Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Faragon the Grand Elder of Changelings" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105018
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 13-Dec-11 06:20 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105018, "(DELETED) [None] Faragon the Grand Elder of Changelings"

Tue Dec 13 16:17:52 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Faragon perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:31

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply you deleted a cheetah at 31 hours!?!?!?!?!?! nt, laxman, 14-Dec-11 09:46 AM, #1
     Reply AND diamondback. I was horrified. Cheetah/Diamondback w..., Groupmate (Anonymous), 14-Dec-11 12:18 PM, #2
     Reply It was a mistake..., Faragon (Anonymous), 14-Dec-11 12:31 PM, #4
          Reply You're crazy. nt, Artificial, 14-Dec-11 12:37 PM, #5
               Reply Seconding the crazy., AXera, 14-Dec-11 12:57 PM, #6
                    Reply Your choice, Faragon (Anonymous), 14-Dec-11 02:07 PM, #7
                         Reply And this, right here, is the real problem with the play..., TMNS, 14-Dec-11 05:25 PM, #10
                              Reply Actually, I think you could be more specific..., Alston, 14-Dec-11 09:53 PM, #11
                                   Reply You never fail to disappoint. NT, TMNS, 14-Dec-11 11:34 PM, #12
                                   Reply So what you are saying is..., Abernyte, 15-Dec-11 07:11 AM, #13
     Reply Yeah, Faragon (Anonymous), 14-Dec-11 12:27 PM, #3
          Reply Pachy Cheetah would be sweet., Treebeard, 14-Dec-11 02:35 PM, #8
               Reply Veil was weakened that time (nt), Faragon (Anonymous), 14-Dec-11 02:37 PM, #9

laxmanWed 14-Dec-11 09:46 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#105020, "you deleted a cheetah at 31 hours!?!?!?!?!?! nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Groupmate (Anonymous)Wed 14-Dec-11 12:18 PM
Charter member
#105021, "AND diamondback. I was horrified. Cheetah/Diamondback w..."
In response to Reply #1

Pounce + Regen? Mmmmm.

Faragon (Anonymous)Wed 14-Dec-11 12:31 PM
Charter member
#105023, "It was a mistake..."
In response to Reply #2

To go utility. I didn't chose my second focus until 48 level, and it was a bit difficult to level up, but doable.

Why it was a mistake? Because there is a tiger form. Tiger + defense regen would work much better (my opinion). If I'd want to play cheetah, I'd have to go something else (air most likely). But I had no regen forms, so going air would decrease my chances on getting regen form.

Thats why second shapefocus = defense, and cheetah + rattlesnake combo isn't good enough (for me).

ArtificialWed 14-Dec-11 12:37 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105024, "You're crazy. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

AXeraWed 14-Dec-11 12:57 PM
Member since 09th Nov 2008
48 posts
#105026, "Seconding the crazy."
In response to Reply #5

With that combination of forms, you could have taken some of the fairly difficult wand locs too. I would have looked for a hell of a long time before giving up on those.

To each his own, I guess.

Faragon (Anonymous)Wed 14-Dec-11 02:07 PM
Charter member
#105028, "Your choice"
In response to Reply #6

Play as you like, I don't forbid you to!

For me, it's easier and quicker to reroll and have a nice wands locatons than have wand that will be pain in the ass to get. And every other location I've checked, worry not.

TMNSWed 14-Dec-11 05:25 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#105035, "And this, right here, is the real problem with the play..."
In response to Reply #7

I spent 10 hours looking for my stuff and couldn't find it.

I'll just reroll and spend 25 hrs ranking to try again until I get the easiest combination of forms/wands.

FFS.

AlstonWed 14-Dec-11 09:49 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#105036, "Actually, I think you could be more specific..."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Wed 14-Dec-11 09:53 PM

This is the problem with players who play shapeshifters.

It's a no brainer class that requires little to know effort to play. Is it any wonder that the people who play them would be put out by anything that required a little effort?

I have played several shapeshifters and I am struck by a few things.

1) How easy they are to rank.

2) How easy they are to PK with.

3) How boring they are.

I have a huge prejudice against them and would ask a necromancer to group with my maran before I would ask a shapeshifter to group with me with a few specific exceptions.

P.S. Shifters don't need abs.

TMNSWed 14-Dec-11 11:34 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#105038, "You never fail to disappoint. NT"
In response to Reply #11

I miss Pro though. CHANGE YOUR HANDLE BACK!!!!

AbernyteThu 15-Dec-11 07:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#105042, "So what you are saying is..."
In response to Reply #11

1) That you feel like you are playing God mode when you are a shifter and that is why I know every shifter you have played because you were awesome.

2) You would let an OOC issue YOU have with a class deliberately ruin the RP experience for someone else because you cannot separate IC and OOC character traits?

Or am I just not reading this right?

Faragon (Anonymous)Wed 14-Dec-11 12:27 PM
Charter member
#105022, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #1

I couldn't find my rods (every relatively easy location were empty). For some reason, detect artifact didn't flare on non-sleek sources. I've prayed, got no answer and tried to find it without DA. But without being sure if DA would flare on sleek, it was too boring and unreliable to continue.

Bored, I've chosen second focus and got rattlesnake. I've had two before and each time rattlesnake were a very very sad form, unuseful for anything but healing. I wanted my second form to be useful too. If it would be croc or komodo, I'd keep it and find my rods or would attune them; but rattlesnake isn't that good as you think.

So... spin the wheel, got pachyderm = delete.

TreebeardWed 14-Dec-11 02:35 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#105029, "Pachy Cheetah would be sweet."
In response to Reply #3

Regen forms are great. But not necessary. But I could see hating no regen AND no rods.

DA doesn't fire all the time, on everything. If you were on with lots of ragers often, that might harm the spell's effectiveness.

Keep on truckin

Faragon (Anonymous)Wed 14-Dec-11 02:37 PM
Charter member
#105030, "Veil was weakened that time (nt)"
In response to Reply #8

It flared on another characters and those I've asked, but not on me. No idea why. I've bugboarded that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105018 Previous topic | Next topic