Subject: "(CON) Karhon Ironwood, Faithful Servant of Ilraeth," Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10531
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 28-Oct-02 02:33 AM
Member since 09th May 2024
16834 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10531, "(CON) Karhon Ironwood, Faithful Servant of Ilraeth,"

Mon Oct 28 02:32:36 2002

8 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Karhon perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:MARAN, the Holy Brigade of the Phoenix
Hours:530
PK Ratio:47% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON) Karhon Ironwood, Faithful Servant of Ilraeth..., BattleCharmed, 11-Nov-02 07:58 AM, #39
Reply Bird!, Dahrimar (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:50 PM, #27
Reply Yeah, doppling that one goodie threw me off for sure, b..., Karhon (Guest), 29-Oct-02 01:05 AM, #28
Reply Role/Desc for any interested or really bored., Karhon/Lanaulyn (Guest), 28-Oct-02 04:50 AM, #7
Reply My thoughts on Maran, CF, and general stuff, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:30 AM, #4
Reply My own friggin' death, and the end of the fun that was ..., Karhon/Lanaulyn (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:16 AM, #2
Reply Well BAH!, Airael Nei Loth (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:55 AM, #5
Reply RE: Well BAH!, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 04:33 AM, #6
Reply Blessed be, father Ironwood, Arehanah (Guest), 28-Oct-02 07:16 AM, #8
Reply Blessed be, Angelwing, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:15 AM, #12
Reply Brother!, Ulthur, 28-Oct-02 09:07 AM, #9
Reply RE: Brother!, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:23 AM, #13
Reply Farewell wolf, may your spirit live on in us all., Blimbali (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:23 AM, #10
Reply RE: Farewell wolf, may your spirit live on in us all., Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:28 AM, #14
Reply So there went another one..., Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 10:34 AM, #11
Reply Likewise,, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:30 AM, #15
Reply Well dammit..., Malur (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:31 AM, #16
Reply RE: Well dammit..., Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:56 AM, #17
Reply Great job, Vynmylak, 28-Oct-02 02:46 PM, #18
Reply In repliance (Is that a word?), Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:18 PM, #22
Reply Well Played, Karithia, 28-Oct-02 04:59 PM, #19
Reply Heck, it's too bad too,, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:34 PM, #23
Reply Well Played, Digrciaga (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:11 PM, #20
Reply Thanks for the fights and comments,, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:59 PM, #24
Reply Jerk, Veissa/Krav.... (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:14 PM, #21
Reply Ill call you Lardovian II, Lightmage, 28-Oct-02 10:30 PM, #25
Reply RE: Ill call you Lardovian II, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:29 PM, #26
Reply Was always fun, Danical (Guest), 29-Oct-02 01:23 PM, #29
Reply Yep, I remember the times we had,, Karhon (Guest), 29-Oct-02 08:37 PM, #31
Reply well done, Abthalok (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:26 PM, #30
Reply I remember meeting you when you were young,, Karhon (Guest), 29-Oct-02 08:39 PM, #32
Reply Adios, Uelveyye, 30-Oct-02 08:20 AM, #33
Reply Yeah, I remember sitting at the bottom of the chasm lot..., Karhon (Guest), 08-Nov-02 12:59 PM, #35
Reply Re: Karhon, Brandulir (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:58 PM, #34
Reply Yep, I remember our conversations well too,, Karhon (Guest), 08-Nov-02 01:01 PM, #36
Reply See ya!, Algorvhal, 10-Nov-02 02:28 AM, #37
     Reply I can't believe I forgot my old dwarf friend,, Karhon (Guest), 11-Nov-02 03:04 AM, #38
Reply RE: (CON) Karhon Ironwood, Faithful Servant of Ilraeth..., A newbie (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:57 AM, #1
     Reply Well, Heck, Karhon (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:18 AM, #3

BattleCharmedMon 11-Nov-02 07:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10532, "RE: (CON) Karhon Ironwood, Faithful Servant of Ilraeth..."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed interacting with your character. I had the chance to be an ally, an enemy and neutral with Karhon. Although I believe it was funny when you rotted me and you were for sure id die, well I didn't, and thats my secret.
Extremely well done

BattleCharmed

Dahrimar (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:50 PM

#10533, "Bird!"
In response to Reply #0

Not sorry you are gone as a character. Had 2 interactions with you. The second I fooled you.

Ciao.

Karhon (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 01:05 AM

#10534, "Yeah, doppling that one goodie threw me off for sure, b..."
In response to Reply #27

I would have given you the same answer had you asked me directly as yourself anyways. Karhon wasn't really about honor in any way shape or form. That time with the bird, you assumed it was cause I meant to sit aside, not cause I was slow... But actually, that's just it. I'm slow and can't see straight late at night after staring at the computer for hours at work and late hours at home. Was funny jumping you as the anti-paladin, though, definitely caught me off guard.

Karhon/Lanaulyn (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 04:50 AM

#10535, "Role/Desc for any interested or really bored."
In response to Reply #0

Your role is:
Added Wed Feb 27 23:46:27 2002 at level 1:
Karhon Ironwood is a cold shaman. Everything he does is based
on precisely one thing... Crisp, methodical logic, and a pure
motivation for righteousness to be done. Karhon knows emotion,
but he does not let himself be controlled by it.
This giant was born in Tar Valon, raised by the Ogier there and
trained as an apprentice in the areas of logic, gardening, and
meditation. As he grew older, the Ogier knew, as well as Karhon
that he could not stay there forever. Everything came together
like water, and Karhon knew the way was laid out before him.

Added Tue Mar 5 01:04:57 2002 at level 11:
He follows the religion of the twin goddess of mysteries, the Lady Ilraeth.
He intends to join the brigade, for he lives the life of a maran.

Added Tue Mar 5 16:07:54 2002 at level 11:
His choice of religion and cabal are tied together in a very intricate way.
He spent most of his youth with the Ogier, therefore his hunger for knowledge
has grown into a bloodthirst for knowledge. Add this to his keen desire
to do righteousness, and his strict maran lifestyle, and you have a recipe
for a man like Karhon. Karhon's icy cold nature is due to the fact that
he can think more clearly without emotion draped over his eyes.

Added Wed Apr 3 01:42:23 2002 at level 18:
Having gained the blessing of his Lady, Ilraeth, and a portion of her power,
Karhon continues his walk along the path of the maran, holding close to him his
desire for purity and knowledge. He has also spoken with the maran wizard, Lorimar.
They spoke of things concerning the maran... The code, and her precepts...
Karhon is now taking the next few steps within his guild, continually growing
in mind and body.

Added Fri Apr 5 22:26:10 2002 at level 25:
Karhon has used the power Ilraeth gave him well, gaining in power and knowledge.
His hunger for knowledge has not decreased in the least, and his thirst for purity
continues to be unquenchable. He now seeks to continue pleasing his Lady Ilraeth,
and to gain the approval of the Lord Shokai, and join the Brigade in their war.

Added Thu Apr 18 01:27:41 2002 at level 42:
Karhon Ironwood remains strong in his faith as his power within the guild rises.
He has been in a few battles now, though he's lost as many as he's won. But he
realizes that it's the outcome of the war that counts, moreso than the outcome of the battle.
He still has his eyes set upon the Brigade, and will forever. And also, he has spent
much time near the Fortress, or with other maran, or striking the shadow within the Chasm.

And just as much time he has spent fighting the wars within, the ongoing war of the spirit.
He still holds his Lady Ilraeth foremost in his thoughts as he goes about life, wishing
to please her. He realizes her faith in him and does not wish to let her down.
At the same time, he is strongly aware of his desire to finally meet the Skyborn
and learn if he has what it takes to join the Lord's army.

Added Thu May 9 21:37:34 2002 at level 51:
Having reached the pinnacle of his guild, Karhon spends his middle aged years trying
to surround himself with members of the brigade, and keep himself busy in the political wars being
fought all over thera. He treads lightly at some points, and rushes forward at others.
His attitude is one of humble determination, for he feels sharply the desires of his heart.
But as the Ogier taught him patience when he was young and learning the common tongue,
so he waits for whatever may come.

Added Tue Jul 23 01:35:16 2002 at level 51:
Karhon has continued in service to his Lady, and to the Fortress.
He has given his life physically and spiritually to hold onto both.
He has been rewarded in ways unimaginable, for his spirit basks in
the cool fervor of elation. He has met a shapeshifting wizard whom
shows desire for redemption, and has decided to take him under his
tutelage, and seek out the gods for action to be taken concerning it.
Karhon is still middle-aged, but ripened with the wisdom of a priest

whom has seen life, death, joy, and sorrow with Ice in his Eyes.

Added Mon Aug 26 14:36:27 2002 at level 51:
As Karhon reaches nearly four centuries in age, he stands fast in his
faith in Ilraeth, regardless of what trials she faces. He honors the
Ogier, for the name they gave him suits him, as he is now like the
Weathered ironwood tree, strong as ever, but worn by time into a ghastly
shape.
He constantly battles with emotions that arise... His fond love for
Lydian, his hatred for the shadow... But in the end, he is victorious
over those emotions, for centuries of experience have taught him to
cut them down before they take charge of his spirit.

Added Fri Oct 18 00:07:52 2002 at level 51:
Karhon is now almost five centuries in age. He has been weathered and seen more
than most would in a century. He continues his vigil in prayer and meditation.
He is satisfied with the losses he has faced physically, and thrilled with the
victory he feels over shadow, spiritually. He has taken it upon himself to
address the spiritual needs of the Brigade, to uplift his brethren and sistren.
Each day he learns more of his own nature and his priesthood. He constantly has
to remind himself that he is a priest, not a warrior, and should render his

enemy, shadow, useless in the spirit, first... Then the body.
He is also careful of himself, avoiding hatred for people that live in shadow.
In his late years, he only hopes to make as great an impact upon the Brigade
as he can. He wants not for them to remember him, but remember what he teaches
them... The values he instills as an experienced zealot.

Your description is:
An icy aura seems to hover over the head of this giant.
As his glossy orange eyes fixate upon something, it is
as if he sees nothing, for his face remains without any
expression. Deep within, you can perhaps sense a river
of wrath, but on the outside, he is cold. A few battle
scars are visible on his body, but most of them covered
by his plentiful bluish hair. He stands tall, his body
seems unmoving in the most dramatic of environments, as
solid as an ironwood tree. The broadth of his chest is
an unbelievable thing, nearly the length of a tall full
weeping tree, not stooped or hunched in any manner.

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 03:30 AM

#10536, "My thoughts on Maran, CF, and general stuff"
In response to Reply #0

Here's my two cents and then some, for any to read whom wish to. First of all, maran is the greatest cabal there is. You want to be in a cabal with fighting? Maran. A cabal that has super rp potential? Maran. A cabal in which you really grow a bond of brotherhood with the others? Maran. Shokai, I only met you twice, and only spoke to you once, but I like you. And the main reason I didn't come looking for you while I was alive was cause I didn't want to bother you cause I am sure you have a billion people trying to talk to you all at once. I am glad Vynmylak's around to lighten the load a bit. Hell, maran rocks man! I think at the end of Karhon's life, I still haven't grasped the entire concept but for any who want to join maran, here's something to think about. <<<A maran falls so that others can stand. A maran stands when others fall.>>> Think about that, it shouldn't be too hard to understand.
Carrion fields is an ongoing adventure, like a story that never ends. That's why it's so much fun, to try to be as big a piece of the story as you can. And you can't really beat the game, like all other forms of entertainment. (Xbox, even computer games) I left CF to get into Halo on Xbox, but after a while I just couldn't help but come back, cause I kept thinking, 'I wonder what Karhon is missing.' Really, the only mistake the imms could make would be to take Cf away from us all. You imms do so much work for CF to make it better, and I applied for imm to help you out, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe if I was at fault somehow, you could let me in on it so I can improve? Everyone else, stop giving them crap for stuff they change or add or take away. Maybe rp a char up and immort, try it out, and then maybe give them crap. *GRIN*
Whatever, CF rocks.
Well, it's hard to think about, that I have spent 1100 hours playing CF in the last year and a half. And it's hard staying awake when I am this freakin' tired, so I'm cuttin' this short.
Over and out,
Karhon Ironwood

Karhon/Lanaulyn (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 03:16 AM

#10537, "My own friggin' death, and the end of the fun that was ..."
In response to Reply #0

Everyone seems to enjoy writing and reading these farewell posts... So, I'll start by giving my farewells... Then in another post, I'll speak on my thoughts about maran and CF and all that other stuff.
Immortals-

Ilraeth = Why oh why did you EMPOWER me? I am so friggin' stupid, that I rolled up Karhon and picked sphere purity then decided to follow Ilraeth. It was then that I realized I was an odd sphere! But I said, 'what the hell, might as well try.' And so I tried to incorporate purity into your religion. Which, after following Savraeth before was really easy. (I did an extensive study on your religion by the way.) I almost have your help file memorized, plus I had my own notes for Karhon's take on the religion in microsoft word. And damn, I was gonna send you that stuff we were talking about. I would have so loved to try to get you and Shokai to play it out, but I guess I was too slow and stupid to get it done soon enough.

Shokai = Why oh why did you INDUCT me? My dedication? I think I got inducted at 200 hours, but still... Others have hard worse times, I've heard. Well, I tried being the priest of the brigade you wanted me to, speaking always of prayer and faith and uplifting others. And I tried to take time for the young marans, teaching the ways of zeal and stuff. Just a quick question... Do you want me to never roll up a maran ever again cause I ruined things and you were only putting up with me? Or is it ok for me to roll marans in the future? *GRIN* I promise I won't roll one up if you don't want me ever again.

Vynmylak = You rock, man! So does all the other imms, but you are now my favorite. It's kinda funny... I play Lanaulyn and follow Savraeth, which in turn makes me fall in love with Ilraeth. So then I roll an Ilraeth follower and fall in love with Vynmylak. Don't be surprised if you see another of my chars on the graveyard that was your follower. Take it easy, either way, and try to remember Karhon as long as you can.

Mayesha (Former) = It was fun interacting with you and Aliera at the Shrine now and then... Hard being so cold when Mayesha made me cry...

MORTALS! Damn, this list is gonna be long... Too long.. And yet, I'm gonna forget around 9Billion people.

Maran -
Ulthur= My main man! Seriously, you and me, we were always about when things got friggin' tough and I kinda feel bad that now you don't have me around, but it's not like I did much help. Just remember that the young ones seeking the brigade are the future of the maran cabal, so try to take time to speak with them like I did. Check the notes and search for the apps now and then. It's boring as hell, but I felt obligated to. And now you're the elder. Anyways, you rocked. I remember us striking the chasm, me having to flee and return, flee and return, while you just stayed there pissin' on everyone's heads... I always laughed at my own lack of skill, pk wise. And everyone on the dioxide pages is right, I suck with shamans. I rotted my own self! That's frickin' stupid!

Aliera = My main sister! Kinda... It was hard getting close to you when I played a character that was in love with you before (Lanaulyn) Especially when you'd mention his name and get teary eyed... I'd have to quit shortly after, just so I didn't lose my rp, and forget who I was playing. But you rock, way more than either of my chars did. And you outlast both, eh? Take care of yourself, there.

Hazkal = Rock on, we con died almost together!

Tynnyn = Where DID you go? I missed havin' yah around, cause you had no fear... With your disappearance, I tried to step up and be a little more fearless too. Someone in maran has to be the guy that jumps the nightwalker every moment he unghosts... Or maybe not, maybe I am just stupid.

Lydian = Never forget you, Karhon loved you inwardly, but whenever he was outside of the Ogier Steading, he was cold as Ice so he couldn't show it. It was hard, believe me. But hey, rock on!

Maemar = You rocked, but then you disappeared too... Damnit, our youth just aint cookin' like they should be.

Malur = You make me wanna play a warrior... You rock, in my eyes, just cause you rp better than most warriors. At least, when I was watching you. Do well, you are the future of the Brigade.

All other Marans = Karhon will pray for you, cause you are gonna need it. Evil's coming to power again, but not nearly like the old days when I was a new maran, I don't think. Still, I hope you all do well.

Scion-
There were three scions I respected. Urden and Roktalken and Zarukian. You were the only three dedicated to your cabal who would stay in thera when things looked bad. Of course, I can't see all so maybe there's other dedicated scions too... I don't mind a scion who hides or avoids death... But to NOT PLAY simply because the other side is in power is sad. The rest of you are ok by me, since I don't have anything against anyone who plays cf.

Roktalken, I hope things go well for you, but don't expect my next char to be friendly to you since I'm a perma-goodie. And maybe this char will actually be able to kill you... Hah, yeah right.

Zarukian, I kicked your ass in our guild those three times but I had humansunder and I was cabaled so it wasn't fair. Then you got cabaled, I lost humansunder, and we never had a fair one on one fight after that. I'm sure you'd probably have won, though.

Sylvan = Umm, I haven't seen you in a while, but that one sylvan that called my Father Ironwood, I liked you. The rest, I liked. Was fun fighting beside you.

Tribunal = Uelveyye, you're cool. Noldruk, you're.. cool too... Though you were too friendly with the lich for Karhon's liking. But oh well, I'm sure you had good rp reasons. Evil tribunals, I was eager to break the law to fight you in my early years, but when I got old I just didn't have the vigor I used to as a fighter. So instead, I chose to preach at you. Hell, I was playing a priest!

Village -
Tobeldest = My Brother! You friggin' represent all I want to be, man. A great and stout warrior and you know no fear. (That was the one thing you and Karhon had mostly in common.) Keep chuggin, and 'Haha, I died first!'

Storm giant warriors = I liked you all.

Duergar warriors = I didn't like you at all, especially the ones that whined about a maran jumping a duergar warrior... that's just stupid, in my eyes, but good RP? Maybe.

Scarab -
Amora = You rocked. You beat on me and beat on me, and I loved every minute of it.

Nexus -
Nydeikon = I knew you as Lanaulyn and Karhon, enjoyed both relationships immensely.

Others:
All you young storm giants and dwarves and elves, be good. Sorry I aint around to get you snow worm, too...

That Drake Shifter, whatever your name is = I am SO sorry for rotting you, I seriously was having lag on my end and hit the wrong friggin form at the worst time possible...

Anyone I forgot? Tell me and I'll try to reply. Heck, to talk about things that happened or to give me advice on being a maran, ICQ me at 99345709. Or Aim me at callsign OkijuBen. Please, no perma group wannabes like last time when I deleted Lanaulyn!

Airael Nei Loth (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 03:55 AM

#10567, "Well BAH!"
In response to Reply #2

Couldnt believe it when I read it. Especially since we did talk last time I was on about the things that were going on and I thought maybe there was someone that would care to help with the situation. I enjoyed all our talks together, a shame we never got to travel anywhere together. You rocked. Thanks for everything you were a great guy to be around with. I am truly sad of this departure... Take care and I hope to see you again in the fields sometime...

Airael

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 04:33 AM

#10568, "RE: Well BAH!"
In response to Reply #5

Likewise with all that praise, you'll be good for Ilraeth's religion too, make me proud. I really would have liked to help with that, but it seems it's a quest you'll have to do without me.

Arehanah (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 07:16 AM

#10565, "Blessed be, father Ironwood"
In response to Reply #2

And so the winds speak of your passing, and the mother welcomes you into her warm embrace.

Well done. I hope you play someone half as well as I liked Karhon.

Arehanah

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:15 AM

#10566, "Blessed be, Angelwing"
In response to Reply #8

I surely enjoyed you too.

UlthurMon 28-Oct-02 09:07 AM
44 posts
#10563, "Brother!"
In response to Reply #2

Oh man. You, Lardovian and Hazkal all go within a few days of each other. Makes Ulthur feel old, even though I don't have quite as many hours as you did. We sure had some fun, didn't we? I felt bad that you were always stuck fighting people just below me that I couldn't harm. Damn storm paladin experience penalties.

I love playing with people that don't give a damn about the odds. That time when you and me and Abthalok all got smeared by six of the Scion, then as soon as we unghosted we ran back and ganked the Nightwalker before they could respond, then sat at the Fortress and reequipped you guys so you looked identical... that was great. I also loved having a non-paladin around. Paladins are powerful in many situations, but like all classes, they have weaknesses as well. This is never more apparant then when four storm paladins go up agianst an invoker, two shifters and a shaman, and get completely destroyed. That's one advantage that Scion has had recently - their diversity. The Fortress takes a big blow from loosing you, so best roll up another one quick!

.ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:23 AM

#10564, "RE: Brother!"
In response to Reply #9

I remember that time with Abthalok and you. I have to say that was my most memorable experience in the maran. Not because of our fight against the nightwalker, but because of our roleplay after we started gathering clothes. Plus, it was the perfect example in my eyes of a maran's refusal to bend knee when shadow is on the rise. Well done, and you can bet I'll be watching you with some other mortal in your last years, my friend.

Blimbali (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:23 AM

#10561, "Farewell wolf, may your spirit live on in us all."
In response to Reply #2

All my friends outside Sylvan seem to be dying off lately. Going to make lich hunting harder I guess, but aside from that will just make life more boring. I could always seem to count on you and the maran for help when I needed it. All it took was a tell to one of you and I ALWAYS get the same response "We are on our way". From the times I was with the Brigade what I saw was relentless evil hunting and raiding. Never once was I with you all and the words "Lets all go get some gear" or whatnot come up. You are all focused and driven just as if you knew Shokai is watching you at all times, because he likely is.
You definately had more flair then most of the Maran not only for the priestly role you played but you were not the cookie cutter maran/MARAN paladin. You also seemed to understand my fight with the warlocks and we were very clear on the fact that if I attacked one when you were with then, you would fight me. But otherwise you left me do what I needed to do. I never wanted you as an enemy.

Farewell wolf, may your spirit live long in all of us.....

Captain Blimbali

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:28 AM

#10562, "RE: Farewell wolf, may your spirit live on in us all."
In response to Reply #10

You take care, man. I really enjoyed our conversations about the scion and about your wars with Warlock. The stuff about the Brigade is true, them having been really focused on the battles at hand. That was one thing I tried to instill in all my brothers and basically just something we all instilled in each other. I can vouch for every maran in that aspect. See you in the fields,

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 10:34 AM

#10559, "So there went another one..."
In response to Reply #2

Well, I think I got to say what I thought about you in my own thread but I think I should put in a word here too.

Nicely done (again)

For me, it feels that (CON) or (AGE) are the two ways of death that grant the most merit for those characters to me seem to have enjoyed their lives most and made full advantage of them. And primarily, stuck out. Well, I'll admit that I may be in an awry position to say this right now but somewhere deep within it's the way I feel.

Anyway, good luck with the next and I'll see you in the fields some day.

Lardovian

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:30 AM

#10560, "Likewise,"
In response to Reply #11

I enjoyed you immensely, mostly cause of your dedication, but also cause of the help you provided so many times.

Malur (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:31 AM

#10557, "Well dammit..."
In response to Reply #2

Alright, you guys are leaving all the fun(?) for me. Being the
under-dog is what I like, but this might be a bit difficult.

You did well from what I saw, and I thought your RP was solid.
Come back, we need you.

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:56 AM

#10558, "RE: Well dammit..."
In response to Reply #16

Hey, take care of yourself man, being a maran is going to be hard the next few months but heck, it's supposed to be a challenge. And don't worry, I'm a perma-goodie.

VynmylakMon 28-Oct-02 02:46 PM
52 posts
#10555, "Great job"
In response to Reply #2

Great job on the character, both in your roleplay and actively taking the fight to the enemy. I watched you win, watched you lose, and always you remained in role and continued on. I saw a lot in your character that a lot of folks probably would never get to witness, such as your submissions on Maran philosophy, and it always made me appreciate that extra step you took to get something out of the character. Hope it was as fun for you as it was to watch.

Good luck in th’ Fields and hope to see another great character from you.

-- Vyn

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:18 PM

#10556, "In repliance (Is that a word?)"
In response to Reply #18

You know that thing on maran philosophy I sent you and Shokai? You think it would be appropriate for me to paste it up on Shok's board? Or better yet, if you read this, can I post it on your board Shokai?

KarithiaMon 28-Oct-02 04:59 PM
26 posts
#10553, "Well Played"
In response to Reply #2

I know we didn't get to interact a lot, though every time you sought me I was extremely busy with something, so we didn't get to talk a lot. I'm glad your character turned out to be so well played. Even though you didn't get a tattoo (at least I didn't see one) you probably deserved one (darn sphere not on the list!). I hope to see you in another form soon enough!

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:34 PM

#10554, "Heck, it's too bad too,"
In response to Reply #19

I enjoyed you with Lanaulyn so I'm sure I would have enjoyed a bit of Icy conversation 101 with you and Karhon.

Digrciaga (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:11 PM

#10551, "Well Played"
In response to Reply #2

I thought you were an excellent fighter. and I noticed you never ran from a challenge that I saw. Thats all I wanted to say. That and rotting thing that happened, I never even expected that to happen, I couldn't help but laugh a little. Other then that I had respect for you.

- Digrciaga

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:59 PM

#10552, "Thanks for the fights and comments,"
In response to Reply #20

You're right... It basically wasn't Karhon to run, especially as he got older and felt more responsibility to the youth of the brigade. It was pretty funny when rot jumped back at me.. It was then that I remembered that we didn't actually have the sceptre... Had fun,

Veissa/Krav.... (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 09:14 PM

#10550, "Jerk"
In response to Reply #2

I hated you. Every time I'd be in a fight with a Scion you'd still
demonfire me even though I'm killing evils =). Jerk.

LightmageMon 28-Oct-02 10:30 PM
319 posts
#10548, "Ill call you Lardovian II"
In response to Reply #2

Nice job. I interacted with you a bit with Vomalice. We traveled together from time to time with my next charactor Wasarbre and had some fun fights. We were a bit outnumbered by the Scion hoard, but you always came to fight. My last interation with you was with my defense shifter Riav. Not much there, couple quick fights, bit of pestering on my part. Good job and you stick to your roleplay well.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 11:29 PM

#10549, "RE: Ill call you Lardovian II"
In response to Reply #25

Hey thanks, I loved Wasarbre the most of your chars, but maybe that's cause we spent more time together. Thanks for the memories, man.

Danical (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 01:23 PM

#10546, "Was always fun"
In response to Reply #2

I just remember the countless times we summoned scions out of the pit together. I knew i could always count on you to fight against them and come killing with me. It was good times, Simyar liked you as well as a character. I guess I need to make my chars last as long as you and Lardovian do, and have fun with it too!

Aaron

Karhon (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 08:37 PM

#10547, "Yep, I remember the times we had,"
In response to Reply #29

Standing above the chasm and summoning the random victim into a fight. Was lots of fun working together to get the sceptre against the random scion. Heh, I did last for a while but Lardovian beat me by a long shot...

Abthalok (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 05:26 PM

#10544, "well done"
In response to Reply #2

What can I say, Damn fine job.

I first spoke to you shortly after I was empowered, and you taught me alot and listened with honest(atleast I hopped) intrest in my role and whathave you. I always looked up to you and you always kept me in check as far as rp and duty. We worked well together, even thou I always thought we were more the solo hunting types. I remeber a few occasions when we bashed a few heads in, shamans and paladins are a decent combo.

Even tho abthalok never showed it, you were one of my best friends ic. Its going to suck not having you around.

Good luck with your next

Abthalok

Karhon (Guest)Tue 29-Oct-02 08:39 PM

#10545, "I remember meeting you when you were young,"
In response to Reply #30

And being really impressed with you. I think Ulthur nailed it when he said our best time together was after you and me died, and Ulthur helped us dress up alike at the Fortress and we jumped right back into battle. Was a great, great hour of my playing time, when we seemed to bond as friends and companions in the Brigade.

UelveyyeWed 30-Oct-02 08:20 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#10542, "Adios"
In response to Reply #2

Loved your character, ever since I sat duo'd and watched you RP in the Chasm.

Karhon (Guest)Fri 08-Nov-02 12:59 PM

#10543, "Yeah, I remember sitting at the bottom of the chasm lot..."
In response to Reply #33

What exactly did you watch me do? I also remember turning myself in to you like three times, to save the lives of the Tar Valon guards. That was lots of fun, watching how you'd react when you killed me. Thanks for the fun.

Brandulir (Guest)Wed 30-Oct-02 03:58 PM

#10540, "Re: Karhon"
In response to Reply #2

>Tribunal = Uelveyye, you're cool. Noldruk, you're.. cool
>too... Though you were too friendly with the lich for
>Karhon's liking. But oh well, I'm sure you had good rp
>reasons. Evil tribunals, I was eager to break the law to
>fight you in my early years, but when I got old I just
>didn't have the vigor I used to as a fighter. So instead, I
>chose to preach at you. Hell, I was playing a priest!

Well, we fought a few times, and bandied words about as well. I'm not sure if that was your preaching or not, but you earned a spot in my role. I can't say you really made me scared, but you were definitely the spirit of a Maran. Well played.

Karhon (Guest)Fri 08-Nov-02 01:01 PM

#10541, "Yep, I remember our conversations well too,"
In response to Reply #34

I remember falcons popping out of nowhere and jumping me to. It became a habit for me to have com blind falcon ready to go in if you popped out, so I could at least flee and you'd have to heal your blindness. Interacting with evil tribunals was always fun, thanks.

AlgorvhalSun 10-Nov-02 02:28 AM
0 posts
#10538, "See ya!"
In response to Reply #2

Sure, forget your old dwarf friend. How little I obviously meant to you.

In truth you were always fun to have around. I thought you were a sort of mid-bie, more than a newbie but still pretty new to the game, at first, but as time went on I saw that perhaps it was just your character to do things others might not. Our several conversations about your never getting the tattoo of Ilraeth and the various Maran things we did etched themselves on my mind, positively.

I died knowing the fortress was in good hands, with you.

Great job.

Karhon (Guest)Mon 11-Nov-02 03:04 AM

#10539, "I can't believe I forgot my old dwarf friend,"
In response to Reply #37

You're actually right, I am a post-newbie/pre-midbie when it comes to skill... I still remember the time I walked you and I off that cliff near the chasm, I felt so friggin' stupid. I remember you saying something like 'Hey, I hope you don't mind if I lead from now on.' And I couldn't help but laugh. I loved our conversations and just summoning people out of the chasm with you was a blast. You were like the cornerstone for my char's work in the Brigade.

A newbie (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 02:57 AM

#10569, "RE: (CON) Karhon Ironwood, Faithful Servant of Ilraeth..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey Karhon, well done, even though you only made it
500+ hours... *wink* Anyhow, I am a nobody that you helped
after I was ganged by an orc, fire giant, and duergar, you
gave me some armor and money to buy food, it was well RP'd
on your behalf as well. Thanks for helpin' me. And hopefully
you will last a little longer in the next life. *snicker*

Some newbie.

Karhon (Guest)Mon 28-Oct-02 03:18 AM

#10570, "Well, Heck"
In response to Reply #1

There's no such thing as a newbie being a nobody. You are the future of CF man, cause sooner or later I'm gonna go blind from staring at a computer on the job and at home. I hope I helped you stay with CF even longer. I know how in the beginning, getting ganked can make you wanna leave. But don't let it get to you, make it your challenge to hero THEN get ganked by eight scions!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10531 Previous topic | Next topic