
In response to Reply #1

Noooo!

Darn it!

We were going to have a lot of fun together, and then you went and deleted.

As far as being non-cookie cutter -- I am pretty sure that Sylvan has evolved itself over the years with wars between different people without basic Sylvan needs telling them who to war against. Some people forego their alignment to fit their cabal, some people fit the cabal, their race, and alignment into their role (If that makes any sense.)

Well said in your farewell, I'm a little upset that you said that people complain about Sassmi though... I think she helps bring a refreshing change to the CB that isn't all Wolfish and AAooo, and just seems playfully gnomish to me.

Ah well... I'm very sad to see you go. Sylvan was growing stronger with your help in leadership.

Arehanah

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:05 PM
345 posts
#10650, "Ya, I will miss Arehanah alot."
In response to Reply #8

I guess what I ment by you being no cookie cutter was I often felt that you had some inner battles between the "Sylvan thing" and the "lightwalker thing". I liked this, I tried to alter your perception but you were unwaivering, nice. Towards the end of Blimbali I came to accept your viewpoint more and was going to ask Saldradien to Lt you, when I heard you had been made Lt the night before. Well that settled that.

Good luck friend, follow your instincts and stay passionate

As for Sassmi, I dont know what to tell ya. People came to me and said things in regards to him. I liked the char myself but he irks some folks.

Oddjob

QuiditusWed 30-Oct-02 08:11 AM
56 posts
#10648, "the grove......"
In response to Reply #1

loses another one *shrugs* ah well I never went out and tried to join so no skin off my back *grins* I heard most about ye through other Sylvan characters I traveled with and none were bad things. well hope ye roll another char that I might interact with and hope that the pack isn't "weakened" by yer leavin

UlthurWed 30-Oct-02 08:48 AM
44 posts
#10646, "Toodles?! Sylvans don't say Toodles!"
In response to Reply #1

Enjoyed the few times we got to do some hunting together. I got along really well with Alysrith, and I was curious to see if I could get along with her successors. You and "the dwarven flail" make a great combo!

.ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:08 PM
345 posts
#10647, "Hah, I had forgotten about the flail thing..."
In response to Reply #10

That was pretty funny! I managed to get Sassmi the "Sexless Strawberry" title, but I guess you wont be known as the "Dwarven Flail". To bad though. Ya, we had a ton of fun together. You are one of the more animated Maran members.

LightmageWed 30-Oct-02 10:43 AM
319 posts
#10644, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Nice job. Interacted with you with Wasarbre and I was pleased you were made leader. You got away from the CW way of running the grove....(Attack everything that moves and then get denied to leave your cabal in ruins....)

I fought you once or twice with Riav, I had you killed!! Killed dammit....hehe, when I was defending agaisnt 3 or 4 of you. But that damn last gasp of air just couldnt be forced from you before one of your lientenants finished me....*grin* Nice job.

COme to the darkside with your next. The tons of lightwalkers are boring.....we could use people like you.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:11 PM
345 posts
#10645, "Bah, I dont do darkies well"
In response to Reply #11

I am not to good at playing evil characters. Mainly because I think in our characters we try and find a spark within ourselves and stoke that up into the character. I do neutral well. I am not a 100% selfless alturistic person, and I am not by any means dark and evil even if I do think Trent Reznor is a genius.

Wish there was something out there for neutrals besides Nexus.

*sobs* I miss masters.

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 12:50 PM

#10643, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't get to know Blimbali as well as I would perhaps have liked but nevertheless I enjoyed the few battles and conversations we had.

Good luck on the next and all that.

Lardovian

PrendacWed 30-Oct-02 02:26 PM
0 posts
#10640, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Aww... does this mean I am the only Tattooed sebeok follower now? You had great leadership skills, I liked you a lot. Was really surprised when I saw you with Seb's tat because I knew that I wasnt his only follower anymore. Damn your briars though... I hated those things... so many of my creeps got ruined.

OddjobThu 31-Oct-02 10:43 AM
345 posts
#10641, "As far as I know you are the lone Sunburst"
In response to Reply #19

Ya, I think you are the lone Sunburst now. Keep representing us well and follow your instincts. In my last days I started to see a few applicants who were Sebeok followers which was good to see and refreshing in a sea of Ullerites.

Good luck, log on more.

Oddjob

PrendacThu 31-Oct-02 02:18 PM
0 posts
#10642, "RE: As far as I know you are the lone Sunburst"
In response to Reply #31

Well, homework has been piling up from school, but it's lightening up now so I should be on more. And ya, it is good to see some more Sebeok followers instead of Ullerites (no offence inteanded , Uller).

Brandulir (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 03:12 PM

#10637, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

>TRIBS (The new Scion)
>Noldruk: You are an ass. You acted like an absolute child to
>me IC and took every opportunity to not only gangbang me,
>but SPAM gangbang me, never returning a single piece of
>anything. Er...actually, I got 'the brains of Blimbali'
>once, you sacrificed the rest in front of me. You came to me
>for peace, I told you straight out that as long as you were
>around leading Tribs there would be no peace. When you die I
>will consider it. I think you should have been turned evil
>long ago from all I saw of you.
>
>The rest Ulevyre aside, were just the ones who came when
>Noldruk did the "Blimbali knocked out (insert location
>here)" over CB. Dont think he ever once failed to knock me
>unconcious on first cranial. Damn near permalag as well for
>my gnomish head. Get knocked out, get gangbanged/full looted
>did get old.

I find your statements about Noldruk amusing especially after on one occasion I killed you, and took/sacced most of your gear to which you responded that Noldruk always gave you stuff back. I believe my response was "I'm not Noldruk".

I didn't like you because you were Sylvan. It was amusing though that anytime you died you played the victim. The ram versus a fairly unprotected gnome is a simple fight, but at least you stuck around and kept playing when you were killed and for that I applaud you.

OddjobThu 31-Oct-02 11:01 AM
345 posts
#10638, "Your memory is fuzzy.."
In response to Reply #20

>
>I find your statements about Noldruk amusing especially
>after on one occasion I killed you, and took/sacced most of
>your gear to which you responded that Noldruk always gave
>you stuff back. I believe my response was "I'm not
>Noldruk".
>
>I didn't like you because you were Sylvan. It was amusing
>though that anytime you died you played the victim. The ram
>versus a fairly unprotected gnome is a simple fight, but at
>least you stuck around and kept playing when you were killed
>and for that I applaud you.

I dont want to turn this thread into a pissing match of any sort, but here is the conversation you referred to. (Summarised as this isnt the log board) This is you and Kaebe summoning and killing me in the desert after Scion raid.

A grizzled ram's charge *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You have been KILLED!!

You tell Kaebe 'Show the restraint Noldruk cant and leave the armor eh'
Kaebe tells you 'Aye.'
***I run half way back***
Kaebe tells you 'I could not stop Brandulir.'
You tell Brandulir 'You are keeping my armor eh? Just like Noldruk would..'
Brandulir tells you 'No. Noldruk is just like me.'
You tell Brandulir 'Kaebe showed restraint in his greed but you cannot? '
Brandulir tells you 'I have no sympathy for criminals.'
=========================================

I assure you, I would never say Noldruk returned my armor. Heh.

Anyway, good luck. Its actually nice from a player standpoint to see Tribunal growing in strength. I think the first time since it went in.

Brandulir (Guest)Thu 31-Oct-02 01:21 PM

#10639, "RE: Your memory is fuzzy.."
In response to Reply #33

>You tell Kaebe 'Show the restraint Noldruk cant and leave
>the armor eh'
>Kaebe tells you 'Aye.'
>***I run half way back***
>Kaebe tells you 'I could not stop Brandulir.'
>You tell Brandulir 'You are keeping my armor eh? Just like
>Noldruk would..'
>Brandulir tells you 'No. Noldruk is just like me.'
>You tell Brandulir 'Kaebe showed restraint in his greed but
>you cannot? '
>Brandulir tells you 'I have no sympathy for criminals.'
>=========================================

Hmm...it would seem my memory is fuzzy. I recall this conversation. Now I want to know who I had this mystery conversation with.

>I assure you, I would never say Noldruk returned my armor.
>Heh.
>
>Anyway, good luck. Its actually nice from a player
>standpoint to see Tribunal growing in strength. I think the
>first time since it went in.

Yeah, we'll see how long it lasts. Even now I'm getting really bored with the cabal, which is the same thing I see from all the Tribunals who have deleted in the past three months.

GwimdorfWed 30-Oct-02 03:22 PM
0 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10635, "Sheesh"
In response to Reply #1

I just want to wish you the best in everything you go forth to do. Good luck with your new house and congratulations on your marriage! I wish I would have known Blimbali a bit better, but the time that we did spend together was a lot of fun. I don't think that anyone would have been better than you to leave my corpse lying next to.

See you around!

Gwimdorf

OddjobThu 31-Oct-02 10:50 AM
345 posts
#10636, "Ahh my right hand man."
In response to Reply #21

I always considered you to be my Sous Chef. Might mean nothing to you but basicly it means you are my right hand man. I tried to keep in constant communication with you and every chance I could mold you for when you got the chance to take the lead. I think you have some yet to learn about leadership but people seem to do well with you at the helm. Dont run my pack into the ground ya smelly bastard! I reccomended you to take the Cap spot so if you get it, there are approx 25 warders counting on you. Arehanah is extremly competant and will do well also. Just remember to not be impulsive, think through every action as it reflects on the cabal as a whole, stay true to your beliefs.

bigwalsh1@hotmail.com If you are interested in dropping me a line.

Lots of Luck

Gruktik (Guest)Thu 31-Oct-02 12:34 AM

#10634, "pot and kettles"
In response to Reply #1

Your post is actually amusing, or at least the character assessments.
You point to others spamming cranial, full looting and what not...
all I saw of your skill came in 2 deaths within a span of 10 minutes.
You and a ranger, standing at briar tangles, camo'd in dwarf, sunray
sunray blah blah. Just wish I had logged our third meeting on eastern
where I caught you roaming. Yeah, south of the grove, you escaped
convulsing on a missed parting blow. You had an eagle and treant
with some damage reduction going so I know you weren't totally unprepared.
Point is you spam'd with the best of them, looted with the worst of em,
and trying to present the perspective of druids not being (even slightly?) overpowered is rediculous.

Wayfairah (Guest)Thu 31-Oct-02 01:30 AM

#10633, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Well, well, well, what can I say ?

We did have issues. I gave you my last potion of return in Shadar
Logoth and realized before we were all going to recall that I had
no potion of my own. So I stole it back and got home safely.

Yes, you said you would pay me back and really did end up doing that.
However, sticking it to me when I had come to the aid of the Grove is
a bit extreme, I think. Full looting made it worse because I had stolen
each and every piece of clothing as a matter of principle and paid
dearly for some of it.

Congratulations. You really did get to me and made me go OOC on you, on
Samtuka and on an Immortal to boot. And after that I basically just
stopped playing Wayfairah. So, I don't know what that is, whether to
respect you for that (excusing your comments about my being a worthless
character) or to simple excuse you as a sadist who enjoyed being able
to tool a class that could basically do nothing against him.

Maybe if you had played a Galadon thief, you may have gotten to know
my character better. Goodbye, Blimbali. You will be missed, if only
because I never got the chance to rank up with another character and
return the favors you did me.

SamtukaFri 01-Nov-02 03:51 PM
1 posts
#10632, "Gnome Power!"
In response to Reply #1

Samtuka!: Ive managed to get near you with a couple chars now and you are just a great char. I can just envision you in front of me each time you are with me, not sure why. You should Imm *poke*

Thanks for getting what I wanted people to get out of my interactions. Anyone can play a stupid character and call their actions entropic but I tried to bring my views of chaos though a tangible means. Being blind was great for a portion of my life but in the end it just got tedious. It is a pity you left I am feeling like I should end my life soon as well. Then again who knows...Becoming an Immortal is something I always wanted but is one of those things that will never happen. Ah well, you were great thanks for the fun.

~Sammy

AlysrithWed 06-Nov-02 08:46 PM
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10631, "RE: Toodles everyone!"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see ya go. I understand though...when time gets tiring, it's time to move on. A well played char. I enjoyed running with you, and was happy to have someone competent around to pass the torch to. Your char was one I always looked forward to seeing. I'm only sorry our paths crossed as little as they did. C'est la vie, eh?

Good luck with everything going on in RL, and I hope you find your next char as enjoyable as this one was.

Alysrith

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10621 Previous topic | Next topic